Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 10:05:20 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  OUATITW New DD5.1 soundtrack good or bad?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: OUATITW New DD5.1 soundtrack good or bad?  (Read 1812 times)
The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2003, 09:06:52 AM »

Now that the 'Once Upon A Time In The West' DVD has reached the other side of the Atlantic. (and the rest of the world)

Does anybody have any thoughts of the new Sound Mix?

Its proberly the first Audio remastering from a mono track im personally happy within a DVD. They tend to be generally very over the top, changing sound effects to make a bigger sound with mixed results.  Undecided

Is it case of messing with somebody elses Art, or Would Leone used this technology if available at the time?

« Last Edit: November 20, 2003, 09:08:54 AM by The Smoker » Logged

The clint
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2003, 04:28:34 AM »

I believe the 5.1 audio has been mixed from the mono with the Italian masters as source for effects and music. I don't have a home theater system (only 4-channel stereo) but I watched it at my cousin's house (who has 5.1 compatable system). The sound is very limited admittedly, but provides new vistas for the music. That was the part I liked. I wish they would have done it for A Fistful of Dynamite, 'cause that would have been awsome! But does anyone know if they needed to seperate the English dialogue from the original mono mix or if the original dialogue masters were found for OUATITW at paramount (or wherever they were recorded) and remixed from scratch (I personally favour the latter)?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM