Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 10:21:54 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Ennio Morricone (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  What director, past or present, would you like Ennio Morricone to work with?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What director, past or present, would you like Ennio Morricone to work with?  (Read 12901 times)
KevinJCBJK
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2007, 07:12:37 PM »

Bernardo Bertolucci

Mw/NNrules
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2007, 08:14:04 PM »

Who normally scores for Kurosawa? The only Japanese composer who lived at that time I know is Akira Ifukube.
Toru Takemitsu did Kagemusha and Ran. I liked both.

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2007, 08:22:24 PM »

I would have loved to see Ennio work with Sam Peckinpah especially for The Wild Bunch. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind The Wild Bunch score, especially that Mexican song they play at the end, but an Ennio Score would have been fantastic I'm guessing.

Speaking of that Mexican song. That song would have to stay to begin with. It's awesome.

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2007, 07:21:12 AM »

Well, I was saying Scorsese if he'd do a western. He wouldn't using any Rolling Stones music for a western film if you know what I mean.

I hope not, but you never know. The music he did for "Gangs of New York" was rather anachronistic, in my opinion.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2007, 08:14:04 AM »

I hope not, but you never know. The music he did for "Gangs of New York" was rather anachronistic, in my opinion.

This is true about Gangs of New York. The techno like music in certain scenes just did not fit.

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2007, 09:11:28 AM »

This is true about Gangs of New York. The techno like music in certain scenes just did not fit.
I disagree.

I think Scorsese would try to use real and actual compositions from the time period, if he ever made a western. I love the work of both these artists, but IMO they would be very odd pair.

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2007, 11:22:39 AM »

I'm intrigued to see if his Theodore Roosevelt project comes to fruition. Would be very amusing to see the charge up San Juan Hill scored to "Gimme Shelter" or "Satisfaction". Grin

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2007, 12:48:42 PM »

I'm intrigued to see if his Theodore Roosevelt project comes to fruition. Would be very amusing to see the charge up San Juan Hill scored to "Gimme Shelter" or "Satisfaction". Grin

Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

You just reminded me of Arsenic And Old Lace.  I saw that play a couple weeks ago.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2007, 04:22:20 PM »

Somehow I've not seen that yet. I do know about it though. Afro

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2007, 06:19:01 PM »

I would have loved to see Ennio work with Sam Peckinpah especially for The Wild Bunch. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind The Wild Bunch score, especially that Mexican song they play at the end, but an Ennio Score would have been fantastic I'm guessing.

Though I don't like the movie (but I plan to rewatch it asap) and can't remember a single note of the score,  it is easy to imagine that it would have been much better with M's score. Just think how awesome he was with Five Men Army.

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2007, 08:30:23 PM »

Grin Grin Grin That's frickin' hilarious.

Noodles_SlowStir
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2007, 09:23:05 PM »

Bernardo Bertolucci

This could very well be.  Ennio worked with Bertolucci on four of his films.  He contributed to the score of Before The Revolution; composed the scores for Partner, 1900 and Tragedy Of A Ridiculous Man.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2007, 09:56:01 AM »

Though I don't like the movie (but I plan to rewatch it asap) and can't remember a single note of the score,  it is easy to imagine that it would have been much better with M's score. Just think how awesome he was with Five Men Army.

I strongly disagree. I think Peckinpah and Morricone would have done great work together, but I can't imagine TWB with a Morricone score. Morricone's too flashy, for lack of a better word. Jerry Fielding's score is very restrained and minimalist, and it's impossible for me at least to imagine Ennio doing a better job of it.

Now "Major Dundee", on the other hand. . . a retarded monkey could have come up with a better musical score than that. Unfortunately, the people responsible for the new score on the 2005 Extended Cut didn't have any retarded monkies to advise them. It's impossible to watch with the new score, it's too solemn and dreary. Gimme Mitch Miller and the "Apache doorbell" any day.

KevinJCBJK
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2007, 03:02:45 PM »

This could very well be.  Ennio worked with Bertolucci on four of his films.  He contributed to the score of Before The Revolution; composed the scores for Partner, 1900 and Tragedy Of A Ridiculous Man.

Yeah I didn't know whether or not the thread is for directors who have not worked for Ennio, but the name popped up in my head so I put it down.

How about John Huston?

Mw/NNrules
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2007, 03:53:40 PM »

Frank Darabont would be interesting.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM