Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 04:19:04 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Lord of the Rings
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Poll
Question: Which Chapter do you prefer?
The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)   -7 (46.7%)
The Two Towers (2002)   -4 (26.7%)
The Return of the King (2003)   -4 (26.7%)
Total Voters: 13

Author Topic: The Lord of the Rings  (Read 9846 times)
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2007, 05:19:19 PM »

I know some of you think these films are overrated, and I highly disagree with you, but if you had to pick, which film is your favorite?

I personally love "THE TWO TOWERS" more than the other two. I'm a huge fan of EPIC films, and these films define the term EPIC in my opinion.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 05:22:18 PM »

I've only seen the first two, and FOTR is the best by far.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Atlas2112
Bounty Killer

formerly Gay Patrick Stewart

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 05:25:01 PM »

ROTK; i just LOVE Aragorns final speech before they charge into Morodor

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 05:31:30 PM »

Return of the King

But the movies are overrated.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 05:34:18 PM »

Return of the King

But the movies are overrated.

You're overrated Silenzio.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 05:41:32 PM »

Two Towers because the first didn't intrest me enough and the third one had way way too many endings.And i also think its overrated as told by Randal:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=b0sc-gS9AqM

Mw/NNrules
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 05:50:32 PM »

I voted for the first. My next is the third. Anyone got any problems with that? Angry.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 05:57:20 PM »

I voted for the first. My next is the third. Anyone got any problems with that? Angry.

Yes, cuz the second is the best.  Wink

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 05:57:48 PM »

Two Towers because the first didn't intrest me enough and the third one had way way too many endings.And i also think its overrated as told by Randal:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=b0sc-gS9AqM

VOTE FOR IT then kurug3n!

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2007, 11:17:39 PM »

Easily the first.
It was best of the three.

TT was excellent in the theatre but brings little to the small screen.

ROTK was one of the most boring films I have ever seen.

TFOTR deserved the oscars ROTK got.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
BeauButabi
Gunslinger

Hail to the king, baby!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2007, 11:26:31 PM »

Fellowship by a mile. Though I still love the other two aswell. I was 100% oblivious to anything about LotR back when the first one was released, and when I saw it, it blew me away. So in a way I'm a little biased since I loved the first one so much back then that I hold some sentementality towards it. Two Towers actually dissapointed me when I first saw it. The first movie is really pretty different than the second and third when it comes to structure. Though I got used to the differences enough by the time Return came out that I loved it. I think it's the most pefect final chapter to a trilogy ever made. People complain about the "multiple endings" and I've never understood that. LotR is really just one big long 12-hour film. You want it to wrap everything up in just a few minutes? WTF?

Also, that whole thing that's become the "Randal Rant" (though I've heard people say and act out everything Randal said and did long before Clerks 2 was even filming), I say those people have no business seeing a movie like LotR. Go see a comedy starring a washed up SNL alumnus or something.

"Who the hell are you anyways, Smith?"
"I'm a British nanny, and I'm dangerous."
- Shoot 'Em Up (2007)
Jill
Bounty Killer

This time I did

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2007, 02:52:53 AM »

I'm the fan of the book, also I find a lots of mistakes in the movies. But FotR had a pretty feeling, and it had Sean Bean. Boromir is the best Man in this...  Cry

TTT was ok, but i HATE RotK. The only thing I loved in it is Ride of the Rohirrim, but they ruined one of my favourite character, Denethor... He was TOTALLY miscast.  Angry And where was that proud, awesome, but respectable man who he was in book?!
And in book, RotK was my favourite...

"Does this unit have a soul?"
moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2007, 08:37:41 AM »

I think I should say I have a deep love for these films, since I at least had and kinda still have but I've watched them just too many times. I honestly can't watch them anymore, and IMO that is a pity. I mean, I watched the first and the second part waaaayy too many times, at least once a week over a year. These are the films that made me a filmbuff and made want to become a director. Maybe after lets say five years I can enjoy watching them again.

I voted for the first one because it works best on it's own of the three. But the third one is the only one that has made me cry every time, and I mean every ****ing time!

These films are one of the classics of their time and will remain like the original Star Wars trilogy (even if FC doesn't agree).

I like the book very much. I've read it two and half times now. I really can't read many of the fantasy novels written after LOTR because most of them are too direct copycats (I've read Terry Pratchett and Harry Potters, though).

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2007, 08:44:05 AM »

I think I should say I have a deep love for these films, since I at least had and kinda still have but I've watched them just too many times. I honestly can't watch them anymore, and IMO that is a pity. I mean, I watched the first and the second part waaaayy too many times, at least once a week over a year. These are the films that made me a filmbuff and made want to become a director. Maybe after lets say five years I can enjoy watching them again.

I voted for the first one because it works best on it's own of the three. But the third one is the only one that has made me cry every time, and I mean every ****ing time!

These films are one of the classics of their time and will remain like the original Star Wars trilogy (even if FC doesn't agree).

I like the book very much. I've read it two and half times now. I really can't read many of the fantasy novels written after LOTR because most of them are too direct copycats (I've read Terry Pratchett and Harry Potters, though).

Oh these are definitely up there with the original Star Wars Trilogy. It has everything you'd want in an EPIC Fantasy Trilogy and much, much more. I personally think these get better with each viewing.

Mw/NNrules
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 12:53:24 PM »

They're all strictly 7/10 from me. This may change on repeated viewings.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM