Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 10:43:40 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Unloading Tuco's gun & plans regarding Angel Eyes
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Unloading Tuco's gun & plans regarding Angel Eyes  (Read 6937 times)
Rudra
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 04:49:50 PM »

In the cemetery scene, when Tuco is digging up Arch Stanton's grave, Blondie walks in and throws a shovel in the pile of earth and tells Tuco to use it because it would be a lot easier. I have always wondered, why did Blondie ask Tuco to dig up Arch Stanton's grave, even though he knew that the money was buried in the grave marked "Unknown"?  I think Blondie knew that Angel Eyes was on their trail and it was only a matter of time he (Angel Eyes) would show up and thus planned out a final standoff well in advance (Unloading Tuco's gun was only part of his final standoff plan). Any other idea?

« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 04:52:10 PM by Rudra » Logged
O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2010, 11:20:29 PM »

Not sure if that was the real reason, but it sounds very reasonable to me.

iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2010, 12:19:54 PM »

In the cemetery scene, when Tuco is digging up Arch Stanton's grave, Blondie walks in and throws a shovel in the pile of earth and tells Tuco to use it because it would be a lot easier. I have always wondered, why did Blondie ask Tuco to dig up Arch Stanton's grave, even though he knew that the money was buried in the grave marked "Unknown"?  I think Blondie knew that Angel Eyes was on their trail and it was only a matter of time he (Angel Eyes) would show up and thus planned out a final standoff well in advance (Unloading Tuco's gun was only part of his final standoff plan). Any other idea?

Brilliant..never thought of that

Ice

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2010, 12:32:02 PM »

A lot of this movie relies on extraordinary plot convenience. It's not a bad thing but it's best not to take things too literally.

Saturday nights with Groggy
elliot_belt
Chicken Thief

learn your horse.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2010, 02:49:50 PM »

If a work of fiction outlasts its review because it  is immune against 'communicative wear' then the suspicion is aroused that it is art.

That's why we can discuss GBU without putting an end to the mystery.

[...] the old man only said that it was pointless to speak of there being no horses in the world for God would not permit such a thing.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM