Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 01:30:39 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Another "Blondie" thought: If you were...
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another "Blondie" thought: If you were...  (Read 7414 times)
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2003, 10:10:49 AM »

I seem to remember, in the added scene after the desert, the Confederate soldier mentions to Tuco something about Santa Fe, and Brother Ramirez' monastery.  And in the added scene after leaving the monastery Tuco mentions something about being in New Mexico and needing to head into Texas.

KERMIT
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2003, 11:20:28 AM »

do you think tuco might have been wanting to get away fo new mexico to texas because of his crimes catching up w/ him there ?

& BTW, it seems to me that tuco isn't a murderer like angel eyes. he receives no trial in a court of law but just says ok,ok  i did it all already, hurry up and hang me so i can move on to the next town and be turned in.  so we don't know if he was bad enough to kill someone out right.  in defence of tuco, even if he did commit a tiny murder here or there, it was just self-defense.   Wink
it's those other crimes. it's the hilarious ones, like after receiving payment in advance, deserting the wagon train in the middle of the souix hunting grounds that provide substance for a sub-plot.
very good for the digestion.  Grin

« Last Edit: November 21, 2003, 01:09:42 PM by KERMIT » Logged
KERMIT
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2003, 03:09:03 PM »

ok, aaronson wrote a bitchin little story entitled AFTER "THE END" . it shows great creativity imagination, ect.  in the meantime check it out once again. under general information:after "the end"......just that first post  aaronson sent.  Wink

basically he tells of harmonica and mr. morton winding up on a train together which took bronson/harmonica back to the 1960's/1860's where he met up w/ yul brenner and became one or the magnificent seven.  aaronson's got that creative spark.  Grin

groggy , how do i post a link up so i can show past threads like you do ?  i'm old.  pc's are new to me.   Undecided

« Last Edit: November 21, 2003, 03:14:38 PM by KERMIT » Logged
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2003, 04:05:06 PM »

Hey Kermit.

Just go to the thread in question, cut/copy the URL in the address box, and paste it into your post.  I know that there's a URL code in the above buttons, but on this board at least you don't need it.  For example, this page:
http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?board=4;action=post;threadid=670;title=Post%2Breply;start=15

Glad I could help.  Grin

Saturday nights with Groggy
KERMIT
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2003, 04:55:09 PM »

thx amigo  Grin

KERMIT
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2003, 06:28:30 PM »

have been listening to a lot of film music. morricone, herrmann, ect. to get inspirition, information, ect.

ie.  put on say riders of the storm by the doors. just the intro.  in a relaxed state sustained intensity.....sometimes, you can imagine a plot of a scam, a scene.  in writting, be your own leone/morricone, ie. get to understand how they worked together.
you don't ever copy them . Tongue  but you get to know their mindset.  w/ out morricone's music leone could never have invented the new genre he did. and w/out his old friend leone, morricone may just as well have been just another young, genus composer still starving in italy.
and, it's a fun thing to do.  Grin ...or @ least TRY to do.  

« Last Edit: November 21, 2003, 06:37:35 PM by KERMIT » Logged
CalamityJane
Bandido

"It might interfere with my aim".

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2003, 08:51:41 PM »

In short, you mean listening to a song or tune and having a story plot emerge in your mind, right?   Grin  That can happen - just use a little creativity - that's all.   Wink

KERMIT
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2003, 06:03:14 AM »

In short, you mean listening to a song or tune and having a story plot emerge in your mind, right?   Grin  That can happen - just use a little creativity - that's all.   Wink
yes. but you have to go to the music, it won't come to you.  GB&U w/out music ? leone wouldn't shoot a scene until he first heard morricone's score so he could invision how the scene would play out. not so w/ american cinema, @ least up until that time.

CalamityJane
Bandido

"It might interfere with my aim".

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2003, 09:01:29 AM »

That's what I meant - as you listen to the music first, a story plot will unfold in your mind.  Leone's method of listening to the music first is a great idea.  The music sure does help, eh?   Grin

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM