Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 11:55:37 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Dark Knight (2008)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Dark Knight (2008)  (Read 57377 times)
Tuco the ugly
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2007, 04:59:17 PM »

Didn't he break up with Nicole Kidman because she had an affair with Ewan McGregor during the filming of Moulin Rouge?

Looks like he learns from his mistakes.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2007, 05:19:32 PM »

Didn't he break up with Nicole Kidman because she had an affair with Ewan McGregor during the filming of Moulin Rouge?

Looks like he learns from his mistakes.

Is that even true?

If it is then I can be sympathetic to his plight.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 05:23:00 PM by The Firecracker » Logged

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2007, 05:30:12 PM »

That guy is one insecure weirdo.
A friend of mine, who worked with Cruise once, told me that Cruise was yelling at the make-up artists because he didn't want any make up because it made him break out.

I like Tom's movies, I'll admit that, but he's a whack job in real life. That man has serious issues that he needs to get straightened out. I'd be surprised if he and Katie Holmes last for the long run.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Tuco the ugly
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2007, 05:42:00 PM »

Is that even true?

If it is then I can be sympathetic to his plight.

From how he's behaving looks like it is.

That's what I'm saying. Forget the believe in love or not bullshit, who (normal, of course) would ignore his partner getting tongued by someone for the sake of getting the job done? Not me, I'll tell you that.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2007, 06:42:42 PM »

That's what I'm saying. Forget the believe in love or not bullshit, who (normal, of course) would ignore his partner getting tongued by someone for the sake of getting the job done? Not me, I'll tell you that.

Agreed, however, I did a little research on the subject and gossip seems to suggest that the reason for the break-up was Tom getting fresh with Penelope Cruz.

All we really know is the reason for the break-up is between Tom and Nicole.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2007, 07:40:17 PM »

I hear the reason why Nicole and Tom broke up was because Nicole wouldn't convert to Scientology. There's also rumors that Nicole can't have a child of her own and Tom wanted one.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2007, 10:55:13 PM »

it seems like you guys are gossiping like little school girls Grin

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2007, 11:54:43 PM »

it seems like you guys are gossiping like little school girls Grin

Grin Hey, I'm just stating what I've heard.

Anyway, THE DARK KNIGHT will be spectacular. I'm looking forward to another serious and epic Batman film from Chris Nolan.

Tuco the ugly
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2007, 08:06:37 AM »

We've polluted this topic with Tom Cruise, it's enough. We'll see however, if the movie is bad - we can always continue.  Evil

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2007, 08:15:15 AM »

I watched the trailer. Although I greatly dislike all those superhero and comic movies and couldn't sit through Batman Begins due to my sheer boredom, this looks pretty damn great.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2007, 08:22:20 AM »

I watched the trailer. Although I greatly dislike all those superhero and comic movies and couldn't sit through Batman Begins due to my sheer boredom, this looks pretty damn great.

That's cool rr. Maybe you can watch Batman Begins again and get a better appreciation for it before you see The Dark Knight.

Hey, I love your Sinatra avatar by the way. Awesome stuff man! Afro

KevinJCBJK
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2007, 02:10:02 PM »

Hey guys, Kevin here. I am sorry for not being on the board. I had finals and weeks of preparing for them. But I am back.

I watched the trailer the other day, and it looks really good. I think Heath Ledger is going to steal the movie.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2007, 03:08:33 PM »

Hey guys, Kevin here. I am sorry for not being on the board. I had finals and weeks of preparing for them. But I am back.

I watched the trailer the other day, and it looks really good. I think Heath Ledger is going to steal the movie.

Welcome back Kevin. Hope your finals went good my friend. I think you're right about Ledger. He appears to have given an amazing performance here.

Tuco the ugly
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2007, 03:25:21 PM »

I've heard that Jack Nicholson was a little pissed because nobody contacted him for the role of Joker.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2007, 03:47:17 PM »

We already talked in a Batman thread a while ago about the character and movies and the great TV series. This trailer shows what appears to be a mediocre entry in the saga, for various reasons. I wasn't so enthusiastic about the first instalment and maybe this could get better with a good Joker performance. But (one of) the major appeal(s) of the Batman character for me has always been the visuals, both in the cartoons than in the tv series. Maybe in this last form they were a bit too exasperated, but true to the way the character had been developed in the '50's on cartoons. In the trailer I see only the image of Batman towering on the buildings of Gotham City being faithful to the spirit of the character. The rest is usual Hollywood cardboard fxs with explosions seen hundred times in the usual Hollywood action (palsy) movies. The Joker character is clearly veered toward a Hannibal Lecter (which would be an interesting turn if the Batman saga could veer toward the gory and atrocious: which probably can't), here probably a deballsied one. I'd bet this will be even more boring than the former. So probably more successful.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 03:49:38 PM by titoli » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM