Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 15, 2018, 05:45:38 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Last live concert you attended
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 2 3 [4] 5
: Last live concert you attended  ( 18425 )
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

« #45 : October 18, 2008, 03:36:39 PM »

Saw these guys at The Lamb Folk Club last Wednesday.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tAHNohE0beg

A wonderful evening. :)

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

« #46 : October 18, 2008, 04:17:50 PM »

Taj Mahal at the Egyptian Theatre --7/10.

He wasn't as mind blowing as I expected.  Maybe it's just because I was feeling a little sick.  Still, a great guitarist, and a very fun evening.  I respect his diversity of musical influences.  Highlight of the show: a traditional African-influenced interpretation of Stagger Lee.... or him pelvic thrusting while taking a solo and exclaiming, "Who's your daddy!?  Who's your daddy now!?"

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

« #47 : October 25, 2008, 09:20:19 AM »

It's already been a while, but I forgot to mention... I was on a small concert of Púčik, which is a folklore group from Brno, namely of its musical part, playing traditional South-Moravian music with cymbalo and fiddle and other instruments. But it's a band of very young people, I guess most of them younger than me, and it was very lively and... well, definitely NOT dead conserved folklore, this was living music. I hope you know what I mean. A great experience.

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

« #48 : November 29, 2008, 02:06:26 PM »

Thursday 27th, celebration of the first CD of the new Brno band Poletíme? (the question mark is part of the name).
For download here: http://www.poletime.info/poletime/index.php?zobraz=donate&stahuj=archiv
I'm afraid most of it is lost with language, though. But you can always get a glimpse.
(Actually, their fiddle player plays in Púčik as well. :))

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #49 : November 29, 2008, 02:47:13 PM »

Wednesday, Nov. 26, Maria Schneider Orchestra at The Jazz Standard, Manhattan. 2 Sets. Smokin'! O0

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

« #50 : December 18, 2008, 05:10:02 AM »

Guess who got tickets to an AC/DC concert next summer? Suck on that! 8)

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
Silenzio
Bounty Killer

« #51 : January 02, 2009, 01:37:13 PM »

The Reverend Horton Heat -- 8.5/10

Saw them in Austin.  You know what it was?  Some kind of TEXAS PSYCHOBILLY FREAKOUT THAT'S WHAT IT WAS!

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

« #52 : September 27, 2009, 01:07:31 PM »

RESURRECTION.

Michael Franti -- 8/10.  This guy put on a great show, really pumped up the crowd on a Tuesday night..  I really dig his vibe and his music and his message.  He's like Curtis Mayfield meets Peter Tosh.

riotengine
Chicken Thief

« #53 : October 01, 2009, 10:55:52 PM »

Probably a Blondie concert in San Francisco, during their No Exit tour a few years back.

Greg

Greg Espinoza

"It's a chess piece, the most versatile on the board. It can move in eight different directions, over obstacles, and it's always unexpected."

-- Richard Boone as Paladin
moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

« #54 : October 02, 2009, 11:15:22 AM »

More than a bit late...

AC/DC - 7/10
Of course it was AC fucking DC and of course it was Angus Young! But something was missing. There just wasn't that special vibe in the air that you expect from a good gig. I blame the stadium. Stadium concerts tend to be that way.

For The Imperium - 9/10
I didn't know shit about this band before a friend mine took me their gig. The place was small, and there were maybe 20 some people that really were listening to them (i.e. were standing in front of the stage) but God there was energy in that place. From the beat one the audience was moshing like hell; I can tell you that my neck hurt 2 or 3  days afterwards. The music itself was nothing special (as I noticed the day after when I listened to their CD I had bought), hi-tech/no-message kinda prog metal with screamed verses and sung choruses, but as an experience the gig was awesome.

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

« #55 : October 24, 2009, 11:49:30 AM »

Absoluuttinen nollapiste - 9/10
Only a handful of people were present which was a pity and a surprise but I don't think it affected the gig that much; they're not very audience involving band and the event was somehow very intimite. The set list did not include all of my biggest personal favorites but was surprisingly audience friendly and wide-ranging in age. The played both their newest single and a fan favorite from their first album. Some of the songs were rearranged but mostly successfully. Interesting were also a couple of lines of new lyrics in some songs - more and less improvised, the climax being Liimatta's intimate tribute his late mother. Their playing was, I'd say, perfect and there was evident joy in their performing. I just can't accept that these dudes are 30-35 years of age now; on the stage they give an impression of a bunch of college students. And that is a compliment!

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

« #56 : August 10, 2010, 03:34:28 PM »

Yesterday I was on a concert of Pacifik, one of my favourite Czech bands, in a pub where they seem to play regularly (I remember hearing about it some time ago). Therefore, it was something between a concert and friendly campfire-singing without the campfire, or something like that. Most of the audience seemed to be their friends, they had at least two intermissions to drink their beer and, at the same time, played for much longer than usual on normal concerts. It started at 8 PM, we left at about 10:30 PM and they still seemed to intend to play for much longer. Certainly something I hadn't experienced before.
The last song we heard was this nostalgic song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzNFTAJVQP4 with a background projection of related nostalgic photos, and it was just fantastic (much more fantastic than in the video).

It was the first time I heard them with their new member, after Pepa Blažejovský died... The new member is much younger than the rest of them, at least a generation younger, but he seems to fit in well, and they're still good in their own way. However, something was missing... something intangible, something I couldn't lay my finger on, but it was that certain something that made them so special to me originally, which I didn't realise until now. Now, thinking back, I guess it's because Blažejovský, as I've read, had rock-and-roll background, while the new member comes from a prolific folk music family. I suppose it has something to do with that.

« : August 11, 2010, 12:26:03 AM marmota-b »

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #57 : August 10, 2010, 04:38:10 PM »

I went to a Pirates game a few weeks back, at the end of which was a concert by the Steve Miller Band. They were pretty good, and they get extra props for playing an hour-plus in the middle of pouring rain.

Saturday nights with Groggy
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #58 : August 11, 2010, 02:57:37 AM »

I worked the load in load out for Charlie Daniels Band, just before I left for Montana.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
sargatanas
Gunslinger

« #59 : August 11, 2010, 03:36:46 AM »

I worked the load in load out for Charlie Daniels Band, just before I left for Montana.
i met charlie Danial's long before he made it when he was semi big. his bus was pulled over by the red pig bar-b-q down from where i stay,  i peeked - in and he said howdy. instantly, i knew i was in the presants of tue greatness.

also, found mice elf back 20 years in a recording session w/ taj down in kingsnake studios in Sanford, Fla. after the session was over he loosened up an asked me to open up at a comunity collage over in Daytona beach that night. it was sweet to come back under the new circumstances to a full auditorium of blues enthusiasts

« : August 11, 2010, 04:46:06 AM sargatanas »
: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines