Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 01:40:13 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem (2007)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem (2007)  (Read 16438 times)
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2007, 05:44:53 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqpMqpX3z0A

If you're a fan of sci-fi, then get ready for your jaw to literally drop. It looks like The Strause brothers will do this sequel justice. By the looks of the trailer, it looks like it's in the tradition of ALIENS (1986) which we all know is a sci-fi masterpiece.

The first time we seen these two iconic creatures on the big screen together a couple years ago in AVP, it turned out to be a big disapointment. I was only looking forward to the sequel because I'm a big fan of both franchises and the fact that I wanted it to be better than that first film which was horrid.

Anyway, this looks like it has some promise so enjoy the trailer!!!

« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 12:57:18 PM by TucumcariBound » Logged

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
KevinJCBJK
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 06:53:02 PM »

Jesus! They didn't bother editing out he gore. This looks so much better than the last film which was HUGE disapointment. I am ready to say that this is the one and only AVP film. Thanks for posting!

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 07:14:46 PM »

Jesus! They didn't bother editing out he gore. This looks so much better than the last film which was HUGE disapointment. I am ready to say that this is the one and only AVP film. Thanks for posting!

No problem Kevin! I'll be the first to admit that AVP was horrible. This looks like it has all the Alien and Predator R-Rated violence, gore, suspense, and horror. I've been reading lately some great things about this. The trailer looks pretty awesome!

KevinJCBJK
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 08:43:04 PM »

No problem Kevin! I'll be the first to admit that AVP was horrible. This looks like it has all the Alien and Predator R-Rated violence, gore, suspense, and horror. I've been reading lately some great things about this. The trailer looks pretty awesome!

Just about everything we need in an Alien and Predator film  Cool

I've seen heads exploding, blood splattering, and eyes gouging out. This is going to be sweet.

Mw/NNrules
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 08:43:16 PM »

The first two Aliens movies are awesome. They're classics in both sci fi and horror. Predator was cool. I didn't think it had as much plot and intrigue as the first two Aliens films. I haven't seen Predator 2, but I will one day. I heard it was good, but not amazing. Either way, both series had suffered a decline in popularity. Aliens 3 (what I saw) was pretty awful. Aliens 4 (what I saw) was a little better, but still bad. Predator 3, if ever planned, just never happenned. Both series lived only in comics, action figures, and the memories of film buffs who sadly looked upon what happenned. On a side note, call me a geek, but I own two Alien action figures. I don't play with them all that much, but they look awesome. One is a Gorrilla Alien, the others a bull. I wanted to get a Snake Alien, but they don't sell them anymore. Angry. Guess I'll have to check Ebay. Anyways, back to my dramatic story, he seperate comic book series slowly became intertwined. Then came Alien vs. Predator. The comics and video games were successes! There was a movie to come out! Then one horrible thing happenned: Paul W.S. Anderson. He was the director. The movie was a moderate success, but it ended up being horrible (or so I hear). Now, this one, may be cool. Cool. The End.

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 10:26:52 PM »

The first two Aliens movies are awesome. They're classics in both sci fi and horror. Predator was cool. I didn't think it had as much plot and intrigue as the first two Aliens films. I haven't seen Predator 2, but I will one day. I heard it was good, but not amazing. Either way, both series had suffered a decline in popularity. Aliens 3 (what I saw) was pretty awful. Aliens 4 (what I saw) was a little better, but still bad. Predator 3, if ever planned, just never happenned. Both series lived only in comics, action figures, and the memories of film buffs who sadly looked upon what happenned. On a side note, call me a geek, but I own two Alien action figures. I don't play with them all that much, but they look awesome. One is a Gorrilla Alien, the others a bull. I wanted to get a Snake Alien, but they don't sell them anymore. Angry. Guess I'll have to check Ebay. Anyways, back to my dramatic story, he seperate comic book series slowly became intertwined. Then came Alien vs. Predator. The comics and video games were successes! There was a movie to come out! Then one horrible thing happenned: Paul W.S. Anderson. He was the director. The movie was a moderate success, but it ended up being horrible (or so I hear). Now, this one, may be cool. Cool. The End.

I totally disagree with you about Alien 3 Mw/NNrules. Have you seen the Assembly Extended Cut? It's a flat out MASTERPICE. It fills in all the plot holes that were missing from the theatrical version. This version is the closest to David Fincher's vision.

A lot of people put down ALIEN3 for the simple fact that it followed ALIENS as wasn't as action heavy as that film. It went back to more of the horror and suspence of the original Alien film and it succeeded. I personally think Alien 3 holds the best ending and score of the series. Alien, Aliens, and Alien3 are all MASTERPIECES. They should have stopped there. Alien Resurrection, although a solid sci-fi film all in itself, it doesn't hold a candle to the previous three. They should have stopped and made it a trilogy. It would have been one of the best ever.

I dunno how you can put down the original Predator. It's a full blown sci-fi classic and it still holds up today to any sci-fi film being made. It's just a classic, period. Arnold has never been cooler and there hasn't been such a cool cast of characters assembled in years since. Predator 2 although not as good as the first, wasn't that bad. It adds more to the Predator character and the ending is pretty great.

BeauButabi
Gunslinger

Hail to the king, baby!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 11:06:19 PM »

I remember somewhat enjoying the first AvP in the theaters, but I keep hearing how the next one is gonna blow that one away. Really looking forward to it.

Since you guys are talking about the other entries in each series, I'll chime in with my $.02. I think the first Alien movie is the best horror film ever made. Absolutely perfect. Aliens I have mixed feelings about. James Cameron does great with action and plot, and I've enjoyed every one of his films greatly, but once his characters open their mouths I want to slap them, and Aliens was one of his biggest offenders in that vein (The Abyss being the worst, and The Terminator being the only flawless one). Alien 3 I really liked, though a problem is it has so many British dudes cursin' like sailors that it's hard to differentiate anyone from eachother. The assembly cut improves greatly on this, and it improves on other aspects that I didn't even realize were flaws when watching the regular cut all those years. And I just loved the tone of the film. Would've been a great trilogy if there hadn't been a part 4. Though A:R I admit is a guily pleasure for me. Just plain stupid fun. And it had Leland Orser playing a paranoid dude. Automatic thumbs up for that alone.

Predator is an 80's classic. It's to the action film that Alien was to horror. Pure. Pred 2 was your typical cash-in sequel, but it actually has some passable action, and I especially loved the last 30 minutes. But overall I don't think I've sat through the whole thing more than twice in my life, and don't plan to make the count any higher. Hell, I don't even own it on DVD.

"Who the hell are you anyways, Smith?"
"I'm a British nanny, and I'm dangerous."
- Shoot 'Em Up (2007)
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 11:44:44 PM »

I remember somewhat enjoying the first AvP in the theaters, but I keep hearing how the next one is gonna blow that one away. Really looking forward to it.

Since you guys are talking about the other entries in each series, I'll chime in with my $.02. I think the first Alien movie is the best horror film ever made. Absolutely perfect. Aliens I have mixed feelings about. James Cameron does great with action and plot, and I've enjoyed every one of his films greatly, but once his characters open their mouths I want to slap them, and Aliens was one of his biggest offenders in that vein (The Abyss being the worst, and The Terminator being the only flawless one). Alien 3 I really liked, though a problem is it has so many British dudes cursin' like sailors that it's hard to differentiate anyone from eachother. The assembly cut improves greatly on this, and it improves on other aspects that I didn't even realize were flaws when watching the regular cut all those years. And I just loved the tone of the film. Would've been a great trilogy if there hadn't been a part 4. Though A:R I admit is a guily pleasure for me. Just plain stupid fun. And it had Leland Orser playing a paranoid dude. Automatic thumbs up for that alone.

Predator is an 80's classic. It's to the action film that Alien was to horror. Pure. Pred 2 was your typical cash-in sequel, but it actually has some passable action, and I especially loved the last 30 minutes. But overall I don't think I've sat through the whole thing more than twice in my life, and don't plan to make the count any higher. Hell, I don't even own it on DVD.

Great post BeauButabi. You seem to know quite a bit about the Alien and Predator series which I love. I've been a huge fan of both series since I was a kid. That's why I was pretty upset at what turned out to be AVP. It could have been great in my opinion. The setting was fantastic for the film. The problem was, the script was absolutely horrible. Some of the worst dialogue written ever for a film. The Predators were to bulky, the didn't sound like Predators, and their faces looked to rubbery and fake. I also hated what they did with the Queen. She was to fast when she moved. The Alien Queen in Aliens had a coolness about her. She was slick and moved fluently but not to fast. AVP also lacked what the most important thing was and that's suspense and horror. Not once did you feel scared at these creatures. Everything moved to fast. The alien life cycle was way to quick. It just played out like a cheap video game. I'm really looking forward to the improvements in this sequel.

I wanted to point out something about Alien Resurrection. Over the years the film has grown on me as well. I just love the cast that's assembled in this film. They're all pretty cool characters. I absolutely loved Ron Pearlman in the film. He was cast perfectly. I just wish the plot was better. I'm just not a big fan of the cloning story line. I think they should have went in another direction with this film, minus Sigourney Weaver's Ripley. She died at the end of the third and they should of kept it that way. The ending is what did it for me. I just hate that hybrid. What were they thinking? I still like the film. It's good pop corn fun but it's in no way on par with the first three.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 11:46:05 PM by Tucumcari_Bound » Logged

KevinJCBJK
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 11:55:12 PM »

I think Alien and Aliens were classics. Alien is probably one of the scariest films of all time, definetly the most terrifying of all sci-fi films.  I loved the tagline "In space, no one can hear you scream"

Aliens was much more adventurous than Ridley Scott's film, and James Cameron has done a great job with it, it had more action, more aliens (just when one was enough) and it was still scary.

Alien 3 I don't remember seeing, but I don't remember liking it. I heard the little girl and the other guy died, and that pissed off a lot of fans. I heard that many of them don't consider it canon. But if there is a better version out there I would watch it.

Alien Ressurection, never seen it, not sure if I want to.

Predator: Amazing film, I loved it when I was a young boy, it had guns, explosions, and gore. Plus Arnold was my hero back then.

Predator 2: I remember it being good, one part that stands out was at the end when Danny Glover kills the Predator and the rest arrived and he was all bloody and beaten up and said "Okay, who's next?"  Grin

AVP: Sucked. My dad and I went to see it and we had no idea it was PG-13. We learned our lesson that day.

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2007, 12:02:51 AM »

I think Alien and Aliens were classics. Alien is probably one of the scariest films of all time, definetly the most terrifying of all sci-fi films.  I loved the tagline "In space, no one can hear you scream"

Aliens was much more adventurous than Ridley Scott's film, and James Cameron has done a great job with it, it had more action, more aliens (just when one was enough) and it was still scary.

Alien 3 I don't remember seeing, but I don't remember liking it. I heard the little girl and the other guy died, and that pissed off a lot of fans. I heard that many of them don't consider it canon. But if there is a better version out there I would watch it.

Alien Ressurection, never seen it, not sure if I want to.

Predator: Amazing film, I loved it when I was a young boy, it had guns, explosions, and gore. Plus Arnold was my hero back then.

Predator 2: I remember it being good, one part that stands out was at the end when Danny Glover kills the Predator and the rest arrived and he was all bloody and beaten up and said "Okay, who's next?"  Grin

AVP: Sucked. My dad and I went to see it and we had no idea it was PG-13. We learned our lesson that day.

See the Assembly Cut of Alien 3 when you get the chance Kevin! It's a far better film than FOX's theatrical butchered version. I actually still liked the theatrical version. I still seen it's brilliance years ago but then when I seen the Assembly Cut, I was floored. The film is just amazing. I love the brilliant direction by Fincher. His style was perfect for the Alien World.

Predator is a classic. It's one of my favorite films of all time. It's one of the best sci-fi films you will ever see. I personally think the character of Dutch is Arnold's best role. He was just flat out cool as Dutch. One of the baddest characters ever to grace the silver screen. The whole cast was great for that matter. The late Kevin Peter Hall was absolutely magnificent as The Predator. His slick, athletic movments are something to remember. There will never be another Predator like Kevin. May he Rest in Peace!

Predator 2 was a worthy sequel in my opinion. Maybe to action heavy for my taste but it had it's brilliant sequences. I love how they added on to the Predator character a bit more. He was more ruthless than the previous film. Again, Kevin Peter Hall was absolutely amazing as the Predator. The ending of this film is highly memorable in the Predator ship. That alone makes this film a keeper.

BeauButabi
Gunslinger

Hail to the king, baby!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2007, 12:21:08 AM »

I think people don't like Alien 3 mostly for the direction they were going with the series. If Alien was horror and Aliens action, then Alien 3 was drama. With the dark brooding tone, it only fit that everyone had to die. Newt and Hicks being killed off in the first minutes definately pissed people off, and apparently James Cameron the most. But i think it was very essential, just to make Ripley alone again. Ripley was traumatized by the events of the first film, finds out her only child died after being un-frozen in the second and is forced to face her demons and fight the aliens if she is to fit back into society. But she succeeds and creates new friends, just to wake up from cryo-sleep again to find herself alone once more and still has to fight her demons. The only way she can kill off the aliens once and for all is to sacrifice herself. In the end Ripley's saga is a great tragedy. I can totally understand the masses not liking that, but I've always found something beautiful in tragedy that Alien 3 and it's amazing score, as Tucumcari_Bound mentioned, brings to the screen most powerfully. I've always recognized this about Alien 3, and the assembly cut shows that there was a well-made film in there too. I'm not kidding, if you've always hated Alien 3, watch the assembly cut on the SE DVD. It won't change your opinion if you didn't like where they were going with the series, but you'll see that it is a much more coherent and fluid film.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 12:47:28 AM by BeauButabi » Logged

"Who the hell are you anyways, Smith?"
"I'm a British nanny, and I'm dangerous."
- Shoot 'Em Up (2007)
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2007, 12:39:38 AM »

I think people don't like Alien 3 mostly for the direction they were going with the series. If Alien was horror and Aliens action, then Alien 3 was drama. With the dark brooding tone, it only fit that everyone had to die. Newt and Hicks being killed off in the first minutes definately pissed people off, and apparently James Cameron the most. But i think it was very essential, just to make Ripley alone again. Ripley was traumatized by the events of the first film, finds out her only child died after being un-frozen in the second and is forced to face her demons again and fight the aliens. But she succeeds and creates new friends, just to wake up from cryo-sleep once again to find herself alone again and still has to fight her demons. The only way she can kill off the aliens once and for all is to sacrifice herself. In the end Ripley's saga is a great tragedy. I can totally understand the masses not liking that, but I've always found something beautiful in tragedy that Alien 3 and it's amazing score, as Tucumcari_Bound mentioned, brings to the screen most powerfully. I've always recognized this about Alien 3, and the assembly cut shows that there was a well-made film in there too. I'm not kidding, if you've always hated Alien 3, watch the assembly cut on the SE DVD. It won't change your opinion if you didn't like where they were going with the series, but you'll see that it is a much more coherent and fluid film.

Well said BeauButabi. If people didn't like it upon first viewing I think they should view the Assembly Cut this time around. The big problem with the film as you said is that the killed off Hicks and Newt but I think it was important to do so. It fit Ripley's world perfectly. Besides, I don't think it would have been proper for the character of Newt to be running around in a prison full of guy's. It just wouldn't seem to fit.

I've always loved that film and I will continue to. Everytime I view it I love it even more than I ever did. It should have been the ending of the series, or at least Ripley's story.

KevinJCBJK
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2007, 01:26:14 AM »

I'll be sure to get the SE version...I don't even remember much of 3.

What was Ressurection about?

Mw/NNrules
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2007, 09:17:14 AM »

I totally disagree with you about Alien 3 Mw/NNrules. Have you seen the Assembly Extended Cut?
No.
I totally disagree with you about Alien 3 Mw/NNrules. Have you seen the Assembly Extended Cut? It's a flat out MASTERPICE. It fills in all the plot holes that were missing from the theatrical version. This version is the closest to David Fincher's vision.

A lot of people put down ALIEN3 for the simple fact that it followed ALIENS as wasn't as action heavy as that film. It went back to more of the horror and suspence of the original Alien film and it succeeded. I personally think Alien 3 holds the best ending and score of the series. Alien, Aliens, and Alien3 are all MASTERPIECES. They should have stopped there. Alien Resurrection, although a solid sci-fi film all in itself, it doesn't hold a candle to the previous three. They should have stopped and made it a trilogy. It would have been one of the best ever.

I dunno how you can put down the original Predator. It's a full blown sci-fi classic and it still holds up today to any sci-fi film being made. It's just a classic, period. Arnold has never been cooler and there hasn't been such a cool cast of characters assembled in years since. Predator 2 although not as good as the first, wasn't that bad. It adds more to the Predator character and the ending is pretty great.
I'm not putting it down, I just don't like it as much.

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2007, 10:49:16 AM »

No.I'm not putting it down, I just don't like it as much.

That's fair enough. I was just stating how much I loved it. haha I love talking about that film.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM