Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 09:17:35 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Restored version screening in New York on 11/15!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Restored version screening in New York on 11/15!  (Read 2902 times)
Pete_Apruzzese
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2003, 06:43:18 AM »

Hi,

I wanted to let the good members here know of a special theatrical screening of THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY - The Restored Version, this Saturday, November 15, at 11:30am, in Suffern, New York. The screening is part of the ongoing Big Screen Classics series which takes place at the historic Lafayette Theatre in downtown Suffern, a restored 1250-seat vintage 1924 movie palace. The Lafayette is just over the border from New Jersey and is only 40 minutes from New York City

THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY - The Restored Version will be shown in 35mm Techniscope and Dolby Stereo. Showtime is 11:30 am on November 15; doors open at 11 - come early and enjoy Jeff Barker playing the Mighty Wurlitzer for your pre-show enjoyment. Ticket price is $6 for all seats.

More information here: www.bigscreenclassics.com

Hope to see you there!

Pete Apruzzese
Director of Film Programming
Big Screen Classics

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2003, 04:53:53 PM »

Tempting, that is only an hour south of here.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
CalamityJane
Bandido

"It might interfere with my aim".

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2003, 06:34:26 PM »

Unfortunately, I'd have to travel a quite a ways (from NJ), so I wouldn't be able to make it there.  I drive, but my car wouldn't be able to handle the drive - it's in need of work, so I can't go far with it - UGH!  Wish I could.    Sad  I'd be there for sure.  I'd love to see it!  Thanks for the heads up on it.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2003, 06:35:41 PM by CalamityJane » Logged
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2003, 04:55:22 AM »

Hey Calamity,
If you can't drive ride the train. There is a NJ Transit line that goes to Suffern from Hoboken, just get to Hoboken.
 Cool

Its probably cheaper that driving anyway.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2003, 04:56:28 AM by cigar joe » Logged

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
CalamityJane
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2003, 09:01:33 AM »

Thanks for the suggestion.  I live near a train station, but too far from Hoboken - live several miles south of there, but not sure how many.  I'm not far from Asbury Park, but of course, I wouldn't go there to catch a train (if you've been to Asbury lately, you'd know why).  Anyway, I'm jobless right now, so I wouldn't have the money to go - UGH! - certainly not a great time for being jobless with this screening I'd like to see.  Things happen at the wrong times, it seems.  

Pete_Apruzzese
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2003, 07:18:15 AM »

Just a reminder that the show is tomorrow morning at 11:30 am. I hope some of you can make it!

I inspected the print yesterday and it looks wonderful - it will be a treat for anyone who hasn't seen it on the screen previously.

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2003, 12:20:50 PM »

Pete, in Arizona a few months ago, Harkins Theater chain opened a brand new, large theater, based upon the torn-down historical Cine Capri theater in Phoenix (Godfather, Star Wars, etc., played there); I had called them to suggest restored GBU as the opener for the new Cine Capri but they opened with the likely not-immortal Charlie's Angels 2.  Even a dinner cinema declined to try to show it, so as 6th largest city in USA, we haven't had a showing.  I'm jealous, have VHS copy, wish I could get digital DVD copy of 3 hour restored English version.

CalamityJane
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2003, 12:59:01 PM »

I have the VHS version that is a 2-tape set.  I haven't watched it for some time, so I don't remember whether it's the one with all the edited scenes in it or not.  Have to watch it and see.  It was my dad's movie and he's since passed on (Feb.27, '02).  I have alot of great memories of watching GBU and many other Clint Eastwood films with him.  I miss him laughing at Tuco, especially at the end.  I think of my dad every time I watch Clint's movies.  He liked Clint Eastwood and his movies.  Wish he were still here.   Sad

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM