Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2017, 07:24:55 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Upcoming TCM schedule
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Upcoming TCM schedule  (Read 62079 times)
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: May 26, 2017, 03:03:07 PM »

At 12:30 a.m. ET Saturday (in 7.5 hours from now), TCM will show ABOVE AND BEYOND (1952), about the pilots who dropped the a-bombs on Japan. Starring Robert Taylor. I saw it a while ago on TCM and liked it very much.  I've never seen discussed on the SLWB and I'm not sure if any of you have seen it. You may want to check it out  Smiley Afro

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 27, 2017, 10:50:42 PM »

Monday is Memorial Day. TCM, as usual, is showing war movies all Memorial Day Weekend.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 02, 2017, 05:09:07 PM »

Sunday July 2, 10:00 p.m. ET (less than three hours from now): Jean Renoir's The Southerner

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 02, 2017, 02:25:15 AM »

It's August, which means TCM's "Summer Under the Stars" programming. Each day of August (beginning and ending at 6:00 a.m.) will feature the movies of a different actor or actress. So, Marilyn Monroe's movies will play from August 1 at 6:00 a.m. until August 2 at 6:00 a.m. Ray Milland's movies will play from August 2 at 6:00 a.m. until August 3 at 6:00 a.m., etc.

Below is a list of each day's star. If you want the movie schedule, go to tcm.com and click on the "schedule" tab, or click here http://www.tcm.com/schedule/?ecid=subnavfulltcmschedule

Happy movieing!  Smiley

August 1 - Marilyn Monroe
2 - Ray Milland
3 - Lon Chaney
4- Claire Trevor
5 - Gene Kelly
6 - Robert Mitchum
7 - Eleanot Parker
8 - Franchot Tone
9 - Sandra Dee
10 - Sidney Poitier
11 - Ginger Rogers
12 - John Wayne
13 - Barbara Stanwyck
14 - Vanessa Redgrave
15 - Ricardo Montalban
16 - Elvis Presley
17 - Rosalind Russell
18 - Rod Taylor
19 - Angela Lansbury
20 - Cary Grant
21 - Ann Harding
22 - Glenn Ford
23 - Greer Garson
24 - Dennis Morgan
25 - Simone Signoret
26 - James Cagney
27 - Leslie Caron
28 - Slim Pickens
29 - Marion Davies
30 - George Sanders
31 -  Elizabeth Taylor

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 02, 2017, 05:31:10 AM »

It's August, which means TCM's "Summer Under the Stars" programming. Each day of August (beginning and ending at 6:00 a.m.) will feature the movies of a different actor or actress. http://www.tcm.com/schedule/?ecid=subnavfulltcmschedule
I so hate this approach to programming. I care fuck-all about "stars." August is usually the only time I get to watch Turner (I visit my dad then and he's got it) and every year the same thing. Why don't they do films by directors, or periods, or genres? Anything but "stars."

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 02, 2017, 05:45:22 AM »

I so hate this approach to programming. I care fuck-all about "stars." August is usually the only time I get to watch Turner (I visit my dad then and he's got it) and every year the same thing. Why don't they do films by directors, or periods, or genres? Anything but "stars."

Agree, it would be a nice change.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 02, 2017, 09:54:22 AM »

Yeh me too, but for your average movie viewer it's the star that pulls them in and hence why the stars get paid so much.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 02, 2017, 07:01:30 PM »

Who cares how they program it? Bottom line is that August is the time TCM shows lots of good movies.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 05:41:50 PM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 03, 2017, 01:04:05 PM »

What makes them any better than the ones shown during the other months of the year? The performance of a famous star can rarely carry an otherwise poor movie. I'd rather hedge my bets on a good director than a good actor.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 03, 2017, 11:10:59 PM »

No Noir Alley in August, as it makes way for Summer Under the Stars programming. Noir Alley returns on September 3 with FRAMED.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 31, 2017, 11:00:04 PM »

Friday morning (September 1) at 6:15 a.m. ET, TCM will show Run Silent, Run Deep (1958), a good submarine movie. Clark Gable and Burt Lancaster vs. a Jap submarine. Check out this movie if you haven't seen it yet  Afro

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 30, 2017, 07:47:25 PM »

Sunday Oct. 1, 6:30 a.m. Eastern Time, THE AGE OF INNOCENCE (1934) - the original movie based on the same book as Scorsese's movie made nearly 60 years later.

This movie has none of the opulence of the remake, none of the narration - I found both to be annoying. This one is much tighter, simpler. And it's good. Irene Dunn plays the Michelle Pfeiffer role. Check it out ...

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM