Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 04:07:59 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Upcoming TCM schedule
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Upcoming TCM schedule  (Read 60641 times)
Ben Tyreen
Bounty Killer

Well, Major, I shall see you in Texas!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2007, 11:34:30 AM »

I don't know if there's any Man from Uncle fans here, but TCM is devoting almost a whole day to movies with Napoleon Solo and Ilya Kuryakin tomorrow, Tuesday.  I saw the whole series is going to be released on DVD soon, but I'm going to give the movies a try.  Robert Vaughn and David McCallum together should be pretty cool.

Nobody throws me my own guns and says run...nobody.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2007, 11:50:06 AM »

I thought they only made two?

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Ben Tyreen
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2007, 11:52:23 AM »

I thought they only made two?

I'm not sure to be honest, but the TCM schedule has eight movies in their listing for tomorrow.  Maybe it's two-part episodes cut together to make a feature length?  I know other shows did that.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2007, 12:10:46 PM »

I could be wrong too.

I seem to remember "The Spy with My Face" title but not any of the others, they are all around 90 minutes though so they could have been made for TV.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 01:04:05 PM by cigar joe » Logged

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Noodles_SlowStir
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2007, 07:22:29 PM »

I was searching the December schedule little bit.  Noticed TCM on 12/9 is showing at 12:00 PM Ace In The Hole again.  At midnight the silent film feature is The Iron Horse.  Another day that caught my eye was 12/17 they're running Mann's Man Of The West again at 10:00 PM  followed by Lawman at 12:00 AM.       

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2007, 09:16:49 PM »

I want to see The Iron Horse!

Ben Tyreen
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2007, 11:33:55 AM »

For John Ford fans out there, Two Rode Together will be on TCM December 8 at 2:15 PM eastern time.  It's one of the few Ford non-silent westerns I haven't seen, and I'm looking forward to it! Grin

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2007, 06:16:42 PM »

Thanks remind us again as it gets closer.

Ben Tyreen
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2007, 11:37:07 AM »

Thanks remind us again as it gets closer.

Two Rode Together (1961) 
Two tough westerners bring home a group of settlers who have spent years as Comanche hostages.
Cast: James Stewart, Richard Widmark, Shirley Jones. Dir: John Ford. C-109 mins, TV-PG

Speaking of John Ford movies, The Iron Horse is on Sunday night as their weekly silent feature.

Also, they're showing a trio of really bad horror movies tonight or early Saturday morning depending on how you look at it.  It starts at 2 AM with Attack of the Crab Monsters, followed by a classic, The Killer Shrews at 3:15, and The Green Slime at 4:30.  They're all probably really bad, but in that entertaining, laugh out loud bad way. Grin

« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 12:02:09 PM by Ben Tyreen » Logged

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2007, 04:34:12 PM »

I was scared shitless by "Attack of the Crab Monsters" the island keeps getting smaller & smaller.

Ben Tyreen
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2007, 09:31:29 PM »

Man Of The West (1958)   
A reformed outlaw is among the hostages when his former colleagues rob a train.
Cast: Gary Cooper, Lee J. Cobb, Julie London. Dir: Anthony Mann. C-99 mins, TV-PG Monday at 9 PM central

Lawman (1971)   
A by-the-books sheriff courts disaster when he takes on a corrupt town boss.
Cast: Burt Lancaster, Robert Ryan, Lee J. Cobb. Dir: Michael Winner. C-99 mins, TV-MA  Monday at 11 PM central

Both really good examples of what a dark American western can be.  Highly recommend both of them.

Ben Tyreen
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2007, 10:02:04 AM »

Sorry for the late, really late, warning but TCM has a full lineup of westerns this afternoon beginning with They Came to Cordura (average at best), McLintock, True Grit, and Red River.  Then late Saturday night/early Sunday morning Gunfight at the OK Corral is on.

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2007, 10:21:23 AM »

Red River is a classic, maybe Wayne's best performance.  And his catch of the knife should be on ESPN top ten.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2008, 10:12:11 PM »

Heads-up from CinemaRetro:

Stalwart Cinema Retro scribe Tom Lisanti has just provided a humanitarian gesture for bad movie lovers everywhere with his reminder that Turner Classic Movies (USA) will have a rare showing of Otto Preminger's bizarre 1968 hippie comedy Skidoo at 2:00AM eastern time late Friday night/Saturday morning. This is the Gone With the Wind of terrible movies and one that did irrepairable damage to the once-esteemed director's career. The eclectic cast is a Who's Who of Hollywood royalty- all misused in a mind-boggling comedy about mafia hit men interacting with drug-crazed hippies. Highlights include Jackie Gleason getting stoned on LSD, Groucho Marx in his last feature film as a sex-crazed mafia don known as God, and Carol Channing running amok in a see-through bra (it's even worse than it sounds!) Our own Richard Kiel has a bit role in the film and tells Cinema Retro that when the movie "premiered" in Hollywood, he stopped in to see it and was literally the only person in the theater. Skidoo has never been released on home video and is rarely shown theatrically, so make sure you've got your video recorders set for this historic broadcast. They truly don't make 'em like this anymore!

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2008, 04:41:59 PM »

Tonight 10:15 Eastern

"Tell Them Willie Boy Is Hear" Robert Redford & Robert Blake

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM