Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 05:03:58 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Golden Globes: And the winners are...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Golden Globes: And the winners are...  (Read 2747 times)
Whalestoe
« on: January 13, 2008, 10:26:50 PM »

http://www.goldenglobes.org/nominations/index.html

Casey Affleck once again being beaten by Bardem is ridiculous. Sure, Javier did a great job... but his character wasn't that groundbreaking or intense.

Oh well, at least, D-day reigns supreme. Afro

Atlas2112
Bounty Killer

formerly Gay Patrick Stewart

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 10:33:55 PM »

i havent seen assassination yet so i cant comment on Casey's performance, but i loved Javier's performance. I remember in the critic's choice awards, Javier was adament on how Casey was so much better then him (even though he won the award)

I like how it went this year, none of that phoney balogna bull sh*t you see every year. None of them bad jokes or even worse acceptance speeches. writers should have strikes more often  Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 10:38:42 PM by Atlas2112 » Logged

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 10:33:57 PM »

http://www.goldenglobes.org/nominations/index.html

Casey Affleck once again being beaten by Bardem is ridiculous. Sure, Javier did a great job... but his character wasn't that groundbreaking or intense.

Oh well, at least, D-day reigns supreme. Afro

Well, I haven't seen "JESSE JAMES" yet, but I've seen Bardem's performance. It was sure as hell groundbreaking as you say. That was one of the most unique and original villains I've seen in years. Bardem was intense and then some. That character stayed with me a long time after viewing that film so I believe his win was rightfully deserved in my opinion.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 10:36:10 PM »

First off, Affleck didn't have a supporting role in Jesse James - he had a starring one.

Secondly, yeah, he was a hell of a lot better than Javier.

Whalestoe
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 11:13:09 PM »

i havent seen assassination yet so i cant comment on Casey's performance, but i loved Javier's performance. I remember in the critic's choice awards, Javier was adament on how Casey was so much better then him (even though he won the award)

I like how it went this year, none of that phoney balogna bull sh*t you see every year. None of them bad jokes or even worse acceptance speeches. writers should have strikes more often  Roll Eyes

Yes, Bardem's speech was very humble at the Critic's Choice. He is definitely a great actor and overall, he seems like a great person.

Well, I haven't seen "JESSE JAMES" yet, but I've seen Bardem's performance. It was sure as hell groundbreaking as you say. That was one of the most unique and original villains I've seen in years. Bardem was intense and then some. That character stayed with me a long time after viewing that film so I believe his win was rightfully deserved in my opinion.

I disagree, but that's okay. If Affleck didn't win, I would much rather it be Bardem he stole it from him than Wilkinson or Travolta. Hoffman winning wouldn't be TOO bad, but he wasn't as good as Affleck or Bardem by any means.

First off, Affleck didn't have a supporting role in Jesse James - he had a starring one.

Secondly, yeah, he was a hell of a lot better than Javier.

I totally agree. But according to all the award shows (and his second billing), he was a Supporting Actor. I think that was almost one of the best points of the film: the misguided view of Robert Ford the public has i.e. "dirty little coward", or in today's standard "suppporting actor" when he is no more "hero" then James was or "leading man" as Pitt was. In my opinion, they both were the stars--Casey just stole the show.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 07:05:56 AM »

Hoffman winning wouldn't be TOO bad, but he wasn't as good as Affleck or Bardem by any means.

Yeah, in your OPINION.

Bardem deserved the award, in my opinion.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Whalestoe
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 12:11:06 PM »

Yeah, in your OPINION.

Yeah, know duh "in my opinion". Isn't everything we say around here our own opinion? Wink

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 02:28:08 PM »

Yeah, in your OPINION.

Well, you still haven't seen Rescue Dawn, Gone Baby Gone, or Jesse James. I'd personally but Zahn, Harris, and Affleck (although I don't consider Affleck to be a supporting actor in Jesse James) ahead of him.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM