Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 04:28:23 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Arena
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Arena  (Read 1667 times)
Sid the Pig
Road Apple

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2003, 05:07:28 PM »

I noticed a few comparisons when watching the ends of both Fistful of Dollars and a Few Dollars More.
Aside from the obvious one of the final shoot out bring between Eastwood and Gian Maria Volonté, the finale seems to be in an arena.
The circle seems to me to be a Roman influence, and Sergio is as we know a boy from Rome.
I wondered if anyone else has any thoughts on this "gladiatorial" bent in the Dollars movies.
I would also like to compliment the contributors to this board for their intelect and enormous knowledge of their subjects.
This is the most enjoyable group I have been involved with, well done to you all.

People scare better when they're dyin'.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2003, 04:48:35 AM »

Thanks Sid and welcome.

The Corrida/Arena definitely has Roman gladatorial overtones and also of the bull ring which is a direct decendent of the Arenas built by the Romans throughout their old empire.

It was a great touch and break from the western cliche' shootout in the street though AFOD was in the street, lol.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
KERMIT
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2003, 10:24:43 AM »

in fdm the arena is quite smaller than
GB&U's arena. GB&U arena has grown so big in comparison with it's predecessor, fdm, it made me wonder . the distance between these three guys is so far apart and that it accentuates just how good a shot they all are.  arena good subject to jump on. thx, & welcome sid the pig.  Grin

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM