Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 08:01:53 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  American Outlaws (2001)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: American Outlaws (2001)  (Read 3134 times)
Guerrilla
Bandido

View Profile WWW
« on: November 28, 2003, 06:43:32 AM »

What do u think abouth this western?

Hippieoddball1
Bandido

Life is funnier than shit.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2003, 06:50:28 AM »

shite

The reason you became a priest is because you were too much of a coward to do what i do.
Guerrilla
Bandido

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2003, 10:51:16 AM »

Of  corse,its not like classic westerns,my be is in "young guns" style,but its good that jang star like Colin Farell,staring in this new western.in this days too litle westerns are mad,so..
 Smiley

pi8r
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2003, 01:15:00 PM »

Utter drivel and completely ignores the fact that Jessie James was a psycopath.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 06:08:02 PM »

Another Jesse James Movie. I caught the second half of it on tv and started watching it quite skeptically, as the actors were really a disappointment, with the exception of Dalton. This is kind of JJ meets Die Hard, with explosions, slow motions, acrobatics and more. And still, though the characters have little to do with the real ones, I much prefer this to the soporific versions of the story. I'll try to get the dvd and say more about it. 7\10.

Tuco the ugly
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 08:18:48 PM »

Tim Dalton was the only reason (besides good old Ronny Cox) why I watched this ''Hollywood's new stars'' phoney western POC. Don't waste an hour and a half of your life on this, know better.

Spikeopath
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 03:49:42 AM »

shite

Oh dear! I recorded this the other night  Cry

Out you get Hooky, you done your bit.
Spikeopath
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2017, 07:40:18 AM »

Watched it last night.

The Indiana Jones Version.

The legend of the James/Younger gang gets another outing in this fanciful actioner that's guaranteed to have history buffs frothing at the mouth.

It very much comes off as a Western primed for the MTV generation, a young spunky cast are assembled and the action kitchen sink is thrown at the piece where ever possible. There's lashings of cool on show, some sexiness, and the prime action sequences are exciting. Yet it just comes off as soulless, something emphasised by the awful score and soundtrack.

Acting is OK, particularly from Timothy Dalton as Allan Pinkerton, the man tasked with bringing down Colin Farrell's Jesse James - this whilst having a grudging respect for the outlaw - while Gabriel Macht puts some assured calmness into the role of Frank James. Elsewhere everyone else is having fun even though they be hamstrung by the script.

There's hints of thought, such as the power of celebrity status and corporate greed, but these are few and far between, for this is what it is, an action film that works on that level only. 5/10

Out you get Hooky, you done your bit.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM