Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 26, 2018, 02:11:32 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Western Films in the past 15 years
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 2 [3]
: What's the best?
Unforgiven (1992)   -8 (47.1%)
Tombstone (1993)   -1 (5.9%)
Wyatt Earp (1994)   -0 (0%)
The Quick and the Dead (1995)   -1 (5.9%)
Dead Man (1995)   -1 (5.9%)
Open Range (2003)   -1 (5.9%)
The Missing (2003)   -0 (0%)
The Proposition (2005)   -0 (0%)
Broken Trail (2006)   -0 (0%)
Seraphim Falls (2006)   -0 (0%)
3:10 to Yuma (2007)   -5 (29.4%)
Posse (1993)   -0 (0%)
: 14

: Western Films in the past 15 years  ( 10608 )
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #30 : September 20, 2007, 01:00:43 PM »

I haven't actually seen Posse, but have been meaning to. Is it worth a look Firecracker?

To be honest, I haven't seen it.
I saw it at my local rental store and will be checking it out soon.
The reason I asked for you to add it was because the general concensus of the film was mostly positive (all the reviews I've seen say it's a "good movie").

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #31 : September 20, 2007, 01:05:40 PM »

To be honest, I haven't seen it.
I saw it at my local rental store and will be checking it out soon.
The reason I asked for you to add it was because the general concensus of the film was mostly positive (all the reviews I've seen say it's a "good movie").

Yeah, it deserves to be on the list. It is a western. Thanks for telling me. It completely slipped my mind.

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
T.H.
Bounty Killer

« #32 : September 20, 2007, 04:28:46 PM »

Dead Man, closely followed by Unforgiven, with The Proposition at a distant third. I still haven't seen the new 3:10, so I have no idea where that would rank obviously. As far as Dead Man, it's a great story of a hapless schmuck who only becomes free when becoming an accidental outlaw. I think it has a lot of heart, but I understand that a Jarmusch feel good story with an eerie, haunting score by NY (polarizing to some) isn't going to go over too well with the masses.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre..
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #33 : September 20, 2007, 05:43:45 PM »

Dead Man, closely followed by Unforgiven, with The Proposition at a distant third. I still haven't seen the new 3:10, so I have no idea where that would rank obviously. As far as Dead Man, it's a great story of a hapless schmuck who only becomes free when becoming an accidental outlaw. I think it has a lot of heart, but I understand that a Jarmusch feel good story with an eerie, haunting score by NY (polarizing to some) isn't going to go over too well with the masses.

I think DEAD MAN is brilliant Tuco! I love the beautiful black and white photography and I also think it's Jarmusch's masterpiece. Johnny Depp is outstanding here. He proved to me he'd be a great western film actor with this performance.

I love Niel Young's score. It set the tone and mood of the film which was needed. It captures the atmosphere wonderfully.

You also gotta love Robert Mitchum's cameo. He is absolutely hilarious. And he being one of my favorite actor's of all time, I was loving it the first time I viewed this.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #34 : September 20, 2007, 08:23:00 PM »

Yeah, it deserves to be on the list. It is a western. Thanks for telling me. It completely slipped my mind.

I was at the rental store and had POSSE in my hand but decided to check out "2001 Maniacs" instead.

Forgive me :(

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #35 : September 20, 2007, 08:28:51 PM »

I was at the rental store and had POSSE in my hand but decided to check out "2001 Maniacs" instead.

Forgive me :(

Oh, it's no problem buddy! I actually ordered Posse today after we talked about it. I've been dying to see it. I hear it's a very stylistic western that homages the spaghetti western. Also, Woody Strode makes an appearence just like he did in THE QUICK AND THE DEAD which I love! I can't wait to see it.

Ben Tyreen
Bounty Killer

Well, Major, I shall see you in Texas!

« #36 : September 29, 2007, 10:34:27 AM »

3:10 to Yuma for me.  I saw it for a second time this week and liked it even more this time around.  Followed closely by Tombstone and Open Range.

Nobody throws me my own guns and says run...nobody.
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #37 : September 29, 2007, 11:23:44 AM »

3:10 to Yuma for me.  I saw it for a second time this week and liked it even more this time around.  Followed closely by Tombstone and Open Range.

Good man! It is even better the second time. I agree with you there. The film is well done, and I commend James Mangold who is turning into one of my favorite director's. I've loved his work thus far.

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

« #38 : September 30, 2007, 07:30:50 AM »

the one with batman

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #39 : September 30, 2007, 08:36:55 AM »

the one with batman

hahaha. Well, looks like Batman lost a leg.

Ben Tyreen
Bounty Killer

Well, Major, I shall see you in Texas!

« #40 : October 01, 2007, 11:16:12 AM »

hahaha. Well, looks like Batman lost a leg.

But is still able to run pretty well on rooftops even while being shot at... ;)

Nobody throws me my own guns and says run...nobody.
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #41 : October 01, 2007, 11:29:31 AM »

But is still able to run pretty well on rooftops even while being shot at... ;)

haha true. That training oversea's helped a lot.  ;)

: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines