Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 02:41:09 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Braveheart (1995)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Braveheart (1995)  (Read 12325 times)
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2007, 10:48:28 PM »

I was looking through the FORUM for a "Braveheart" thread and was surprised I didn't find one. Well, I'm changing that. I think this is one of the best films ever, bar none. Mel Gibson showed us exactly why he's one of the best director's working in Hollywood today. What amazes me is that this was only his second film behind the camera, and what he created was one of the most emotionally driven and thrilling films ever created. It excited us, it thrilled us, and it made us cry. It also has everything you could want, DRAMA, ACTION, and ROMANCE. It winning Best Picture in 1995 is well deserving, and I absolutely laugh when some believe it should not have won.

There has been many copy cat films ever since, but none come close to the brilliance of Braveheart, well maybe with the exception of Gladiator  which comes close. I remember back in 1995 when I seen it in the theatre, oh how people were shocked, and blown away at the most realistic fight scenes ever created for film. No CGI, just a director and his team hard at work to bring us some of the best battle sequences to ever grace the silver screen. How can you not forget the James Horner's masterful score that accompanied it. In my mind one of the best score's ever.

Mel Gibson I salute you for giving us such a film! At the time of it's release, many people thought this was one of the greatest film achievements in film history. But the past few years, some people have been turned off by Mel's action's and have changed their opinion's of him and his work. I think this is absolutely nonesense. You don't have to agree with Mel's behavior, but at least acknowledge that his work is great, especially Braveheart. This is one of the best American Films ever made, period.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 10:56:21 PM by Tucumcari_Bound » Logged

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 10:55:16 PM »

Sucks.

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 10:57:56 PM »

Sucks.

rr has yet to see Braveheart and is just trying to get under my skin.  Wink

KevinJCBJK
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 11:02:52 PM »

Yeah I loved Braveheart, I use to annoy my family when they were watching the film on tv, I was acting out the gruesome death many of the characters have suffered.

But yeah the film was well done, even James Horner didn't rip off his own tunes.

Sadly Mel hasn't made another good movie since. He made it back when he wished he was Scottish, and now he makes films because either he wishes there is a God or that he is honoring a civilization that most people don't care about because they didn't contribute to our way of life.

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 11:03:39 PM »

I am very sorry Mr. Tucumari_Bound, and I will make sure never to disappoint you again with my childish antics.

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 11:15:11 PM »

I am very sorry Mr. Tucumari_Bound, and I will make sure never to disappoint you again with my childish antics.

Grin You're the man rr! Afro

Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 11:15:27 PM »

Sucks.

I agree Afro

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 11:17:11 PM »

Yeah I loved Braveheart, I use to annoy my family when they were watching the film on tv, I was acting out the gruesome death many of the characters have suffered.

But yeah the film was well done, even James Horner didn't rip off his own tunes.

Sadly Mel hasn't made another good movie since. He made it back when he wished he was Scottish, and now he makes films because either he wishes there is a God or that he is honoring a civilization that most people don't care about because they didn't contribute to our way of life.

I would have to disagree Kevin. He has made two great films since "Braveheart". One being, "The Passion of the Christ", and the recent "Apocalypto" which I thought was masterful. Yes, "Passion" is hard to watch, but from a technical standpoint, it's outstanding. Mel is a great director, period.

KevinJCBJK
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 11:20:02 PM »

I would have to disagree Kevin. He has made two great films since "Braveheart". One being, "The Passion of the Christ", and the recent "Apocalypto" which I thought was masterful. Yes, "Passion" is hard to watch, but from a technical standpoint, it's outstanding. Mel is a great director, period.

Yeah the Passion is not my kind of film, too preachy, you know? But I don't think he can top Braveheart. The battle scenes were so cool!

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 11:21:44 PM »

Yeah the Passion is not my kind of film, too preachy, you know? But I don't think he can top Braveheart. The battle scenes were so cool!

I honestly didn't think "Passion" was too preachy. That's just me I guess.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 12:02:25 AM »

Yeah get off the stage ya prat!

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2007, 06:35:22 AM »

It was a reasonably entertaining movie. I definitely wouldn't say it's one of the greatest films ever made. I think I gave it a 7.5 since I couldn't decide whether it was a very good or truly great movie.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2007, 10:01:43 AM »

It was a reasonably entertaining movie. I definitely wouldn't say it's one of the greatest films ever made. I think I gave it a 7.5 since I couldn't decide whether it was a very good or truly great movie.

Well Groggy, you are trully one of the hardest critics I've ever come across. I dunno how somebody could not be blown away by this film. The emotion's that this film gets out of you is something rare. It's incredible, period.

KevinJCBJK
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2007, 12:21:53 PM »

Well Groggy, you are trully one of the hardest critics I've ever come across. I dunno how somebody could not be blown away by this film. The emotion's that this film gets out of you is something rare. It's incredible, period.

One of my favorite scenes, is when Mel and Brenden Gleeson were throwing stones.

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2007, 12:24:22 PM »

One of my favorite scenes, is when Mel and Brenden Gleeson were throwing stones.

HAHAHA, I do love that scene. It's hilarious.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM