Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 01:51:22 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Sergio Corbucci's: What Am I Doing in the Middle of the Revolution (1972)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sergio Corbucci's: What Am I Doing in the Middle of the Revolution (1972)  (Read 15352 times)
Marco Leone
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2006, 07:16:06 AM »

So far the only bit of the soundtrack I have heard is (presumably) the title track.  Its on one of the Spaghetti Western series (Disc 2, Vol 2 I think!).  Its fairly jaunty, but without the class of his other soundtracks.

I am looking forward to seeing this movie though.  Corbucci hasn't let me down yet!

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/spaghettiwesterns My Euro Western Website - (includes Reviews, Actor information and Spaghetti Western Generator)
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2006, 08:05:05 AM »

Not even on Samurai?-haven't seen this.
Whats Sonny & Jed like Marco?I very nearly got involved in a bidding war for this last weekend mainly so i can get to hear Morricones soundtrack-any good?

Marco Leone
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2006, 08:13:44 AM »

Well Banjo, these ar still on the "to view" list, but yes from what i have heard they may not be of the same quality!

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/spaghettiwesterns My Euro Western Website - (includes Reviews, Actor information and Spaghetti Western Generator)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2008, 02:47:28 AM »

Very entertaining, with the narrative rhythm which comedy should have and that Corbucci rarely did show in the genre. I guess some lines get lost in translation, but I think the movie can be generally appreciated by a foreign audience. I don't particularly like Villaggio because in Italy we are used over here to see him play different characters (of his own making) from the one played here, but this doesn't count for foreigners so I guess he's alright. While Gassman is brilliant in a kind of character which he played repeatedly in his extraordinary career, most notably in Il mattatore. The movie would have earned a 9\10 if it had not had the usual simplistic pro-peones and heroistic finale. So I give it a 8\10. Morricone's score is good but not memorable, a rehashing of well-known formulae but more brilliant executed elsewhere (the main theme reminded me of Sonny).
P.S. You sure this was shot in Mexico?

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2008, 04:19:56 PM »

Very entertaining, with the narrative rhythm which comedy should have and that Corbucci rarely did show in the genre. I guess some lines get lost in translation, but I think the movie can be generally appreciated by a foreign audience. I don't particularly like Villaggio because in Italy we are used over here to see him play different characters (of his own making) from the one played here, but this doesn't count for foreigners so I guess he's alright. While Gassman is brilliant in a kind of character which he played repeatedly in his extraordinary career, most notably in Il mattatore. The movie would have earned a 9\10 if it had not had the usual simplistic pro-peones and heroistic finale. So I give it a 8\10. Morricone's score is good but not memorable, a rehashing of well-known formulae but more brilliant executed elsewhere (the main theme reminded me of Sonny).
P.S. You sure this was shot in Mexico?

100% agreed! How Odd.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2008, 04:29:28 AM »

I'm sure this wasn't shot in Mexico.

Most of it shows the typical Almerian landscape and I doubt that anything of it was shot elsewhere. And besides, why should they?

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2008, 07:42:10 AM »

In his trilogy Corbucci was obviously influenced by VIVA MARIA which was filmed in Mexico so why not? I'm sure there are others, GUNS FOR SAN SEBASTIAN comes to mind.

But you may be right.I got my information (i think) from a review of the cd which is where i got the "Tortilla" name from.Interestingly on doing a search now for the cd all the various sellers are using this Tortilla moniker as part of a standard sales blurb.No mention anywhere of the film being shot in Mexico but the one i originally read definitely did.The review said somethng like "it was shot in Mexico so really it's should be called a tortilla rather than spaghetti".I know you can't take this as gospel but why would someone make this up?

Before some mentions that infamous liar Weisser i've already checked his book and he doesn't say anything about locations. Grin

Sadly just as when i wrote the review there is still an almost total absense of information about this film. Sad

Hopefully things will become clearer when (i pray) this gets the decent dvd treatment hopefully with some extra's.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 07:53:32 AM by Banjo » Logged
stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2008, 09:10:07 AM »

Yeah, Viva Maria and San Sebastian were both shot in Mexico, and it shows, as the locations are quite different to all the SW.

All the outdoor scenes in this Corbucci are definitely Spain.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2008, 02:28:30 PM »

OK i altered my first post to suggest it was most probably filmed in Spain. Wink

But did you read The Smokers reply ? This supports the information i found elsewhere. Undecided

« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 02:34:20 PM by Banjo » Logged
stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2008, 03:15:49 PM »

Yes, but i think he's simply wrong.

The german SW expert Bruckner, who is very interested in all these location things, also only mentions Spain in his big book.

Too bad that there's not so much information avaiable about Corbucci and his work.

O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2010, 01:22:02 PM »

I saw this movie a few days ago and I liked it far more than The White, the Yellow and the Black. Both are funny but WAMDITMOTR is far less outrageous. The musical score is excellent (another Morricone gem) and both Vittorio Gassman and Paolo Villaggio play excellent roles.

This movie was clearly filmed in Spain, not in Mexico.

7/10

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2010, 08:27:51 AM »

I've never seen this but, Paolo Villaggio (aka Fantozzi) in a (S)W?!

Sounds insane, I'll definitely watch out for this.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 08:29:31 AM by Dust Devil » Logged

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2010, 12:22:24 PM »

I've never seen this but, Paolo Villaggio (aka Fantozzi) in a (S)W?!

Sounds insane, I'll definitely watch out for this.
It IS insane.  Cheesy

Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2010, 02:29:19 PM »

It's great and a fitting end to Corbucci's revolution trilogy.

Although I really like all three, my order of preference follows the order of production: 1. The Mercenary; 2.Companeros; 3. What am I doing in the Middle of the Revolution?

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM