Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 03:49:36 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  And Now... Make Your Peace with God (Ed ora... raccomanda l'anima a Dio! )(1968)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: And Now... Make Your Peace with God (Ed ora... raccomanda l'anima a Dio! )(1968)  (Read 4594 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2008, 06:55:55 PM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0194837/

http://www.spaghettiwestern.altervista.org/anima_dio.htm

Fidani managed to have more than his usual 99 cents to make this (probably he was new to investors or maybe he still had money) but that doesn't make things better. Actually, most of the fun one gets from seeing him strive at making a movie armed only with some film and goodwill here gets lost into boredom of going through the motions of a story plotted and shot without originality (actually the finale may leave you in doubt about Scarciofolo's motives but by that time you don't care and just wish the movie had ended earlier). It's a revenge story (better, two revenge stories compounded). Testi and Muhammad Ali join forces to beat a gang led by Manni which in the past depriving them of various goods. Scarciofolo joins them. They win. Tempera score is ineffective, though the 2 songs featured into it are worth a listenng. This gets 5\10.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 07:08:26 PM by titoli » Logged

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 06:58:47 PM »

I have an english dvd of this from reels. Haven't watched it yet.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 07:09:33 PM »

I have an english dvd of this from reels.

Does this mean this made it to USA?

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 07:13:47 PM »

Not sure. This dvd is not legit. The quality is nice and in english. The print came from Africa. My friend in NY is good friends with the man who sells these in South Africa. His father ran a chain of theaters there so now he is in the process of converting the reels to disc for sale. Some of the most recent are the widescreen disc of MOMENT TO KILL and MAN CALLED INVINCIBLE as well as a number of trailer compilations for various Italian westerns, polizio, drama and Asian films.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 07:19:01 PM »

I also have these from the same source. You've probably seen these at some point...

IO NON PERDONO...UCCIDO (FEDRA WEST; widescreen english)
SE T'INONTRO, T'AMMAZZO (FINDERS KILLERS; fullscreen english)

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 11:10:02 PM »

Not sure. This dvd is not legit. The quality is nice and in english. The print came from Africa. My friend in NY is good friends with the man who sells these in South Africa. His father ran a chain of theaters there so now he is in the process of converting the reels to disc for sale. Some of the most recent are the widescreen disc of MOMENT TO KILL and MAN CALLED INVINCIBLE as well as a number of trailer compilations for various Italian westerns, polizio, drama and Asian films.

If we're talking about the same guy (Naushad) he's had a lot more releases as of late (NIGHT OF THE SERPENT). The one's you've mentioned are nearly a year old already.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 11:14:07 PM »

Yes, I'm aware of some of his newer movies. John hasn't sold any of his newer titles as he has had trouble moving units of the ones he already has. He was thinking of re-packaging them and redoing the menus to make them look more attractive. He told me two nights ago he still has around 100 copies a piece of the earlier titles still lying around.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 11:21:09 PM »

Yes, I'm aware of some of his newer movies. John hasn't sold any of his newer titles as he has had trouble moving units of the ones he already has. He was thinking of re-packaging them and redoing the menus to make them look more attractive. He told me two nights ago he still has around 100 copies a piece of the earlier titles still lying around.

What does he have in store?

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 11:35:29 PM »

MAN CALLED INVINCIBLE
FEDRA WEST
FINDERS KILLERS
AND NOW MAKE PEACE WITH GOD
the trailer compilations
Maybe one or two others. He's supposed to give me some other ones when I go up again in the next couple of weeks.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM