Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 11:15:53 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Tuco's eye patch
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tuco's eye patch  (Read 6303 times)
Sackett
Gunslinger

One revolution is more than enough for me.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2003, 10:13:24 AM »

Its simple, he is going by the name Bill Carson.

CalamityJane
Bandido

"It might interfere with my aim".

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2003, 10:46:06 AM »

Good point, his brother asking for forgiveness from a bandit.  I think that Tuco's brother had a lot of anger built up inside him toward Tuco because of his absence from his family - being a bandit and having a HUUUGE rap sheet.  His brother then released his anger by slapping Tuco, then Tuco hititng him back.  Afterwards, I think Tuco's brother realized that, no matter what kind of person Tuco is - good or bad, he's still his brother and should accept him for who is whether bad or good, you know?

You can see the "soft spot" in Tuco's heart, too, when he and the monk are bringing Blondie in the monastery.  The look on Tuco's face as he sees the wounded being cared for.  He has a face of pity and sorrow.  You can just see it in his eyes, the way he gazes around at everyone there.

General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2003, 12:00:14 PM »

Actually, the most recent DVD with the restored Italian scenes explains the eyepatch.  Tuco & Blondie have to take the confederate wagon through confederate lines to get to Sad Hill.  They reach a checkpoint and are asked for papers (by the old dude who plays the stationmaster in the opening scene of OATITW, btw).  Tuco produces Bill Carson's papers, and scams his way through the checkpoint - he needs the eyepatch in case he runs into a Reb who might vaguely remember Carson,  Bill Carson.  

Add Identity Theft to the list of Tuco's crimes.

Also, the eyepatch has gotta be off while he get's the "good treatment" - Wallace stuck his thumbs in both eyes, didn't he?

And what if your hand should shake a little?  And that Gringo so fast on the draw.
KERMIT
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2003, 12:26:02 PM »

Actually, the most recent DVD with the restored Italian scenes explains the eyepatch.  Tuco & Blondie have to take the confederate wagon through confederate lines to get to Sad Hill.  They reach a checkpoint and are asked for papers (by the old dude who plays the stationmaster in the opening scene of OATITW, btw).  Tuco produces Bill Carson's papers, and scams his way through the checkpoint - he needs the eyepatch in case he runs into a Reb who might vaguely remember Carson,  Bill Carson.  

Add Identity Theft to the list of Tuco's crimes.

Also, the eyepatch has gotta be off while he get's the "good treatment" - Wallace stuck his thumbs in both eyes, didn't he?
new s**t comes to light w/ those DVD missing scenes restored.   tuco's crimes,  part two anyone ?  Grin  ie.
not the hangman's but just stuff he's never caught for
like assuming bill carson's I.D.
telling blondie "it's all over for you now". "it's a good thing you were with me when this happened" (blondie's suntanning)

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM