Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 12:08:05 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Sergio's "Valentine to the Western Genre"/Favorite Shots...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sergio's "Valentine to the Western Genre"/Favorite Shots...  (Read 2128 times)
Beejerama
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2003, 09:14:41 AM »

Hey Everyone!

Made it to about 2:15a.m. last night before nodding off in front of my new OUATITW DVD ($13.98 Canadian @ A & B Sound, Vancouver) ...have to say that this disc was TOTALLY worth the wait!  I flipped it on trying to keep my expectations in check, especially in light of the glowing reviews.   But the reality is they've done an AWESOME job with the transfer and the 5.1 mix is impressive given the constraints of the original era (1968)  ...can't wait to check out disc 2 (features) later tonight!

Having said that, I'm wondering if anyone has any
thoughts on a favorite shot (or two) in particular.  For me it would have to be the shot of Frank & his men emerging from the sagebrush after ambushing the McBain's...to finally see this in it's true aspect ratio (2.35:1) as SL intended almost (dare I say it?) brought a tear to my eye...

I must agree with the person who said earlier on this board that Leone killed the western with "kindness"...  

A loving valentine...& the quintessential Spaghetti Western...

BRAVO!!!

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2003, 11:58:33 AM »

Hey Everyone!

Made it to about 2:15a.m. last night before nodding off in front of my new OUATITW DVD ($13.98 Canadian @ A & B Sound, Vancouver) ...have to say that this disc was TOTALLY worth the wait!  I flipped it on trying to keep my expectations in check, especially in light of the glowing reviews.   But the reality is they've done an AWESOME job with the transfer and the 5.1 mix is impressive given the constraints of the original era (1968)  ...can't wait to check out disc 2 (features) later tonight!

Having said that, I'm wondering if anyone has any
thoughts on a favorite shot (or two) in particular.  For me it would have to be the shot of Frank & his men emerging from the sagebrush after ambushing the McBain's...to finally see this in it's true aspect ratio (2.35:1) as SL intended almost (dare I say it?) brought a tear to my eye...

I must agree with the person who said earlier on this board that Leone killed the western with "kindness"...  

A loving valentine...& the quintessential Spaghetti Western...

BRAVO!!!

I hope to order the DVD tonight (I have a $25.00 gift certificate [sic] on Amazon left over from my B-Day), so we'll see.  Grin

Saturday nights with Groggy
mackace23
Chicken Thief

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2003, 08:27:02 AM »

Favorite shots? I think the whole movie is my favorite shot. Well if I have to pick a few, they would be....The whole opening sequence..every shot is great. Frank emerging from the brush. The crane shot at the station to reveal the town. The shot after Frank kicks Mortons cruch from underneath him. Angle up shot of  Frank standinig over him. I wanna go watch it again!!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM