Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 04:16:19 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  A Fistful of Dollars (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Adorf for Volonté
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adorf for Volonté  (Read 9727 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2007, 01:48:35 PM »

A pair of weeks ago some original documents regarding the movie were published on a newspaper. In one of them was given the cast as projected originally. There was Coburn for Eastwood and Mario Adorf for Volonté.
I think he would have been an excellent Ramon, wouldn't he? 

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 03:44:41 PM »

A pair of weeks ago some original documents regarding the movie were published on a newspaper. In one of them was given the cast as projected originally. There was Coburn for Eastwood and Mario Adorf for Volonté.

I agree with you. Adorf could have made an excellent Ramon. Wait until Jill reads this. She will lose her mind!

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 05:46:46 PM »

I quite like Mario Adorf. Don't think he would have done as good a job as GMV, though. I know he was also slated for Mapache in "The Wild Bunch", but who would he have been in "The Godfather"?

Saturday nights with Groggy
Jill
Bounty Killer

This time I did

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 05:49:40 AM »

Mario Adorf? He is a great actor, I like him, and he was excellent in The Tin Drum, but as a Mexican?  Shocked He's sooooo German.

No, it's better with my precioussss  Grin *hugs GMV* Azn Evil

They say Adorf would not play Mapache because he's a sadist and he didn't wanted to do the scene when Mapache kills poor Angel. Then Adorf saw TWB, and he said something like this: "I should have accepted it"  Tongue But I think Emilio Fernandez IS Mapache.

I heard they wanted Coburn for MWNN. I wonder how he would played it. I'm sure he would be excellent, but the charakter would be totally different  Wink
I would like to see Coburn and LVC united...

"Does this unit have a soul?"
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 03:46:14 PM »

who would he have been in "The Godfather"?

The role gone to Al Lettieri, I guess.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 08:37:41 PM »

Don't forget Major Dundee. He played a Mexican/Hispanic in that. He's actually Swiss, German-Italian, and he looks it.

Saturday nights with Groggy
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 11:23:40 AM »

And let's not forget that Esteban is played by the very mexican looking austrian actor Sieghardt Rupp.
But I think that while it is questionable if he could have been better or even equalled Volonté, I have no doubt he would have been better than Lettieri, who's not memorable in that movie (better in The Getaway).

« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 11:24:48 AM by titoli » Logged

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 07:15:21 PM »

Maybe lose some weight before the role.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Ben Tyreen
Bounty Killer

Well, Major, I shall see you in Texas!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 11:30:10 AM »

I heard they wanted Coburn for MWNN. I wonder how he would played it. I'm sure he would be excellent, but the charakter would be totally different 
I would like to see Coburn and LVC united...

It certainly would have been interesting to see, and even though I love Coburn, I'll stick with Clint.  But for Coburn playing the MWNN, I'd imagine it like an amped up version of Britt in The Magnificent Seven.  Cool, quiet, and let's his gun and/or knife do the talking.

Nobody throws me my own guns and says run...nobody.
Faisalha9159
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 04:08:16 PM »

Coburn was great. Would have been interesting definately to see the kind of Joe he would have played- but I would still say that in the end Eastwood was awesome. Its a shame Coburn didn`t make that many Westerns....my dad incidently used to know him years ago- they went clubbing together in London- Mr. Coburn is meant to be a cool guy in real life too.

Ben Tyreen
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2007, 05:45:48 PM »

Coburn was great. Would have been interesting definately to see the kind of Joe he would have played- but I would still say that in the end Eastwood was awesome. Its a shame Coburn didn`t make that many Westerns....my dad incidently used to know him years ago- they went clubbing together in London- Mr. Coburn is meant to be a cool guy in real life too.

That's really cool, faisal!  Did you ever get to meet Coburn?

Here's one of my favorite Coburn "moments," him on the cover of the Wings album "Band on the Run." 

Jill
Bounty Killer

This time I did

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2007, 03:36:00 AM »

Coburn is the Man. He was born to be a Western hero...  Afro And to be the hero of Sergio and Sam.

"Does this unit have a soul?"
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2007, 01:14:43 PM »

Still, as much as I love him, I think his face, especially without the moustaches, was too hard-edged for the role. Eastwood's leaves room for more credibility when he has to show his (few) weak spots. The fact that Leone hired him subsequently, when he could have afforded Coburn, leaves no doubt about the fact that he was meant for the role, though both him and Leone didn't know it at the time of FOD.

Faisalha9159
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2007, 06:51:46 PM »

That's really cool, faisal!  Did you ever get to meet Coburn?

Here's one of my favorite Coburn "moments," him on the cover of the Wings album "Band on the Run." 

No sorry Ben I never got to meet Mr. Coburn. I think my dad and he knew each other way before I was born....maybe in the mid sixties to late sixties although I am not sure but I will definately ask my dad.

Ben Tyreen
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2007, 07:18:16 PM »

No sorry Ben I never got to meet Mr. Coburn. I think my dad and he knew each other way before I was born....maybe in the mid sixties to late sixties although I am not sure but I will definately ask my dad.

That's still really cool, my friend.  I hope your dad took a picture at some point of the two of them hamming it up at a bar somewhere. Grin  What a cool keepsake that would be!

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM