Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 02:54:22 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rob Zombie's Halloween (2007)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rob Zombie's Halloween (2007)  (Read 25501 times)
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2007, 08:28:08 PM »

I usually hate remakes of classic films as the original "Halloween" was. John Carpenter gave us something special with the original film and created a horror classic as we know it.

When Rob Zombie got permission from John Carpenter to remake his film and when I found out I was upset. Then I started reading about what Rob was going to do and how it was not going to be an exact remake. Rob stated how he wanted the character of Michael Myers to be the focal point of the film, the main character, unlike the original film in 1978. Rob's take is going to be more of a backstory of the character, someone of a prequel/remake. The basic story is there, but Rob is going to show us a lot more of Michael as a kid and his dealings with Dr. Loomis in the Insane Asylum. Even with this news I still was skeptical and then I heard who was being cast in the film and I was even more excited.

The first thought comes to mind when you think about the casting of this film was how the hell are they going to replace such a legend in Donald Pleasence for the role of Dr. Loomis. Then when legend Malcolm McDowell from "A Clockwork Orange" Fame is casted and you're like WOW. What's cool about this is McDowell has never seen a "Halloween" film, and Rob Zombie wanted that. Malcolm McDowell is going to put his own take on the character which should be interesting. After that the acting talent just goes on and on, Brad Dourif (Deadwood) as the Sheriff, William Forsythe (Once Upon a Time in America), Danny Trejo (Grindhouse), Clint Howard (Cinderella Man), Dee Wallace (E.T.), Adrienne Barbeau (The Fog), and Danielle Harris from Halloween Sequel fame.

I also have read that the masked Michael Myers will be more menacing and lose the cement shoes. Ever wonder how the characters of Michael Myers or even Jason Voorhees ever caught their victims walking after them? Well I guess Michael picks up his pace in this film making him more terrifying which is cool . His mask is outstanding as well.

Anyway, here's the NEW TRAILER if you have yet to see it. Enjoy!

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809784517/video/3545602/20070801/122/3545602-700-wmv-s.40142212

« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 08:32:28 PM by Tucumcari_Bound » Logged

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Sonny
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 09:23:31 PM »

Sadly, I feel my interest drawn to this release... I really hope it doesn't suck.  I saw a trailor of it in the Tarantino/Rodriguez Grindhouse movies. 
It really didn't look half bad.

"I have vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals.."
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 09:56:34 PM »

Sadly, I feel my interest drawn to this release... I really hope it doesn't suck.  I saw a trailor of it in the Tarantino/Rodriguez Grindhouse movies. 
It really didn't look half bad.

I know exactly how you feel Sonny, believe me. I dunno why I'm so drawn to this myself. I honestly hate horror films today for the most part. I think Hollywood has strayed away from what made the horror genre great decades ago. There's no story telling anymore. These films are filled with no substance and terrible acting. Usually they're filled with CGI as well. This stuff is just recycled over and over again and it's getting old. Nothing's scary anymore. I honestly hate the remakes of all these horror classics as well. This film, however, something seems different. It's been Rob's dream to remake this and from the looks of the trailer and from what I've read, it has a chance to be something great. We will see soon enough.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Whalestoe
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 10:12:10 PM »

Looks pretty good. I got a feeling Rob will do it justice Afro Evil

Then again, I haven't been disappointed with his films/fake Grindhouse trailer yet.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 10:37:22 PM »

Then again, I haven't been disappointed with his films/fake Grindhouse trailer yet.

What I love about this, is that Rob is not remaking Halloween FRAME BY FRAME. He's using the basic plot yes, but he's telling his own Michael Myers Story and putting his own spin on it.

This franchise needed a fresh start. Why do another horrid sequel? The character just wasn't scary anymore and Rob knows this. That's why I'm giving it a chance.

Sonny
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 10:39:57 PM »

That reminds me, yeah what I saw in teh Grindhouse thing was a different trailor, something having to so with zombie Nazi women? haha, it was funny.

I saw the Halloween trailor on youtube.  Afro

"I have vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals.."
Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 10:57:40 PM »

You can be sure that im going to be watching Death Sentence when this comes out Afro

Whalestoe
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 11:50:02 PM »

You can be sure that im going to be watching Death Sentence when this comes out Afro

The movie with Kevin Bacon?

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 03:26:38 AM »

Actually, I might be watching this (and I haven't watched even the trailer yet). The cast and the fact that Myers is running make me interested. Seriously, it's f***ing ridiculous that the murders in (most) horror films calmly walk when their victims are running and still they catch them (TCM is an exception that comes to my mind). I've always thought that if I ever made a horror movie, the murderer would run fast and have a shot gun. That is another stupid thing in horror movies. Americans have more guns than any other nation, but still in horror movies they kill eachother with knives Roll Eyes.

On the other hand, I've never understood how somebody could remake their favorite film (Peter Jackson and KK Lips Sealed).

« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 03:30:21 AM by moviesceleton » Logged

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2007, 05:54:33 AM »

I think the original Halloween isn't all that great, in fact I thought it sucked. So I couldn't care either way about the remake.

Saturday nights with Groggy
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2007, 08:49:42 AM »

I think the original Halloween isn't all that great, in fact I thought it sucked. So I couldn't care either way about the remake.

Grin Ok David Lean.

BeauButabi
Gunslinger

Hail to the king, baby!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2007, 11:32:26 AM »

I have zero interest in seeing a retelling of Halloween by Rob Zombie, or from anyone for that matter, but because it's from Rob Zombie even more so. Neither Ho1KC or TDR showed me that he can make a movie I'd be interested in. His movies remind of of those crappy 70's flicks MST3K would rip on.

"Who the hell are you anyways, Smith?"
"I'm a British nanny, and I'm dangerous."
- Shoot 'Em Up (2007)
Nakadai
Bandido

We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 11:37:46 AM »

Eh, not really concerned with this one. While overall I would consider Zombie's previous efforts enjoyable albeit flawed, this really just doesn't jump out at me. Granted most remakes don't, so I suppose i'll withhold judgment till I actually see it.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2007, 12:01:28 PM »

I have zero interest in seeing a retelling of Halloween by Rob Zombie, or from anyone for that matter, but because it's from Rob Zombie even more so. Neither Ho1KC or TDR showed me that he can make a movie I'd be interested in. His movies remind of of those crappy 70's flicks MST3K would rip on.

I think you'll change your opinion if and when you see it BeauButabi. Have you read about it, have you seen the trailer's? The character looks to be back to it's scary form, the way it's supposed to be.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2007, 01:59:57 PM »

TB, if you like Carpenter's HALLOWEEN I suggest you check out Bob Clark's BLACK CHRISTMAS.
Carpenter ripped off elements from BC when making "Halloween".

And in my opinion BC is a much better film.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM