Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 15, 2018, 08:40:29 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rob Zombie's Halloween (2007)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
: Rob Zombie's Halloween (2007)  ( 28819 )
Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

« #105 : September 01, 2007, 08:41:29 PM »

Okay. I might give this one a shot, but I need to see the original again.

Dont dude because then its going to ruin it just watch the remake then watch the orignal to wash away the bad taste O0

Mw/NNrules

« #106 : September 01, 2007, 08:44:25 PM »

Dont dude because then its going to ruin it just watch the remake then watch the orignal to wash away the bad taste O0
;D ;D ;D.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #107 : September 01, 2007, 10:08:48 PM »

As an overall outsider to this topic as a whole, how does this compare to the original.

Coming from a somebody who never liked the original in the first place...I say this film still doesn't compare.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Mw/NNrules

« #108 : September 02, 2007, 08:50:15 AM »

Even if you didn't like both, thanks for your opinion.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

« #109 : September 02, 2007, 02:50:03 PM »

After seeing this today, it was a very different experience from the original version that was supposed to have been released.

There were actually quite a few minor differences and two major ones. The ending was fairly quick in the original version having Loomis talk his way into having Myer's drop his knife and release Laurie followed by the cops unloading their guns into him a la HALLOWEEN 4. One crane shot later and its over.

In the new one, it's dragged out to nearly 15 or 20 minutes of Myer's chasing Laurie into his house. There's also a glaring continuity error that is shown in close up no less than three times. It involves the death of one of the characters.

Thankfully, the vicious and totally stupid rape scene-escape was excised and a new, improved, although still questionable sequence replaces it. There's also a lot of trimmed dialog throughout and numerous bits added to existing scenes while others are either removed or reshot.

One scene that should have been left in was Loomis telling young Myer's that he convinced the suits to allow him to go outside in the "garden" followed by his repeated statement, "I need to get out of here.", as Loomis seems to ignore his rant. Now, in its place, is a pointless bit with Sheri Moon walking along a wall with Michael in tow telling his mother to put his mask back on.

There are a lot of these sprinkled throughout. It all does little to improve the movie but it did make it much more watchable. About the only lasting thing I can say about this movie is that it made want to go back and revisit the original again as well as part 2. That's the one success I can say Zombie unwittingly brought to his movie.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

« #110 : December 18, 2008, 10:20:48 PM »

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=8885

^ Article on the Rob Zombie sequel.
Already fans are ecstatic.
How any horror fan can be excited for this after seeing the abysmal first is beyond comprehension.

And somebody PLEASE fix this search engine.
When I type in "Rob Zombie's Halloween remake (2007)" it shouldn't take me to a list of Django titles. >:(

Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

« #111 : September 08, 2009, 08:54:05 PM »

Sequals out. Anyone see it? No? Ok then.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

« #112 : September 08, 2009, 08:58:22 PM »

Sequals out. Anyone see it? No? Ok then.

It seems nobody saw it.
Check out the box office gross.

: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines