Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 12:24:36 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  OUATIA - DVD
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: OUATIA - DVD  (Read 4690 times)
dasher
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2002, 02:20:25 AM »

Cool
Can anyone tell me where I can buy OUATIA on DVD.

jouissance
Bandido

in the beginning there was light

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2002, 01:35:32 PM »

you can't!

not yet at least. somewhere on the board there is so great info regarding this question from a reliable source. sorry i cannot for the life of me remember where.

jonbr
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2002, 09:53:34 PM »

Okay - here is an update regarding the DVD version of  OUATIA. I was able to pick up a DVD version of the movie during a recent trip to Paris. I found a version of the movie that was compatabile with American DVD players (Zone 1) on sale at the Virgin megastore on the Champs d'Elysee. It is the long, original uncut version of the movie.  However, it is not widescreen and the sound is just okay. It cost 42 euros. So, I guess this will have to do for now until they release the movie in America.

Noodles
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2002, 09:53:43 PM »

Just picked up the Brazilian version on Ebay. No regional coding and the cover is in Portugese.  Full version with Dolby 2.0.  English or Portugese soundtrack.  I guess the fake ones are the ones with an English cover.  Much better than the VHS version I rented to watch this the first time.  After shipping it was $25.78 Grin

jd
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2002, 11:45:58 AM »

Does anyone know why Warners is refusing to put this masterpiece out on DVD? It seems like there may be more more than meets the eye regarding the relationship between Leone and Hollywood (or lack thereof).

AMC just showed OUATIA on X-Mas eve (long-version w/ a G-rating!). I couldn't believe it...might  as well put on The Gofather as a G-movie as well. I watched it anyway...it was still great!

Patiently waiting for a true "directors cut" to be put out here in the states.

caius
Bandido

"bravo!"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2002, 04:36:50 PM »

I have found an english website which sells ouatia.  I have written down the name in a different section of the notice board so check it out.  (its the 2nd from bottom or bottom one, one of the two.)

I hope it will arrive soon, so i can rate it for you guys.

I hate signatures, so naf, but i had to put this up for a week or so to show my respect

r.i.p. joe strummer.  great man, great band
mmbt
Road Apple

I Slipped

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2003, 08:16:21 PM »

Just got a message from amazon.com that OUATIA is coming to DVD Region 1 on June 10!  A two-disc special edition set no less!!   They're taking pre-orders now.  Huzzah!!

TBPJMR
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2003, 12:17:50 AM »

Hey, I want OUTIA for Region 2 too!!! I need it! Should I write to Mr. De Niro? I think he will be most interested in the case than Andrea Leone... otherwise we hadn't those poor italian releases of the dollar trilogy, and OUTIW, and DYS, I think.

Bye and bye

Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM