Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 07, 2019, 04:15:55 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Jill has an annoying voice in English
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2 3
: Jill has an annoying voice in English  ( 12083 )
The clint
Gunslinger

« : August 03, 2007, 09:39:39 AM »

It is completely different from Claudia Cardinale's voice, it sounds differently (and worse) recorded than all other voices in the film, and is also worse dubbed (especially "Used it one at the time or all together?" line). I'm for someone more appropriate redub her in the same quality as the rest of the film.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #1 : August 03, 2007, 09:48:56 AM »

It is completely different from Claudia Cardinale's voice, it sounds differently (and worse) recorded than all other voices in the film, and is also worse dubbed (especially "Used it one at the time or all together?" line). I'm for someone more appropriate redub her in the same quality as the rest of the film.

I thought the woman who dubbed her voice did an excellent job. Fit Cardinale perfectly.

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #2 : August 03, 2007, 09:55:11 AM »

I thought the woman who dubbed her voice did an excellent job. Fit Cardinale perfectly.

I agree with Peacemaker. I thought the voiceover was wonderful.

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
KevinJCBJK

« #3 : August 03, 2007, 12:19:27 PM »

I was under the impression Claudia did her own voice-over. Maybe that explains how good it was.

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #4 : August 03, 2007, 04:03:13 PM »

I was under the impression Claudia did her own voice-over. Maybe that explains how good it was.

I wish she had done her own voiceover. I think her natural voice is sexy.  O0

KevinJCBJK

« #5 : August 03, 2007, 05:12:37 PM »

apparently she was dubbed all her films before 8 1/2, because her Tunesian accent was "undesireable"

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #6 : August 03, 2007, 05:24:43 PM »

apparently she was dubbed all her films before 8 1/2, because her Tunesian accent was "undesireable"

Interesting. It's very well desirable to me.  ;)

The clint
Gunslinger

« #7 : August 05, 2007, 09:13:57 AM »

What also annoys me about her voice is that she sounds so angry: "I said print Station!" "A bathtub full of hot water" "Of course, it's not the same thing"... I think they should've used someone who didn't sound so edgy.

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #8 : August 05, 2007, 10:59:34 AM »

What also annoys me about her voice is that she sounds so angry: "I said print Station!" "A bathtub full of hot water" "Of course, it's not the same thing"... I think they should've used someone who didn't sound so edgy.

Well the line, "Of course, it's not the same thing" is supposed to sound edgy, and have that kind of angry tone to it. You can clearly see she was upset in that scene. Frank had the chance to be killed, and Harmonica let him live. Jill clearly wanted him dead. The line, "I said print Station", was a line delivered with excitment. It didn't strike me as sounding mad. The "A bathtub full of hot water" line, again, I didn't get anything angry out of this delivery. I dunno, that's just my opinion.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #9 : August 05, 2007, 03:10:03 PM »

I've never minded Claudia's dubbing voice to the extent that I outright hated it, but there are certain lines (like the one mentioned in the OP) which are poorly dubbed and don't come off well.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #10 : August 05, 2007, 03:51:34 PM »

I've never minded Claudia's dubbing voice to the extent that I outright hated it, but there are certain lines (like the one mentioned in the OP) which are poorly dubbed and don't come off well.

I never thought this way. The delivery of those lines never seemed out of place, at least in my opinion.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #11 : August 05, 2007, 04:16:57 PM »

The dubber doesn't even sound like herself when she says "taken one at a time or all together?".

It is distracting but that is my only complaint for her dubbing.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #12 : August 05, 2007, 04:26:22 PM »

The dubber doesn't even sound like herself when she says "taken one at a time or all together?".

It is distracting but that is my only complaint for her dubbing.

I think that scene Claudia was actually speaking Italian. You can tell. That's why the dubbing doesn't match up.

Bill Carson
Gunslinger

Where`s that damn fly...!?

« #13 : August 06, 2007, 01:29:14 AM »

I agree with Peacemaker. I thought the voiceover was wonderful.

I totally agree!

She was just married, came into the new town (out-of-the-way wilderness - for her, because she was from big city), and what she finds out there? That her whole family is dead, killed... All of them... What can she do in such situation...? I think that it is normal that someone in situation like that (when all of her plans, her new life..., all of it, is ruined) sounds angry, disappointed, bitter...

If she had sounded happy and have happy voice during the whole movie (someone in that situation), in my opinion, it would be stupid!

« : August 06, 2007, 02:44:42 AM Bill Carson »
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #14 : August 06, 2007, 09:36:24 PM »

I totally agree!

She was just married, came into the new town (out-of-the-way wilderness - for her, because she was from big city), and what she finds out there? That her whole family is dead, killed... All of them... What can she do in such situation...? I think that it is normal that someone in situation like that (when all of her plans, her new life..., all of it, is ruined) sounds angry, disappointed, bitter...

If she had sounded happy and have happy voice during the whole movie (someone in that situation), in my opinion, it would be stupid!

I couldn't agree more with you Bill Carson. If she did sound a bit edgy, she had plenty of reason for it!

: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines