Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 03:53:58 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  If you were Blondie, who would you...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: If you were Blondie, who would you...  (Read 4460 times)
CalamityJane
Bandido

"It might interfere with my aim".

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2003, 12:59:25 PM »

rather share the gold with?   Here's a couple of points to consider:  Angel Eyes did nothing to Blondie except to follow him wherever he went, but yet, Blondie shoots him in the end.  Tuco, though, makes Blondie walk through a hot, sun-baked desert, shoots his canteen of water, shoots off his hat,  causes him to get severly sunburned, then nearly shoots him.  After all Tuco has put Blondie through, he lets him live at the end, even giving Tuco half the gold (although Tuco has no way of carrying it (hands tied and no horse to carry it).  

Who would YOU rather share the gold with if you were Blondie?  I'm caught between the two.  Angel Eyes seemed like a fair man when it came to only wanting half, but then again, he can't be trusted, either.  Remember what he did to Baker and farmer - after they paid him, he shot them both.  Okay, enough rambling.  Just something for you to ponder on.  It will be interesting to see some replies to this.   Wink

« Last Edit: November 17, 2003, 01:00:22 PM by CalamityJane » Logged
Shatterstar
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2003, 03:16:44 PM »

Well Angel Eyes was a bigger threat and if Blondie had not opened fire on him, he himself would've been shot. Blondie obviously didn't think Angel Eyes deserved any of the money since he refused to cooperate earlier with him in the film.

Also Blondie had unloaded Tuco's gun so he wasn't much to worry about. Tuco did deserve some gold as he shared the name of the cemetery with Blondie.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 12:31:55 PM by Shatterstar » Logged

A man's life in these parts often depends on a mere scrap of information.
CalamityJane
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2003, 08:37:11 PM »

Welcome to the GBU board, Shatterstar.  Glad to have another GBU fan aboard.   Grin

That's a good point, Angel Eyes being the bigger threat.    Another good point, which I was thinking along the same lines is Tuco's honesty - being truthful with Blondie and telling him the name of the cemetary.  Perhaps that's why Blondie didn't shoot Tuco and shot Angel Eyes instead - 'cause Tuco told him the truth about his half of the secret.  As the saying goes, the truth will set you free (even though Tuco is left stranded in the cemetary).  At least Blondie let him keep his life, right?

KERMIT
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2003, 11:30:35 PM »

rather share the gold with?   Here's a couple of points to consider:  Angel Eyes did nothing to Blondie except to follow him wherever he went, but yet, Blondie shoots him in the end.  Tuco, though, makes Blondie walk through a hot, sun-baked desert, shoots his canteen of water, shoots off his hat,  causes him to get severly sunburned, then nearly shoots him.  After all Tuco has put Blondie through, he lets him live at the end, even giving Tuco half the gold (although Tuco has no way of carrying it (hands tied and no horse to carry it).  

Who would YOU rather share the gold with if you were Blondie?  I'm caught between the two.  Angel Eyes seemed like a fair man when it came to only wanting half, but then again, he can't be trusted, either.  Remember what he did to Baker and farmer - after they paid him, he shot them both.  Okay, enough rambling.  Just something for you to ponder on.  It will be interesting to see some replies to this.   Wink
tuco gave blondie fair warning not to cross him well ahead of time yet blondie left him in the desert. a mistake for blondie. pb his olny one.
 after tuco's beating blondie questions AE "and tuco,...is he  {dead}"? showing he cares.   again, when tuco & blondie meet up the first thing in order is to eliminate AE, and gang.  blondie tells tuco "were you going to die alone" and thier partnership is back in force leone style olny stronger.   $$$ !   Grin  blondie gives tuco the chance to get angle eyes as he remembers that beating.
in the end blonde, naturally being "the good" leaves tuco his share when he could have easily takin it all.  he leves his share showing he isn't greedy. "just like old times". the whole GB&U plot seems blondie, protecting angel for tuco. angel eyes evil as he would have easily murdered both men for all the coins....& tuco ? there's a lot of him in all of us as we are mortal.

CALIMITY. keep those GB&U questions coming.  Grin

tuco had a really funny line when blondie comes to him and says "their's five of them"  the line tuco says, "five ? it dosn't matter. i'll get dressed , i'll kill them . i'll be right back".  for some reason TCM cut that line out. i wonder why ?

« Last Edit: November 17, 2003, 11:57:06 PM by KERMIT » Logged
Sackett
Gunslinger

One revolution is more than enough for me.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2003, 10:27:59 AM »

I think Blondie recognizes Angel Eyes for what he is , pure evil.  All Blondie is doing is playing out his game from the start of the movie, fullfilling his deal with Tuco, and tying him up so he can get away clean. He still doesn't trust him.
As to the horse, Tuco does have a horse, Blondie takes Angel Eyes horse, leaving him with the courier's horse.

CalamityJane
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2003, 11:54:37 AM »

Hmmm.... guess I miscounted with the horses.  Another teeny detail I missed.  I just remember, off-hand of course, the one horse that Blondie rides away on.  The courier's horse is the one that Tuco tries to get away on from the church that him and Blondie come upon after crossing the river.  Blondie shoots off the cannon and the horse falls.  Tuco runs, then Blondie shoots off the cannon again to let Tuco know that he's not gonna get far from Blondie.  The horse that is left behind - isn't that the courier's horse?  Tuco entered the cemetary without a horse and Blondie rides on a horse to the cemetary.  That's where I only came up with one horse - not two.  Hmmm....  Thanks for bringing up that itsy-bitsy detail.  Looks like I'm gonna hafta watch this movie at least three or more times over in a row to catch these leetle details.   Grin

CalamityJane
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2003, 11:56:32 AM »

Ah, Kermit.  You know I can't resist asking these questions and bringing up thse "posers" as they enter my brain.   Just like to see how you and everyone would respond to such thoughts.  I'll keep 'em comin' for sure.

mortimerforever
Gunslinger

when you have to shoot shoot don''''t talk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2004, 11:16:27 AM »

if he shot tuco it would be in cold blood because tuco had no bullets.

200,00 dollars is a lot of money. we're gonna have to earn it.

tuco ramirez number01 fan.
''''''''two kinds of spurs my friend.''''''''
Senza
Bounty Killer

You think you're better that I am?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 04:52:16 AM »

He had sympathy for Tuco after he witnessed the argument between him and his brother.

"Roll it up! Roll it up! I'll give you a good idea where you can put it!" - Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 01:00:54 PM »

tuco had a really funny line when blondie comes to him and says "their's five of them"  the line tuco says, "five ? it dosn't matter. i'll get dressed , i'll kill them . i'll be right back".  for some reason TCM cut that line out. i wonder why ?

TCM prides itself on NOT cutting anything out, and even to show on widescreen if available.

More like "There's five of them" 

"Five?"

Yeah, five"

"That's why you come to Tuco.  It doesn't matter.  I'll kill 'em all, be right back"

emmo26
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 05:16:28 PM »

Angel Eyes did nothing to Blondie

except aim a gun at him when tuco was digging A.S. grave.

....he could have easily have said "okay chaps lets go thirds"

« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 05:25:44 PM by emmo26 » Logged

**************** ZZ TOPīs 1st Gig **************
Senza
Bounty Killer

You think you're better that I am?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 05:39:52 PM »

If he did, then we wouldn't have had the three way showdown.

"Roll it up! Roll it up! I'll give you a good idea where you can put it!" - Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM