Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 02:05:28 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Trivia Games (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  If YOU make a spaghetti western...
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If YOU make a spaghetti western...  (Read 8099 times)
Jill
Bounty Killer

This time I did

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2007, 09:03:10 AM »

What would be your dream cast? (not only the main characters, you can write supporting cast too)
What would be the story?

Wink

I have a lots of ideas...

"Does this unit have a soul?"
moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 09:28:06 AM »

I think this kinda answers the casting question: http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=5723.0

Christopher Lee would be very cool. And I've got an idea of Kevin Kostner hanging at an end of a rope...

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
Jill
Bounty Killer

This time I did

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 09:36:15 AM »

Oh, yes, it egsists soon. Sorry. I was remembering something...

edit:

(But this is not only today - you can dream about everything, also not only about living actors...)

« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 09:39:01 AM by Jill » Logged

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 10:21:05 AM »

also not only about living actors...

What about actors who never existed? Grin

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
Jill
Bounty Killer

This time I did

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 11:02:01 AM »

What about actors who never existed? Grin

I meant actors who are soon dead...  Embarrassed

One of my great  Grin ideas:

The anti-hero, a young, blonde man is blinded and left in the desert by the bad guys. He comes into a small Mexican town, and here a widow takes care of him. He wears a black silk scarf on his eyes... They fell in love, but he is very busy - he learns shootin' again, and he waits for the villains. He knows they will come, because they must heard he's alive and they want him dead. A lots of "miracles" happens - when the hero arrives in the town, all clockes stp in that moment, and later falls snow - in Mexico! (Okay, I love magic realism and I think it would work.) There is something strange around him. He's like a ghost, but he isn't - just dead inside. All what he wants is revenge. And when the bad guys come in a cold, snowly day, the bloody climax begins...

Hero should be (perhaps) Fabio Testi
Main villain should be Klaus Kinski (because the charakter is a german, but he lies he's a mexican...)
Woman should be Nicoletta Machiavelli http://spaghettiwesterns.1g.fi/actors/actresses/nicoletta/machiavelli.htm
Bad guys band should include Mario Brega, Aldo Sambrell, Spartaco Conversi, Nazzareno Natale and Jose Canalejas (but they should be 11)

The title is: Thirteen coffins

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 12:01:15 PM »

My story's here:

http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=4016.0

I think the title really would be Faith Can Move Mountains, because I like that one a lot (thanks, Peacemaker.)

I'm not sure about the actors yet. I think young Libuše Šafránková (a Czech actress) would have been great as Vera, a Russian girl in flashbacks. She had just the right feel for it, she could have her own mind (as I think that girl had), but she could be just beautiful and charming... and she's Slavic. Grin
http://www.volny.cz/czfilm04/Foto/Tri%20orisky%20pro%20Popelku%2002.jpg
http://filmovezvuky.fdb.cz/tri-orisky-pro-popelku/

As for the others... Someone like Franco Nero might be good for Vlad, but I imagine Vlad with darker hair and dark eyes. That's why I wrote that thing about actors who never existed. Though, I know, such things like hair dye and coloured lens exist, of course. Grin

I think Gian Maria Volonte would be awesome as Boris, the main villain. If he could speak Russian. Wink (Same goes for Franco Nero as Vlad, of course.) And he should wear a moustache. If not Volonte, than someone just as charismatic as him, like Petr Štěpánek, who dubbed Indio in Czech. He might be very good for it, actually... seeming to be nice at first...
I can't find a good image of him younger than now. Angry So here's the only one I found:
http://home.zcu.cz/~jberus/zlatovlaska.jpg

Faith... well, that's tough. He should be young. But he shouldn't look like the typical handsome young gringo that much. Just a nice looking guy. Darkhaired with blue eyes. You see, I have quite good visual images of the characters and cannot get an actor to fit...
Ha! I found one who looks good on Shobary's. But I don't know if he would be good actor, because I don't know him...
Andrea Giordana: http://spaghettiwesterns.1g.fi/actors/andrea/giordana.htm
Though maybe he could be a bit thinner in face to suit my image better. So, taking Shobary's as a help, something between him and Robin Clarke (Death Sentence). Grin

And I just got an awesome idea... Louis de Funés as old Monty! Oh, that would be so much fun... he just would have to be told his character isn't only funny... Or maybe Gabrielle Ferzetti, because he was so great as Morton and Monty has something in common with him.

And... oh... Jason Robarts as Faith's old friend Stan! He would be just perfect for him! At least I think so. Grin

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 12:10:42 PM »

I have another idea, though as it is, it probably wouldn't be a SW, just a stylish western. And the style would have to be different. Because I have the idea of putting one Czech western book into a film... actually, two films, because there are two stories in the book. It takes place during the Sioux wars. And it's based on true stories, one of them probably closer to what really happened than the other, though I like the other a slight bit more.

But I really don't know about the dream cast for that. I'm just mentioning it in case later I would get an idea.

Jill
Bounty Killer

This time I did

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 01:14:19 PM »

Let's make the western alive again (isn't it called Necromancy?) Grin

Volonté as Russian bad guy, ohhhh my god...  Kiss Kiss :-*he would be wonderful...

Another idea (I'm writing these as novels/small novels)

Hot mexican summer... in a small town. It's Sunday afternoon. In the church an old monk is playing the organ. Suddenly, two men (young and very handsome mexicans) enter the church, on two doors... and it seems they want to duel in the house of God. Old monk is afraid. He knows one of the men, the younger, he's a famous bandit. The elder is unknown for him, but the two men are alike...
A woman, Catalina (a widow, the bandit's mistress, known for the monk) runs into the church, begging them to don't do it. But the hate is too strong...
Catalina shouts them that their mother would curse them if she would seen this... (so we understand that they are brothers)
The stranger says to the monk:
'Play us something, old man...'
The monk begins to play on the organ...
Here comes a lots of flashbacks about the past. Once, when they were children, they loved each other... (we see an episode from their childhood what shows this) their father was a rich man, but he played too much and had no fortune, so he lost all and finally killed himself. The boys became bandits, later the elder, Federico joined to the Revolution. Claudio, the younger, said he's an idealist - he himself didn't care the Revolution, he only wanted money and women...
Catalina was Federico's fiancée, but when they became poor, she was forced to another man. Her husband died early and she became a whore. Claudio remained a bandit, and finally Catalina and he became lovers.
Federico comes to his brother, he wants to assure him to join the Revolution, but Claudio refuses. He says Huerta pays better than Zapata...
Anger grows in both of them...
It goes worse and worse, every time they see each other.
Catalina wants to make peace. He goes to Federico, who says it's too late now. When she returns, Claudio gets angry and he's jealous.
'You still love him and not me' he says.
He doens't believe Catalina... send her back to his brother with the message that they should meet Sunday afternoon in the church... and finish it.
So, the flashbacks end, they stand here... and the organ music (something Bach-like) is close to the ending...
Catalina, who watches them, cries, but she can't do anything.
Before the music ends, Claudio draws his gun, but Federico is faster... Claudio falls to the earth... (but he has still his gun in the hand)
Federico throws his gun away, and runs to him...
F: I never wanted this. Never...
C (smiles) I love you. (points the gun to him)
F (whispers) Do it. For God's sake. Do it.
C. shoots him...
And then they die...  Cry

Who would play the two brothers? That's not a question! There is only one answer...  Grin You know it.
Catalina should be some beautiful mexican-like actress... Balck-haired, dark-eyed...

« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 01:18:03 PM by Jill » Logged

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 01:25:42 PM »

Volonté as Russian bad guy, ohhhh my god...  Kiss Kiss :-*he would be wonderful...

Ha-ha. If you were Vera, it would all end up completelly different. Grin

Jill
Bounty Killer

This time I did

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2007, 01:31:15 PM »

Then Vera would love Boris?  Grin But poor Boris needs to die...  Wink

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2007, 01:40:57 PM »

Then Vera would love Boris?  Grin But poor Boris needs to die...  Wink

FULL OF SPOILERS!!! FULL OF SPOILERS!!! FULL OF SPOILERS!!! FULL OF SPOILERS!!!

Yeah, she would love him and that would be what he wants, so it would probably be Vlad who would end up as the villain, hunting them down... Roll Eyes no, stop! - I think he wouldn't do that, he would just regret it till the end of his life and he would lose even more ideals, so it would be much more difficult for Faith to bring some of them back - or, actually, if Vera loved Boris, he would have no reason to hate Vlad, so Vlad would have no reason to team up with Faith and poor Faith would actually never become Faith and stayed Thomas Montgomery till the end of his life, which would come very soon, because Vlad would kill him and then get or maybe not get money from old Monty... so it would be old Monty who wins in the end and it would be a total crap. Tongue

That was a great long sentence, wasn't it? Grin

Jill
Bounty Killer

This time I did

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2007, 01:53:32 PM »

And what you mean about the tale of the brothers? Do you know who the actors sholud been? (If they lived, of course...)

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2007, 01:59:06 PM »

And what you mean about the tale of the brothers? Do you know who the actors sholud been? (If they lived, of course...)

Well, I guess one would have the inicials of G.M.V. ... Roll Eyes

Jill
Bounty Killer

This time I did

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2007, 02:01:47 PM »

Yeeesss my precioussss. He would be Federico. And you can think who would play his little brother.  Wink

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2007, 02:02:47 PM »

Yeeesss my precioussss. He would be Federico. And you can think who would play his little brother.  Wink

Looking at your signature... and remembering one picture on dA... T.M.?

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM