Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 10:26:46 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Musical question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Musical question  (Read 5964 times)
kpzoo
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2003, 04:30:08 PM »

The song played on piano in the saloon, when Lee Van Cleef gets off the train at the beginning and says to the bartender "Where is he"? This piano tune is awesome!!  I went to clinteastwood.net and it wasn't one of the songs listed. Also, apparently there is no soundtrack available on CD(?) Any idea where I could find out the name of this tune? Undecided

The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2003, 04:46:43 PM »

Its called 'Poker D'Assi' You can find it on 'Fistful of Sounds'.

Its a 3 complete Ennio Morricone soundtrack collection: includes FOD/FAFDM/OUATITW. I bought it on double vinyl about 5 years ago. You could get it on double CD as well. Not sure if there still pressing it.

That Honky Tonk Piano Track & The Watch Tune are previously unreleasd according to the listings. And are not on my UK copy from 1970.  

« Last Edit: November 17, 2003, 04:49:09 PM by The Smoker » Logged

kpzoo
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2003, 04:56:50 PM »

Thanks a million. This is great. I really appreciate it.

The Smoker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2003, 05:05:15 PM »

Actually it might be the honky tonk music thats playing when Manco goes after Red at the poker game.  Undecided

You can play a sample here at this Japanese CD site. You need realaudio track 15.

http://www.jpc.de/jpcdb/frames/jpcset.html?hnum=9723981&iampartner=pdm&maktion=artikel&msparte=pop&language=en

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2003, 08:22:57 AM »

OK, like "Per Qualche Dollaro In Piu" import BMG soundtrack CD and "Legendary Italian Westerns Volume 2" CD, that "Fistful of Sounds" seems to have all the FOD and FDM tracks, but it doesn't have the full complement of Once/West tracks that were released a few years ago.  For that  you need to search for import CD "C'era una volta il West" with 20 tracks   1999 RCA   74321-66156-2   OST 143v

For GBU, with 21 tracks, get Ennio Morricone
Il Buono, Il Brutto, Il Cattivo (complete original motion picture sound track) [Original recording remastered, Import] Title: Il Buono, Il Brutto, Il Cattivo (complete original motion picture sound track)
Audio CD (25 September, 2001)
Label: Import [Generic]
ASIN: B00005EF9Y

The Smoker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2003, 09:04:04 AM »

Yeah, true. I meant complete as in there not edit highlights of the 3 soundtracks. e.g. like just 4 tracks from each film.
I think the OUATITW is proberly the original RCA version from 1968.
The others? Are proberly original RCA italian cuts. FOD/FAFDM have tracklistings in italian.

Good value ive seen copies for 8.00 in stores.

KERMIT
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2003, 11:17:03 PM »

i have copy of legendary itailian westerns.
WUATITW 4 good cuts. ie.

once upon a time in the west
farewelll to cheyenne
man w/ a harmonica
jill's america.

fod & fdm cuts good. my favorite "goodby colonel"  Cry

« Last Edit: November 26, 2003, 11:27:39 PM by KERMIT » Logged
KERMIT
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2003, 12:42:08 AM »

Actually it might be the honky tonk music thats playing when Manco goes after Red at the poker game.  Undecided

You can play a sample here at this Japanese CD site. You need realaudio track 15.

http://www.jpc.de/jpcdb/frames/jpcset.html?hnum=9723981&iampartner=pdm&maktion=artikel&msparte=pop&language=en
i'm checking out that honky-tonk piano tune now of the legendary italian westerns vol. 2
morricone's sountrack music from FFDM fun to listen to as i drive around town doing errands.
on my cd, the name of the tune is "ACES HIGH".

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 10:42:16 PM »

The song called ACES HIGH (or POKER D'ASSI in Italian) is actually the music playing in the White Rocks saloon. I have not found any soundtrack anywhere that has the tune that was playing in the Tucumcari saloon

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM