Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 08:16:50 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Another "Blondie" thought: If you were...
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another "Blondie" thought: If you were...  (Read 7591 times)
CalamityJane
Bandido

"It might interfere with my aim".

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2003, 01:30:08 PM »

Blondie, would you have continued turning Tuco in to collect as much reward money as you could or would you have stopped when Blondie did, thinking Tuco could only be worth so much and no more?  Hmmm...

« Last Edit: November 17, 2003, 01:31:40 PM by CalamityJane » Logged
KERMIT
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2003, 12:05:18 AM »

Blondie, would you have continued turning Tuco in to collect as much reward money as you could or would you have stopped when Blondie did, thinking Tuco could only be worth so much and no more?  Hmmm...
with the 2nd hanging not going off so well, and tuco bitching,  riding on blondie's horse, you can tell blondie has been doing some ciphering on his own. "there,s not much future in a sawed of runt like you".  enter shorty larsen exit tuco stranded for the second time in the desert.  Grin

« Last Edit: November 18, 2003, 12:05:58 AM by KERMIT » Logged
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2003, 04:42:36 AM »

I wonder now about pre Tuco Blondie, maybe this was Blondie's regular scam up to meeting Tuco. He could have allready gone through a string of two-bit outlaws, it could have probably been a very workable hustle in the border lands of war torn New Mexico/Arizona/Texas.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
CalamityJane
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2003, 11:59:23 AM »

Well, I don't know.  I think I would have tried turning Tuco in once more, then I would decide.  Three time's the charm you know.   Grin

KERMIT
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2003, 04:29:50 PM »

I wonder now about pre Tuco Blondie, maybe this was Blondie's regular scam up to meeting Tuco. He could have allready gone through a string of two-bit outlaws, it could have probably been a very workable hustle in the border lands of war torn New Mexico/Arizona/Texas.

this completely escaped me. thx cigar.  my veiwpoint is obviously limited to the film.  new s**t comes to light.
i was also wrong assuming tuco was horseless...
cigar ? you ever thought about writting a prequel to this prequel ?   Grin  

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2003, 05:08:33 PM »

It would have to be a joint effort ;-).

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
KERMIT
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2003, 02:19:09 AM »

eastwood & wallach have to appear on screen at first to whet the public's appitite @ box-office. i  can vision them ie. tuco & blondie by pure chance bumping into each other in early 1900. there is no reason for mistrust now as they are too old and wise and very rich. they  want to talk.  first tuco. then blondie. what happend to all that gold ?

now comes the hard part. a clint starts talking about the scam he had going as it dosn't matter anymore.
would it be possible to come up w/ an actor handpicked by eastwood to play blondie circa '61 when the civil war was just starting.  a whole new plot involving range wars, dollars, scams, and the bad guy would have to be worse than either AE or il indio/ramone if thats humanly possible. a cross between richard boone and Huh  
there could be a mortimer/van cleef like character who is blondie's mentor a samurai-esque guy teaching him the skills needed to defeat evil.  this would be a shared kurosawa/leone experience.  sorry i've let my imagination get away from again. i'll try to think of more sub plots involving 1861 firearems and an older much wilder frontier filled w/ the violence leone style. only worse being the wild west is in full swing.
lots  can be reveiled about the man w/ no names such as his family was wiped out by banditos when he was very young caseusing such trama that revenge is more important than finding out just what his real name ever was keeping that a secret.  tremendous detail is in order. casting actors has been done w/ OUATITW thread. this time the story/plot has to be the first thing to concentrate on.  i can't put my finger on it now but give me time to think.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 02:41:22 AM by KERMIT » Logged
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2003, 04:59:17 AM »

Those are all possibilities, I think we can start a post under "other films" have everyone, all Leone afficianados participate, we can throw up ideas against a blank wall and see if any of them stick. Much like a writting team does for a comedy TV show. It could be a fun thread that could turn into something.

I suggest everyone who wants to participate to start boning up on Pre Civil War New Mexico/Mexico/Texas history say in the 1850-1860 period.

CalamityJane
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2003, 12:20:57 PM »

I'd love to participate, but history was never my forte in school.  I'm afraid that's not quite my best subject, so I'll have to sit back and just read all the posts from all you history/wild west buffs.   Grin

KERMIT
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2003, 12:32:46 PM »

Those are all possibilities, I think we can start a post under "other films" have everyone, all Leone afficianados participate, we can throw up ideas against a blank wall and see if any of them stick. Much like a writting team does for a comedy TV show. It could be a fun thread that could turn into something.

I suggest everyone who wants to participate to start boning up on Pre Civil War New Mexico/Mexico/Texas history say in the 1850-1860 period.
i'm chomping @ the bit.
instead of inventing another bad guy why not follow young tuco, you know catch up on all those crimes that could be so funny to embellish. also we keep following a young angle eyes building his reputation for evil, ect. also that unspeakable bond between them in GB&U. could be a very good sub-plot in what happened between angle eyes & blondie.  Wink

scince eastwood whittled down his lines while filming  he also whittled out some jucy plots. ie. angle eyes could have been responsible for blondie's parents being wiped out. again, we have a parellel not unlike harmonica's dealings w/ frank but this has GOT to have a bitchin' twist so it could never be compared to closely. it's already falling together. am @ my library gathering up all i can on this era including , finally, got a copy of something to do w/ death through this library.
cheers all & remember descrestion is the better part of valor here. later.... Grin

« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 02:45:26 PM by KERMIT » Logged
KERMIT
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2003, 02:39:47 PM »

I'd love to participate, but history was never my forte in school.  I'm afraid that's not quite my best subject, so I'll have to sit back and just read all the posts from all you history/wild west buffs.   Grin
a old roman poem for CALIMITY JANE from KERMIT
      {a cardinal is dead,
        who did good  & bad things.
        the bad, he did well,
         and the good, he did badly}
you may find yourselfe most essential when least expected for you truly beleive, as i do, that leone was magic.......expect good news.   Grin

CalamityJane
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2003, 07:47:23 PM »

Thanks, Kermit, for that poem.  I understand.    Wink    I'll see if anything comes to mind when the thread is started.  Perhaps I can contribute something to it after all.  'Preciate the encouragement, amigo!  Like I said before,  history was not my best subject in school - English was, but I'll pitch in somewhere, I'm sure.   Grin  Thanks again.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2003, 05:10:07 AM »

I think you are on the right track Kermit, for Tuco we have a life laid out in not only his crimes but also from his conversation with his brother Pedro.

Now Angel Eyes and Blondie are a different matter, all we know of Blondie is that he sais he hails from Illinois originally. Of Angel Eyes we know nothing.

I think we almost have to leave a Blondie back story out of any prequill, he got that mysterious stranger thing going and any character arc attached to him will diminish that quality. We can show him working some cool scams, but after that I just don't know.

Angel Eyes is probably open for anything.

KERMIT
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2003, 03:37:13 AM »

yes, the crimes. the ones like derailing a train just to rob passengers. impersanoting a mexican general. lol
lots of potential material    

back story is out of the question. how about a huge battle  fought by gold mine owners in texas ? goldmines in texas ?  sounds absurd but there's no explanation in GB&U of why betterville union prison camp is in texas.

mini plots that don't link up unless one follows the whole story.   inside jokes olny understood by the main hombres.  a comedy of murders, ect.  
locations.  towns.  i have an excelent book on western history. blondie working a series of scams w/ famous outlaws of the 50's-60's before they went on to valhalla.  one thing's for sure cj, this is turning into caper.  Grin

recalling the GB&U bridge fiasco in the late '70's leone shrugged it off saying "bridges tend to get blown up in my films".   Undecided  

« Last Edit: November 21, 2003, 04:07:09 AM by KERMIT » Logged
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2003, 04:37:47 AM »

yes, the crimes. the ones like derailing a train just to rob passengers. impersanoting a mexican general. lol
lots of potential material    

back story is out of the question. how about a huge battle  fought by gold mine owners in texas ? goldmines in texas ?  sounds absurd but there's no explanation in GB&U of why betterville union prison camp is in texas.

mini plots that don't link up unless one follows the whole story.   inside jokes olny understood by the main hombres.  a comedy of murders, ect.  
locations.  towns.  i have an excelent book on western history. blondie working a series of scams w/ famous outlaws of the 50's-60's before they went on to valhalla.  one thing's for sure cj, this is turning into caper.  Grin

recalling the GB&U bridge fiasco in the late '70's leone shrugged it off saying "bridges tend to get blown up in my films".   Undecided  

Okay, I've argued this point before, but I believe that the scenes took place at least partly in New Mexico, because the Union/Confederate commanders (Sibley/Canby) were real, and the only time that they faced off against each other (outside of Louisiana anyway Tongue) were in Sibley's New Mexico Campaign of 1862. I hadn't heard of the Texas Gold Mine Battle before Leone brought it up (unless it's another name for the "Baylor Buffalo Hunt" of 1861").  Or could've taken place later in 1862, when the California Column captured El Paso.  Irregardless . . .

I'm sorry to sound like a geek complaining about only this point, but I don't really have any problems with the rest of your post, Kermit.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM