Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 07:40:07 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Dark Knight (2008)
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Dark Knight (2008)  (Read 4058 times)
KevinJCBJK
« on: August 04, 2007, 09:48:43 PM »

I am not sure if somebody started this topic, I couldn't find it afte 10 pages, so I thought I just make a topic.

I just saw the teaser trailer before The Simpsons Movie, they didn't show much, but I heard some dialogue like Bruce Wayne and Alfred talking and Heath Ledger's Joker. I think he's going to be great.

"A lot of people are going to die tonight, I am a man of my word" *manic laughter*

Wish 2008 will come sooner  Afro

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 11:21:37 PM »

I am not sure if somebody started this topic, I couldn't find it afte 10 pages, so I thought I just make a topic.

I just saw the teaser trailer before The Simpsons Movie, they didn't show much, but I heard some dialogue like Bruce Wayne and Alfred talking and Heath Ledger's Joker. I think he's going to be great.

"A lot of people are going to die tonight, I am a man of my word" *manic laughter*

Wish 2008 will come sooner  Afro

Oh yeah, I've seen that trailer...well, heard it. haha. I'm a huge Batman fan. I hope Christopher Nolan can continue developing his own Batman Saga with nothing but positives. I can't wait!

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
KevinJCBJK
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 04:59:43 PM »

It's going to be great, the same great cast is back, Bale, Cain, Oldman, Freeman, too bad Neeson won't return, and Maggie has replaced Tom Cruise's hostage.

Plus new additions like Aaron Eckhart as Havery Dent and Heath Ledge as The Joker. I know he will be even more menacing than Jack Nicholson! Yes I've said it.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 05:41:49 PM »

It's going to be great, the same great cast is back, Bale, Cain, Oldman, Freeman, too bad Neeson won't return, and Maggie has replaced Tom Cruise's hostage.

Plus new additions like Aaron Eckhart as Havery Dent and Heath Ledge as The Joker. I know he will be even more menacing than Jack Nicholson! Yes I've said it.

Don't knock Jack's Joker. It was brilliant. I hate it when people put it down. It was a great performance. In Nolan's Batman Saga however, the Joker will be a bit darker, which will be great. I'm looking forward to a change up in the Joker's appearence and actions. Hopefully Ledger does a good job, which I think he will.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
KevinJCBJK
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 05:54:03 PM »

Don't knock Jack's Joker. It was brilliant. I hate it when people put it down. It was a great performance. In Nolan's Batman Saga however, the Joker will be a bit darker, which will be great. I'm looking forward to a change up in the Joker's appearence and actions. Hopefully Ledger does a good job, which I think he will.

You mean people knock Jack's Joker? I thought he was universally prasied for it! He was definetly better than Tommy Lee Jones's Two-Face.

Michael Cane said Heath delivered a "brilliant" perfomance, so I've heard.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 05:58:16 PM »

You mean people knock Jack's Joker? I thought he was universally prasied for it! He was definetly better than Tommy Lee Jones's Two-Face.

Michael Cane said Heath delivered a "brilliant" perfomance, so I've heard.

Yeah, go over to the "Dark Knight" board on IMDB. Some idiots rip apart Jack's joker left and right.

Where did you read that comment from Michael Caine. That's awesome if he said that about Heath's Joker. I can't wait!

KevinJCBJK
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 06:07:04 PM »

I read it today on YouTube...not sure if it's true, but it sounds Michael Canish.

Oh the IMDB boards are full of pricks, I am sure most of them do that to get people upset.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 08:42:40 PM »

I read it today on YouTube...not sure if it's true, but it sounds Michael Canish.

Oh the IMDB boards are full of pricks, I am sure most of them do that to get people upset.

Yeah, I hate giving opinion's over there on some boards. Some boards are cool, but other's are just filled with nonsense. You know what I mean.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 09:23:28 PM »

You mean people knock Jack's Joker?

The main arguement is that he was more of a comical villain than one you would love to hate. Nicholson was the funny man while Keaton was the straight man.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
KevinJCBJK
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 01:59:41 PM »

"You wouldn't hit a guy with glasses would you?"

I think what people are afraid of is Heath copying Jack's peformance. But I believe he is playing a more psychotic villian.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 02:05:19 PM »

"You wouldn't hit a guy with glasses would you?"

I think what people are afraid of is Heath copying Jack's peformance. But I believe he is playing a more psychotic villian.

I agree. I mean all past Joker's have had their similiarities and I don't think that'll change here but I do believe this will be the darkest and pychotic joker yet.

KevinJCBJK
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 02:32:30 PM »

Yeah, probably more menacing than Ceaser Romaro  Wink

Noodles_SlowStir
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 02:46:18 PM »

Couple of months back I watched Kiss Of Death and Night And The City.  Richard Widmark is in both of these noir classics.  Widmark is widely known for his turn as Tommy Udo in Kiss Of Death....the psychopath that pushes the woman in the wheel chair down the stairs.  In Dassin's Night And The City he plays the driven, manipulative and tragic Harry Fabian.  Widmark was outstanding in that role.  I haven't seen every one of his films but I would guess that one must be in his top five list of performances.  As I watched those two films.... I realized how much Nicholson had based parts of his Joker characterization on Richard Widmark....particularly the Tommy Udo character.

Whalestoe
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 05:52:53 PM »

http://my.spill.com/profiles/blog/show?id=947994%3ABlogPost%3A355506

Here is "his" rejected script! Wink

This is a good laugh.

Atlas2112
Bounty Killer

formerly Gay Patrick Stewart

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2008, 07:22:40 PM »

Ive seen this before  Grin

my favorite lines: