Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 01:56:30 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Raise Your Hands, Dead Man, You're Under Arrest (Su le mani, cadavere! ...)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Raise Your Hands, Dead Man, You're Under Arrest (Su le mani, cadavere! ...)  (Read 4875 times)
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2007, 05:52:36 AM »

Italian title: Su le Mani,Cadavere!Sei agli Arresti.

Directed by Leon Klimovsky.

Its the end of the Civil War,a sadistic Union captain is systematically gunning down in cold blood the helpless Confederate remnants.A medic tries to prevent the captain from butchering hospital inmates so mockingly the captain offers him his pistol but  the medic is pathetically unable to take his chance.

Fast forward and the medic having  learnt his gun craft is now Kid Johnson(Peter Lee Lawrence) an altogether more cocky and self assured character.He joins the Texas Rangers and is immediately assigned to Springfield where a land baron Clayton(Aldo Sambrell),previously the Union Captain,has been terrorising the local ranchers into selling their properties in anticipation of the impending railroad.Posing as a perfume salesman,and aided by the cool mysterious black clad Dollars(Espartaco Santoni),the Kid uses his guile as well as his pistol in outsmarting Clayton at every turn.

This is a very entertaining sw incorporating plenty of humour amongst the excellent gun play and action throughout with the big final gun battle being particularly memorable.I'm now getting to be a fan of Lawrence who utterly convinces here and its also great to see Sambrell playing a substantial role as the bad guy in which he always delivers.To top it all we have a brilliantly cool musical score provided by Alessandro Alessandroni.

A very recommended 8 out of 10. Afro

« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 09:08:40 AM by Banjo » Logged
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 08:52:31 AM »

Alessandro Alessandroni. I wouldn't have minded making the correction were it not that in Italy there's a piano player-singer haunting different tv channels  bearing the name you misspelled. Though he was probably unborn at the time this movie was shot.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 09:10:18 AM »

Embarrassed

Corrected Afro

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 07:27:32 PM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067035/

http://www.spaghettiwestern.altervista.org/vari-west38.htm

Enthusiastic review at italian SWDB and even the single commen at IMDB gives this a 6\10 that I could raise to 7\10. Revenge story with Sambrell playing the villain.  Lawrence is the avenger aided by Santoni; and the three main actors are very good. A very effective scene is the opening, with the northern captain Sambrell killing in cold blood surrendering confederate soldiers on the battlefield and wounded ones in an infirmary (were scenes like this ever filmed in AW'S?). Later he becomes a adventurer trying to buy out all the landowners of the traits where a train line is bound to pass through. Lawrence, having become a ranger in the meantime, will frustrate his plans.
The rhythm is good, Helga Liné is sexy (though not very pretty); only the scene with the confrontation between the band of baddies and the two goodies is scored by Alessandroni with a too humourfull musical comment, for the rest quite impeccable. This movie seems having been based on another movie that I have already reviewed (http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=5336.0, if I rememeber well). As the story is by Bergonzelli that is no shock.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 10:32:05 PM by titoli » Logged

O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 10:38:13 PM »

I agree with the previous comments with one exception. The movie is a "serious" SW until towards the end, when a number of "humorous" scenes are introduced which, in my opinion, completely spoil the movie.

Yes, the acting is good, the direction is good, and the musical socre is good; but unfortunately, introducing a  number of Trinity-like scenes in an otherwise serious SW does far more harm than good. Other than that, I found the movie very watchable.

6/10

stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 01:42:56 AM »

I'm surprised about the favourable comments for this below average film. Only the first scene is interesting (and the character of this strange Texas Ranger), but the rest of the film could easily be the same without this scene. Lawrence is weak as usual and the film is quite boring. 3/10

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 04:26:38 PM »

I don't recall liking it as much as Banjo but I don't recall hating it as much as Stanton.

Seemed like an average film with some above average elements.
Some visual flare in the beginning (which, as Stanton said, is the best bit in the film) and some fun gimicky stuff (perfume bottles containing nitro).

I have no problem with Lawrence and never have.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 01:40:35 AM »

Hate is the wrong word. I never hate films. In fact it's a strange thing that people hate films.

There are films that entertain me and films that don't do so. I simply don't care much for boring films. We can discuss (or think about for ourselves) why films are bad (=boring), but apart from that it's better to rewatch a fascinating film than wasting the time with hating films. We should concentrate on the films that are good and simply ignore the bad ones. Still sometimes it's fun to be a bit negative about films which are imo weak or even bad (and are for others maybe a masterpiece).

Raise Your Hands is apart from the opening scene mostly a badly directed film.

Jill
Bounty Killer

This time I did

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 06:36:11 AM »

Sounds good, and the title is essential.  Will check out if it's available somewhere.

"Does this unit have a soul?"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM