Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 12:11:13 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Sartana Does not Forgive (Sartana non perdona)(1968)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sartana Does not Forgive (Sartana non perdona)(1968)  (Read 3420 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2007, 11:26:02 AM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063548/

http://www.spaghettiwestern.altervista.org/sartana_non_perdona.htm

This is essential viewing for all aficionados, were it not for one of the few (or is this the only one?) appearances by Elam in a main role. But the movie, though it has many faults (first of all the wooden appearance of Martin in the main role, exactly as Caltabiano as a peone) it also has some worthwhile features, as for example the variation on russian roulette duel. Another worthwhile feature is that the plot line (owing very much to FFDM's) never takes a  definite direction until very much in the middle of the story, so you never know exactly what to expect.
Sartana (I don't know whether the character had the same name in the original version) is bounty killer bound on a revenge against Elam who raped and killed his wife (or woman). He gets some help from a former Elam's associate (the peone) and finally from a colleague (Rowlands, good as usual). As said, the movie as some faults (for example the first seven minutes are too slow (and silent), some shootings out of sync, and so on) but it keeps you always interested in the further development and is well shot. The soundtrack by De MAsi is very good. 8\10 

O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 11:39:08 PM »

I agree with Titoli, this movie is a hidden gem. The only thing I disliked is that sometimes it seems to go toooooo sloooooow for my taste. Jack Elam is a real badass, so unscrupulous he does not hesitate to shoot his partner Josť who just had saved his life. The variation of the Russian roulette is quite interesting if we factor in the fake bullet that Elam's associate places in his adversary's gun. And the score is quite enjoyable, but not de Masi's best.

A very entertaining SW with a few very good camera shots.

7/10

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM