Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2018, 12:47:45 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Turrillas Church 2007 Location Photos (FAFDM Indio's Hideout)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Turrillas Church 2007 Location Photos (FAFDM Indio's Hideout)  (Read 3264 times)
marqkin
« on: August 12, 2007, 08:55:01 AM »

After already having posted one interior photo on the General Discussion page of Turrillas Church, Almeria, I thought I'd post a few more on here. Of course, it was in here, in 1965, that Sergio filmed the scenes for Indio's Hideout...
the huge wooden doors at the rear of the church are the original doors, although the rest of the church has been renovated......The original pulpit - as used in the film - appears to have been replaced by a newer one; and the church roof, which was missing in the movie, has now been fully replaced...
The church - which is locked up Monday to Saturday - is nowadays only opened to the public on a Sunday, for Catholic Services, and the church key is nowadays 'safe-guarded' religiously (pardon the pun) by a Spanish local lady....I was very fortunate to have a location guide who tracked down the key-holder, and persevered in obtaining entry to the interior...
Hope other fans enjoy these photos, as much as I enjoyed taking them in June this year.....

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/8632/81668875jn9.jpg

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2669/10ua7.jpg

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/6130/39346103vu6.jpg

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/7131/12yf0.jpg

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 09:04:08 AM »

very nice, what's the outside look like?

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
marqkin
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 09:17:08 AM »

very nice, what's the outside look like?

I don't think I took any of the outside on this particular visit....but I'll have a hunt through all the photos (I took over 1,200 of practically all the Leone Almeria locations in 3-4 days!!)... I'll see what I can find...even if it's a scan of the outside from a few years ago...  Glad you like the interior shots...

geoman-1
Bounty Killer

In everyone's life there is a "Summer of '42"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 09:28:03 AM »

Great shots Marqkin. Keep them comming! Cool

marqkin
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 09:32:07 AM »

Great shots Marqkin. Keep them comming! Cool

No probs, glad you enjoy them....During this coming week, I'll have a search through all the other photos that I took in June....Good to know that I can share some of the images with other fans.....

Noodles_SlowStir
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 09:37:45 AM »

Really nice marqkin.  Thanks again for sharing.  Sounds like you had really great tour guide....

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 04:00:57 AM »

It's wonderful! It lost part of its spirit as it was in the film, of course, but it's great to know it's still standing there safely and serving its original purpose!

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
Jeepman
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 02:24:50 PM »

Those pictures are fantastic! Thank you very much for posting those links up. Smiley

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 11:21:28 AM »

Those pictures are awesome! I wanna visit this place so bad!

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM