Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 07:39:27 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  "Modern talking"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Modern talking"  (Read 6439 times)
Bill Carson
Gunslinger

Where`s that damn fly...!?

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2007, 05:41:52 AM »

Recently, after many years, I watched on VH1 the video for "Modern talking`s" song "Brother Louie" (year was 1986.) and I was very surprised. I didn`t remembered that the whole video is "covered" with the scenes from OUATIA. Does anyone knows why is that? As I know, this "song" and this "band" has no conecction with Sergio or this film. Further more, film was released in 1984. and this song in 1986. So, I ask again, does anyone knows anything about this?

« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 05:45:38 AM by Bill Carson » Logged
Tuco the ugly
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 07:47:43 AM »

Brother Louie, Louie, Louie...

Don't know what to think of this. I remember a few of their 'songs' and they were always kinda gayish. Or they were trying to be. Anyway, it's obviously they stole this, I don't see how Sergio Leone would let them take material from his movies for this kind of shit...

I wish I never saw this.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 10:52:36 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ect3VoEUJn8

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Tuco the ugly
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 11:27:10 AM »

Thanks very much Noodles, I had to watch it again.

Atlas2112
Bounty Killer

formerly Gay Patrick Stewart

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 08:47:31 PM »

Huh was that a man or a woman?

Bill Carson
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 06:36:33 AM »

Brother Louie, Louie, Louie...

Don't know what to think of this. I remember a few of their 'songs' and they were always kinda gayish. Or they were trying to be. Anyway, it's obviously they stole this, I don't see how Sergio Leone would let them take material from his movies for this kind of shit...

I wish I never saw this.

Yes, they were "kinda gayish". That`s why I asked a question. I mean, what possibly can they have in common with Sergio and his films? Nothing!

It was thought a fashionable look for young men in pop groups in the early 80's. I don't think that Dieter Bohlen or Thomas Anders were gay and their music is still popular in some places. It's reported that they are the biggest-selling German music act in history and it could just be that the person they employed to produce the video was a Leone fan.

I don`t know if they were/are gays, but if you look a little bit better, you will notice that one of them, around his neck, wearing a peace of jewelry with inscription "NORA"!? I don`t know. Maybe he was calling himself like that...

« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 06:45:03 AM by Bill Carson » Logged
Tuco the ugly
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 07:51:23 AM »

I agree with A1 about his observation on the 80's, however, we are trying to link Leone with this 'video'. I must say I'd rather think of it as stealing, and close this whole matter before my idols fall apart.

About ''Modern Talking''; if they are not gay but they accepted to do this anyway - they're idiots, which is far worse in my opinion. They were also 'singing' in playback I think. The first time I've heard them I thought they were girls, no joke.

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 08:16:59 AM »

My penis hasn't shrunk that fast ever since I swam around Antarctica.

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 12:20:26 PM »

I really don't know whether I should laugh or cry. Maybe the finest piece of art combined with maybe the purest piece of shit can cause that.

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
Bill Carson
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 01:28:05 AM »

I really don't know whether I should laugh or cry. Maybe the finest piece of art combined with maybe the purest piece of shit can cause that.

Grin Grin Grin Great comment, buddy. Afro

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM