Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 01:30:59 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  I think Frank wasn't pure evil...
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I think Frank wasn't pure evil...  (Read 6071 times)
Jill
Bounty Killer

This time I did

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2007, 11:15:54 AM »

He is a cold-blooded killer, of course.  Afro And a sadistic SOB.

But he didn't killed Jill, when he could have done it. Why? I don't think only because she was good in the bed. Frank had met hundreds of women, and he's not a greenhorn.
He even said he could marry Jill and then the money will be his. And she would be "a perfect wife", but he knows it's impossible because he would be a bad husband.
I think he too has a dream for a better life, but he knows he killed too many people and he could nevermore live as a normal citizen. Not because the law - he hadn't problems with lawmen - because his soul. He isn't able to live like others. But he dreams about it. Just for one moment, he imagines it - a beautiful wife, nice children, and no more killing. Even men like him can be tired.
But then came his Fate, also Harmonica... and we know what happened.

"Does this unit have a soul?"
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 12:46:35 PM »

I disagree with you Jill. Frank was arguably the most sadistic, cold blooded villains you will ever see. He killed a little boy in cold blood for god sakes, after killing his family no less. He didn't care about anybody but himself. If it was to help him in some way, he'd commit murder in getting it. He didn't kill Jill because he thought he could use her in business which back fired at the auction. Just watch him as Jill walks up to take a bath. Look at those blue eyes looking at her. You think he's thinking nice things about her? No, he's thinking he should have killed her when he had the chance.

There is no good in Frank. Don't be fooled by Mr. Fonda's charm and looks Jill. The character he played was down right rotten. There was no good in him whatsoever.

I just think you have an obsession with villains Jill and sit around trying to find the good in them. That's a nice thing to do, but you wouldn't want to be around these characters, especially if you have something they want. You can just kiss your ass goodbye if that was the case. Wink

« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 12:48:33 PM by Tucumcari_Bound » Logged

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 01:23:05 PM »

Yeah, just think of little Timmy's freckles gettin' blown off in Almeria !!!

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 01:30:17 PM »

Yeah, just think of little Timmy's freckles gettin' blown off in Almeria !!!

Yup. Anybody sick enough to blow a little boy away like that is pretty damn evil.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Tuco the ugly
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 01:57:00 PM »

Good one Jillie-girl! 

Timmy-boy asked me to tell you that he's fine, a little cold, but he's got Frank's bullets to keep him warm. In case you're worried.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 02:02:24 PM by Tuco the ugly » Logged
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 03:05:18 PM »

Good one Jillie-girl! 

Timmy-boy asked me to tell you that he's fine, a little cold, but he's got Frank's bullets to keep him warm. In case you're worried.

Grin

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 04:57:16 PM »

Frank isn't originally from our planet. He's a soulless android placed on Earth to perpetuate an Eternal West so that humankind can never advance technologically enough to challenge the monoliths in orbit around Jupiter. Human children mean nothing to him, they're just bags of fluid you have to step on when they get in your way. Only a man who has risen from the dead can oppose him.....

« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 10:36:56 AM by dave jenkins » Logged

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 07:05:00 AM »

So, is Frank a terminator? Shocked

Saturday nights with Groggy
moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 08:21:51 AM »

So, is Frank a terminator? Shocked
Yep. His model is F-1000.

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
Jill
Bounty Killer

This time I did

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 10:02:27 AM »

Terminator Frank, lol...

I don't said he's good. Of course he's a son of a bitch. But he's man... the ancient race... and not as mean as Morton. That worm.
At least he isn't a coward.

I'm not so obsessed with villains, and Frank is not as sexy as Indio.  Grin Grin Grin
He's really veeery bad.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 10:15:52 AM »

Terminator Frank, lol...

I don't said he's good. Of course he's a son of a bitch. But he's man... the ancient race... and not as mean as Morton. That worm.
At least he isn't a coward.

I'm not so obsessed with villains, and Frank is not as sexy as Indio.  Grin Grin Grin
He's really veeery bad.

Grin

No Jill, Frank is a coward. He is a worm, even more than Morton. Morton didn't order for Frank to perform that massacre. He was even pissed and yelled at Frank for it, if you remember. Morton was a businessman, not a killer. He feared Frank and that's why he paid off his guy to try and get him out of the picture.

Tuco the ugly
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 11:47:41 AM »

Grin

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2007, 12:08:30 PM »

Frank was evil, yes he was. His only redeeming value is a sense of honor and chivalry which leads to the final duel.

Morton was a coward because he gave Frank too long of a leash and then complained when he did stuff that displeased him. Morton disapproved of Frank's methods, but had let him get away with such things in the past and doesn't really punish Frank for the massacre (he only turns on Frank when the latter finally defies him in the open). Morton's a sympathetic character but he's deserving of responsibility for the massacre as much as Frank is. "I didn't order you to do that!" isn't an acceptable defense.

Saturday nights with Groggy
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2007, 12:34:42 PM »

Frank was evil, yes he was. His only redeeming value is a sense of honor and chivalry which leads to the final duel.

Morton was a coward because he gave Frank too long of a leash and then complained when he did stuff that displeased him. Morton disapproved of Frank's methods, but had let him get away with such things in the past and doesn't really punish Frank for the massacre (he only turns on Frank when the latter finally defies him in the open). Morton's a sympathetic character but he's deserving of responsibility for the massacre as much as Frank is. "I didn't order you to do that!" isn't an acceptable defense.

Good points Groggy. I wasn't really defending Morton. He's a slime ball just as much as Frank, but for different reason's. I really believe Frank is evil.

Jill
Bounty Killer

This time I did

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2007, 01:55:50 PM »

Well, I can feel some pity for Morton, especially when he dies. He was not so evil, but weak. And hire Frank's men to shot him in the back isn't a nice thing.

Frank at least had the honor to go into the final duel. He knew how to die like a man. Morton died like a worm. (And he killed my poor Cheyenne.  Cry)

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM