Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 10:54:08 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Man With No Name
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Man With No Name  (Read 14577 times)
mortimerforever
Gunslinger

when you have to shoot shoot don''''t talk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2004, 12:12:56 PM »

joe is probable what piripero calls him
blondie is just a nickname so i think manco[or monco] is his real name.

naturally. I'll be in the tavern. The air around here stinks anyway, just like the food. But the month will go fast.

tuco ramirez number01 fan.
''''''''two kinds of spurs my friend.''''''''
DJIMBO
Gunslinger

Who are you?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2004, 03:00:29 PM »

i think that piripero's reference to man with no name as 'Joe' is indicative of the american way of calling people 'joes'. To piripero he is a Joe.

Dave Jenkins, Calder Benson, Jim Cooper, Chuck Youngblood. They were all alive until they met you, Frank.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 11:00:15 PM »

the name "Manco" ("one handed") has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that his hand was crushed in FOD: it was his LEFT HAND that Chico stepped on -- the same hand Manco always uses for everything but shooting (and I believe Chico has a similar scar in FOD as does Nino is FAFDM; it's just more red and bloody in FAFDM). In fact, in the the commentary to FOD, Frayling remarked how dumb Chico was to step on Joe's non-shooting hand; if he had instead stepped on his right hand, there is no way Joe could have engaged the Rojos in that shootout).

The name "Manco" is cuz he does everything with his left hand so his shooting hand -- the one with his signature leather gauntlet -- is always free. It is absolutely no reference whatsoever to FOD. The only reference that any film of the "trilogy" has to any other, is TMWNN hetting the clothing at the end of GBU that he would "later" wear in FOD and FAFDM (both of which clearly took place after GBU).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

p.s. I had some fun recently reviving some very early discussions on FOD, and I'm doing the same now with some old FAFDM threads I find interesting Smiley (In this case, I believe most of the participants of this thread (except cigar joe) aren't on the boards anymore, but I respinded here anyway cuz IMO this thread contained misinformation, and I think it's important to correct any misinformation on the boards  Wink )

« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 11:01:54 PM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM