Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 02:00:04 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Duck, You Sucker (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  "O-KAY!!!!"...or should that be "OK!!"?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "O-KAY!!!!"...or should that be "OK!!"?  (Read 2352 times)
marqkin
« on: August 02, 2007, 03:35:17 AM »

Well....I was in one of my play...re-play......play.....re-play moods last night...
I watched the classic scene from 'Duck You Sucker' where John & Juan prepare to blow up the bridge.....
....something about the scene bothered me...and; for the life of me, I couldn't get it......
and then.....
...when John (James Coburn) & Juan (Rod Steiger) are alone (the rest of the 'band' having just 'left', Juan has (bless him!) a rant at John; and...during this this rant...not only does he call John an "eeerrish piece of s...!!!", but he also says "OK", or ("O-KAY!").....
Steiger says "O-KAY!!" in such an exaggerated way that I've always found it amusing...even though (and, to me, this is important...he means it in a SARCASTIC way....).
What struck me last night, is that - after the bridge has actually been 'blown - and when John and Juan have received their 'baptism' of 'friendship' - Juan (Steiger) gives the 'O.K.' sign with his fingers to John...
...in the space of a few seconds...Juans sarcastic 'OK' has gone from being a sarcastic 'screw you', to being a 'wow!!!!... we did it..thumbs up 'OK'.....
Another classic moment from this beautiful film that I only picked up on last night...
Adios....hope this proves of interest.....

geoman-1
Bounty Killer

In everyone's life there is a "Summer of '42"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 06:04:17 PM »

Interesting. I will make note of it the next time I watch this film. Wink

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 10:45:07 AM »

I don't think it matters. Ok, O-kay, same thing.  Afro

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM