Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 02:10:22 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  A fun thought for you.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A fun thought for you.  (Read 6122 times)
CalamityJane
Bandido

"It might interfere with my aim".

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2003, 08:58:17 PM »

Who would you like to pair up with in the movie (i.e. Blondie and Tuco, Wallace and AE)?  Who do you think would be the most fun to pair up with?   With the person/character you chose, what do you think would be the first thing you and your sidekick would do?  You can choose anyone in the movie.  I'm not limiting it to just the main characters.  This is a thread meant for your fun and imagination.  
Believe it or not, I have to give this some thought first before I decide.  Strange, huh?  I come up with this idea for a thread and I haven't even given it any thought beforehand!  I'll let you know soon after a bit of pondering, amigos!   Undecided

« Last Edit: November 21, 2003, 09:02:10 PM by CalamityJane » Logged
CalamityJane
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2003, 09:09:17 AM »

Okay.  I've given it some thought and I think I'd like to pair up with Blondie.  Why?  Well, he's got a kind of savvy nature about him and he's very quick with at the draw.  He's also very slick and smart, so I think he'd make a great sidekick.  I'm sure he'd be alot of fun, too.  I know I wouldn't go without a horse or gun with him.  I know it's sounds a bit silly, but off the top of my head, that's why I'd choose Blondie as a sidekick.  

KERMIT
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2003, 05:43:33 PM »

tuco, he said after clumsily making the sign
of the cross.  Grin

he's the olny one of the trio we get to know all about. we meet his brother and find out where he came from and why he became a bandit.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2003, 12:31:54 AM by KERMIT » Logged
CalamityJane
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2003, 09:28:29 PM »

That's a great thought.  Of course, Tuco kinda sorta, in short, explains why he became a bandit - his family was poor, so he thought that, whatever he wants in life, he'd have to kill and steal for.  I think Tuco would be rather fun to pair up with, too.  He's a laugh a minute, that dude!   Grin

KERMIT
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2003, 11:59:28 PM »

tuco is introduced to us leaping angerly through a glass window of a saloon, a half-chewd joint of lamb in his hand, and a gun in the other. tuco had to shoot those three guys. they interrupted his meal.   Undecided

when his brother was away training @ the seminary, apparently oblivious to his family, tuco stayed home, but robbed only to support his mother & father who were probably starving.  Cry

there are two different kinds of people in this world my friend. those who abandon thier familys to study the priesthood, and those who deal w/ their immediate situations accordingly.  we know tuco is a softy . after his fight w/ his bro. he is shaken & crying, all the whlile trying to convince blondie what a swell guy his brother is....just like the pope.  

as for tuco shooting al mullock while in the tub. al intrupted tuco's bath....which tuco really, really needed after surviving the POW camp, being pummeled by braga, and almost being beheaded  by a train.

amanda b. dealtwith   Grin

« Last Edit: November 23, 2003, 02:16:13 AM by KERMIT » Logged
CalamityJane
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2003, 08:30:36 PM »

Tuco shaken and crying after fighting with his bro?  Didn't see that part, unless you're "filling in" the part we don't see, which is, of course, a great assumption.  All I saw after Tuco fought with his bro is him halfway through the entrance as his brother calls to him and about to ask his forgiveness.  Tuco, hearing his brother call him, pauses, then waves his hand as if to say he has nothing more to say to his bro and leaves.  Of course, I may have missed that scene if it was one of the scenes that were taken out (Tuco shaken and crying).  Hmmm....  Must have missed it.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2003, 05:03:03 AM »

Crying is a bit strong a word but I think he wipes away a tear when he's in the wagon with Blondie afterwards, you got to pay closer attention Calamity J.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
CalamityJane
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2003, 02:39:02 PM »

I guess I have to.  Seems that I get all wrapped up in the major parts of the movie and miss all those little bitty details.  I have to admit, though, that each time I watch the movie, I notice a little more than I did in the previous times I watched it.  Guess I just haven't noticed that little detail - yet.  Thanks, cj.   Grin

KERMIT
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2003, 03:46:46 PM »

i'm very happy that my library got a copy of "something to do w/ death" by christopher frayling. it answers a lot of questions and gives such great insight.  this is one book i'll have to re-read many times.
cheers !  Grin

« Last Edit: November 25, 2003, 03:47:47 PM by KERMIT » Logged
CalamityJane
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2003, 07:57:09 PM »

Please forgive my stupidity.  Is this book about the story in GBU?   I do remember a previous post (I believe it was from you) regarding this book.  Let me know what you learn from the book.  Sounds really interesting.   Wink

KERMIT
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2003, 09:22:06 PM »

Please forgive my stupidity.  Is this book about the story in GBU?   I do remember a previous post (I believe it was from you) regarding this book.  Let me know what you learn from the book.  Sounds really interesting.   Wink
the fryaing book is almost a must.  just the chapter on GB&U gave me an impression leone was totally exausted from working so hard for 3 straight years. learning how this film was made filled in a lot of blanks.  leone is an incredible man to write about.
if you have time call your local library. my library didn't have it untill i requested it.  they borrowed it from a neighboring library and i had a copy of  it in my hands in 3 days.    Wink
when you view this film after reading you'll be aware of a lot that was going on behind the scenes so check it out, by all means.  Grin

« Last Edit: November 25, 2003, 09:31:11 PM by KERMIT » Logged
CalamityJane
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2003, 10:16:02 PM »

Thanks for the info, Kermit.  I appreciate it.   Grin

I'll take a spin to my library and see if they have a copy of it.  If so, I'll get it and read the GBU section of it.  I'm sure it will open my eyes to alot that I have missed regardless of how many times I've seen the movie. Wink

KERMIT
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2003, 09:11:15 AM »

i cannot suggest a better way to enhance any repeated viewings of GB&U. after you read the chapeter, watch it  again.  you'll see new things . you'll understand how eli wallach felt after the 3rd take of the train nearly killing him. you really feel like your on the set w/ the crew.  Grin

« Last Edit: November 26, 2003, 03:32:12 PM by KERMIT » Logged
CalamityJane
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2003, 09:31:34 AM »

I'm sure it will put a whole new light on the movie and it sounds like it's a real gem of a goodie for watching GBU.  I'll certainly see if my library has it.  If so, I'll get it and read it, then watch the movie.  I'm sure I'll see the movie in a whole different light after reading that chapter.   Wink

Walter
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2003, 05:49:27 PM »

I'm sure it will put a whole new light on the movie and it sounds like it's a real gem of a goodie for watching GBU.  I'll certainly see if my library has it.  If so, I'll get it and read it, then watch the movie.  I'm sure I'll see the movie in a whole different light after reading that chapter.   Wink

I got the book from amazon.co.uk recently, it wasn't too expensive either. I think it is sold out at amazon.com, so better hurry. Haven't had the chance to read it yet, have to have the setting right....

Who'd I pair up with is too easy a choice. Blondie, of course. Tuco is too wild, he'll just get me killed.
Angel Eyes is downright mean, I don't want a mean partner. (Had a mean girlfriend once. Bad enough.)

The first thing we'll do, is to sit in silence in the saloon with a bottle of rye, slowly emptying it. In the end I'll say, slowly: - We'll ride out at sunbreak.

There will be a long silence.

Then the reply: - Yeah........

Come to think of it, Tuco will be less boring company.  Wink

Dying ain't much of a living, boy
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM