Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 05:56:08 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Mutiny at Fort Sharp (Per un dollaro di gloria)(1966)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mutiny at Fort Sharp (Per un dollaro di gloria)(1966)  (Read 2371 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2007, 05:23:13 PM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060821/

http://www.spaghettiwestern.altervista.org/dollaro_gloria.htm

As said in the IMDB reviews, more of an AW than a SW. But good anyway. It has some weak moments (the fist fights and the shooting are are badly mimed, with no or little blood) but the narration it's strong and, though not original, it leaves off the molasse and  keeps you interested. You keep wondering how french and confederate soldiers are able to speak the same language years before Berlitz, but to make a film like this, involving Indians and two army costumes, interesting (not many b-budget movies like this made in Europe make it) makes you understand that the movie is to be seen. I am not sure whether Crawford was sober while filming: he doesn't look it. But the character he's playing makes up for it. Valdemarin is very good. Very. He should have made more westerns. Soundtrack negligible.
All in all, I give it a 8\10.   

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 07:39:03 AM »

Saw this 2/3 months ago on a dodgy quality dvdr full of glitches which ruined the experience for me but i liked what i saw.I think this was quite American in style.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM