Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 01:13:48 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  'Nam Movies
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'Nam Movies  (Read 5366 times)
Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2007, 09:38:52 PM »

Obviously The Deer Hunter is probably my favorite vietnam but after this guys theory:http://imdb.com/title/tt0093058/board/flat/49037017
on Full Metal Jacket its a tie.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2007, 11:18:11 PM »

Great picks TB, but I have to part ways when it comes to "We Were Soldiers".
I'm typically not a harsh critic when it comes to films in general. I can
accept them for what they are, good or bad. But when I watched this film
I felt myself cringing every time I heard the cliche' dialogue and watched the sub-par
acting of Mel Gibson et al.       2/10

That's to bad geoman. I really enjoy WE WERE SOLDIERS. I can see why you wouldn't like some of the diologue used but it didn't bother me as much as you. I think here, we see some of the most realistic battle sequences ever put on film. They were extremely well done.

Also, I really felt for these characters. Some films you just don't get that vibe, but I really felt like I knew some of them, and you cared when something happened to them.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
KevinJCBJK
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2007, 12:23:43 AM »

That's to bad geoman. I really enjoy WE WERE SOLDIERS. I can see why you wouldn't like some of the diologue used but it didn't bother me as much as you. I think here, we see some of the most realistic battle sequences ever put on film. They were extremely well done.

Also, I really felt for these characters. Some films you just don't get that vibe, but I really felt like I knew some of them, and you cared when something happened to them.

You also get some respect for the NVA, you see the CO giving out orders, and he is shown to admit that he has met his match and in the end he had to withdrawl. Little attention is given for NVA officer's respect for American officers.

And I too felt for those guys, and it was nice to watch how these guys fought for each other. It's not a patriotic film, just about a bunch of guys fighting to stay alive and their families coping with it.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM