Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 05:12:01 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007)  (Read 14522 times)
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2007, 04:36:59 PM »

The long awaited Tim Burton/Johnny Depp collaboration is almost here!!! The trailer was finally released and it looks absolutely fantastic. Yes, I'm a huge Tim Burton fan. I just love his artistic vision. Anyway, Here's the trailer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svP3HsJB5ng&mode=user&search=

« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 06:25:57 PM by TucumcariBound » Logged

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
lovelyrita
Bandido

Where are you going, for Christ's sake?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 05:43:54 PM »

I have seen the Broadway Show and that was amazing. I just saw the trailer TB thx..I think Burton will prove to us once again how extraordinary his stories are, not to mention his direction. Depp will pull it off I know he will..

"Did you make coffee?"
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 05:52:27 PM »

I have seen the Broadway Show and that was amazing. I just saw the trailer TB thx..I think Burton will prove to us once again how extraordinary his stories are, not to mention his direction. Depp will pull it off I know he will..

You are so lucky to have seen the Broadway show as I've heard amazing things about it! I've been waiting for this film for a long time. This subject material is right up Tim Burton's alley. The film looks phemominal and it appears this will be another memorable performance by Johnny Depp!

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Mw/NNrules
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 06:15:15 PM »

Tim Burton is extremely hit or miss with me. Sad. I do think that Ed Wood is great.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 06:22:49 PM »

Tim Burton is extremely hit or miss with me. Sad. I do think that Ed Wood is great.

He's not hit or miss with me. I think his weakest films at least have brilliant eye candy.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 12:56:01 PM »

We are just around the corner for this release! I can't wait.  Smiley

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 04:36:30 PM »

He's not hit or miss with me.

His Chocolate factory remake was a big disappointment.

He brought nothing new to the story. I was always under the impression that he would make it darker.

I was never a fan of the original but I thought it was the perfect vehicle for a Burton.

This new musical has promise.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Atlas2112
Bounty Killer

formerly Gay Patrick Stewart

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 08:47:50 PM »

the idea of casting sacha baron cohen as senor perilli was brilliant  Smiley . the ohter guys....... not so much  Sad . Sweeny todd is a character who needs to be sung with alota cajones and from what little ive heard from depp , h sewhat lacking  Undecided . Me and some buddies are gonna go see it as soon as it comes out (or as soon as we can). ill try to hold predjudice till i actually see the film. but i do agree this is right up burton's alley.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 08:16:19 PM »

I just got back from the theatre and let me tell you all something, I was BLOWN AWAY!!! I have never seen a theatre clap, and chatter so much after the end credits started rolling. Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, Alan Rickman, and the rest of the cast hit it out of the park with this one.

This film is arguably Tim Burton's best work to date. The attention to detail in direction was outstanding. The music was spine-chilling brilliant. This is possibly the best movie musical I have ever seen. It's nothing short of POWERFUL!!!

I can't say enough about this film. Go see it, bring your friends, then go home and tell your family to go see it and whomever shall listen!!!

This is an instant classic and destined to be a masterpiece. Hell it's a masterpiece to me already.

Atlas2112
Bounty Killer

formerly Gay Patrick Stewart

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 08:37:58 PM »

im still skeptical about the singing, being as none of them are singers. Im still seeing it just cause its sweeny todd.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2007, 09:59:12 PM »

im still skeptical about the singing, being as none of them are singers. Im still seeing it just cause its sweeny todd.

You don't understand. The singing was better than good. Trust me. I've seen the broadway play and these actors did a supurb job bringing the play to life on the big screen.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 11:15:25 PM by TucumcariBound » Logged

BeauButabi
Gunslinger

Hail to the king, baby!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2007, 11:41:38 PM »

Just saw it tonight, and liked it. I was FAR from blown away, but I enjoyed it at an alright level. It was sorta like Eastern Promises, where I expected something really great by an actor/director team who have given us really great things before, but it just turned out okay.

"Who the hell are you anyways, Smith?"
"I'm a British nanny, and I'm dangerous."
- Shoot 'Em Up (2007)
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2007, 11:54:45 PM »

Didn't expect much from this (because of the recent decline in quality in more recent Burton movies) but I was pleasently surprised.

Everybody (with the exception of Rickman) was an above average singer and the songs were awesome, although Burton had nothing to do with that end.

Great great great film.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2007, 12:45:06 AM »

During the boardwalk fantasy scene, anybody else notice that the building in the background looks like the building that houses the pale faced ghosts in 1962's Carnival of Souls?

Caught on right away. Same style.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2007, 07:54:43 AM »

During the boardwalk fantasy scene, anybody else notice that the building in the background looks like the building that houses the pale faced ghosts in 1962's Carnival of Souls?

Caught on right away. Same style.

Holy sh*t man you're right!!! It may have just been a homage from Tim Burton. Good look FC. I'm happy you enjoyed the film man. It completely blew me away. I understand it's not for everyone but I sure as hell enjoyed it. I think it's incredible and you're right, the songs were great.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 07:55:51 AM by TucumcariBound » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM