Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 03:23:26 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Clint and tuco cameo
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clint and tuco cameo  (Read 6254 times)
Xanatos
Road Apple

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2007, 06:38:22 PM »

What exactly happened there? I read something about it on IMDB.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 07:05:37 PM by Xanatos » Logged
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 02:27:22 PM »

What exactly happened there? I read something about it on IMDB.

There was no such cameo. What you probably read was the long going rumor that Sergio wanted Clint, Eli, and Lee to open the film with a cameo.

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 03:01:48 PM »

Not a rumor, it is true!

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Tuco the ugly
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 03:28:43 PM »

Not a rumor, it is true!

Grin

Yeah, it's all true!

SeanSeanSean
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 07:54:47 PM »

I don't know if it's true or not, but some video wiz posted what it might look like (french version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0At8m2p4LHU&feature=related

If it's a revolution, it's confusion
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 08:21:25 PM »

I don't know if it's true or not, but some video wiz posted what it might look like (french version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0At8m2p4LHU&feature=related

Great find! Afro

It was a brilliant idea from whoever it came from, about that three actors playing in the beginning of OUATITW, whether Sergio Leone really considered it or it was just a rumor going around started by some fan of Sergio's movies, it is such a pity it never saw the light of day.

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 05:09:12 AM »

Afro

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
SeanSeanSean
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 09:31:02 AM »

Great find! Afro

It was a brilliant idea from whoever it came from, about that three actors playing in the beginning of
OUATITW
, whether Sergio Leone really considered it or it was just a rumor going around started by some fan of Sergio's movies, it is such a pity it never saw the light of day.
I don't agree. I feel that a scene like that would have hinted to a continuity of the trilogy. OUATITW as an anthology of westerns must stand alone.
Also, I feel that the trio would have had an unsutable comical tone. The tone reached by Leone is comical enough: the fly, the water drop, the 2 horses two many...

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 10:32:13 AM »

No way Bronson could have beat Eastwood to the draw. It would have marred the impression of the previous 3 movies. Eastwood probably got hip to this.I thank him for having said no.

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2009, 11:53:16 AM »

I don't agree. I feel that a scene like that would have hinted to a continuity of the trilogy. OUATITW as an anthology of westerns must stand alone.
Also, I feel that the trio would have had an unsutable comical tone. The tone reached by Leone is comical enough: the fly, the water drop, the 2 horses two many...

I don't agree with a single thing you wrote Smiley

1) There isn't really a continuity line between the movies in the first trilogy, not really, and if it's the second trilogy we're talking about then, IMO, it would enhance it rather than destroy. Like Cox said in the commentary: it would have been a great way to break the bounds he had with the previous works, and start a new (definitely more ambitious) chapter.

2) If we look at OUATITW as an anthology, and we should, then again I think it would do more good than harm. Three mean gunslingers dying in the beginning prophetically symbolizing the near end of the Old West.

3) I don't understand this... Why would have Eastwood, Van Cleef and Wallach been more comical than Elam, Strode and Mulock?

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
SeanSeanSean
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 12:50:44 PM »

I don't agree with a single thing you wrote Smiley

1) There isn't really a continuity line between the movies in the first trilogy, not really, and if it's the second trilogy we're talking about then, IMO, it would enhance it rather than destroy. Like Cox said in the commentary: it would have been a great way to break the bounds he had with the previous works, and start a new (definitely more ambitious) chapter.
Using a whole new cast is the way he took to break the bounds (SSS)

2) If we look at OUATITW as an anthology, and we should, then again I think it would do more good than harm. Three mean gunslingers dying in the beginning prophetically symbolizing the near end of the Old West.
What point is made when 3 gunslingers are mowed down by another gunslinger, read Bronson? (SSS)
3) I don't understand this... Why would have Eastwood, Van Cleef and Wallach been more comical than Elam, Strode and Mulock?First time viewers would have been distracted by their appearence. Hey lookie: the old gang is back. In  OUATITW Leone brought the western to a whole other level. (SSS)

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 05:24:01 PM »

Man, can't you quote properly? It's easy: just press ''quote'' in the upper right corner of the message and then write under all the text when it opens. Or you can just copy the whole text with your mouse, click ''reply'', paste the text, select it all, and choose ''insert quote''. Just how hard can it be?

Using a whole new cast is the way he took to break the bounds (SSS)

True, but I never questioned that.

What point is made when 3 gunslingers are mowed down by another gunslinger, read Bronson? (SSS)

Is there a point behind any gunslinger, in any W movie, shooting down any fella? It's the West, of course somebody is gonna get shot.

But anyway, I explained what it would have meant to me already.

First time viewers would have been distracted by their appearence. Hey lookie: the old gang is back. In  OUATITW Leone brought the western to a whole other level. (SSS)

That is the general consensus, but having Fonda in the role of a psycho wasn't much better, was it? But, before you were saying about them being comical. That's the part I didn't understand, and still don't.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 08:17:29 PM »

In regards to this scenario I have been always under the impression that Eastwood, Van Cleef and Wallach if they had been used by Leone would not have been used as any of their previous characters but as three altogether different ones which may have been quite interesting.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 07:23:32 AM »

In regards to this scenario I have been always under the impression that Eastwood, Van Cleef and Wallach if they had been used by Leone would not have been used as any of their previous characters but as three altogether different ones which may have been quite interesting.

That's what I'm saying.

SeanSeanSean
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2009, 09:53:38 AM »

I don't see how Leone could've pulled it off. By time OUATITW came along everyone knew the trio from the previous movies. And they had some fan following mostly Eastwood. How could Bronson go on and become the good avenger if he guns down crowd favorites? Leone did'nt go there and thats a good thing. IMHO of course. Wink

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM