Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 06:04:30 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  10,000 B.C. (2008)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 10,000 B.C. (2008)  (Read 13466 times)
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2008, 01:06:36 PM »

What's your thoughts? I wasn't to excited about this film upon hearing about it but I since changed my mind after viewing the trailer quite a few times. It's peeked my interest and I think it looks promising.

Trailer 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw7ow4AmPc8

Trailer 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-r6gx_cIE8

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 01:27:48 PM »

I've seen the original or at least parts of it and wasn't too impressed (though, I can't remember much of it, but is it the same thing?).

The CGI looked crappy. BBC has done this already in some of their dramatized documentaries, historically accurately or at least believably. I'm very probably gonna say "No thank you" to this one.

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 01:31:46 PM »

I've seen the original or at least parts of it and wasn't too impressed (though, I can't remember much of it, but is it the same thing?).

The CGI looked crappy. BBC has done this already in some of their dramatized documentaries, historically accurately or at least believably. I'm very probably gonna say "No thank you" to this one.

The CGI looked crappy? I don't think so. That's the first thing everyone says when they see CGI heavy films. That excuse is not always the case. I don't think it applies here. I think the CGI looks incredible. That's director Roland Emmerich's specialty if anything. His films "Independence Day" and "The Day After Tommaro" had amazing CGI. Why would it be any different here? It be even better if you ask me.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 01:40:47 PM »

I can't lie, this movie looks horrible, stupid, and incredibly shitty. I expect it will reach the hype of 300 yet disappoint an even larger amount of people, while greatly appealing to all high school boys (besides Silenzio and I).

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 01:47:28 PM »

I can't lie, this movie looks horrible, stupid, and incredibly shitty. I expect it will reach the hype of 300 yet disappoint an even larger amount of people, while greatly appealing to all high school boys (besides Silenzio and I).

You're full of sh*t.

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 01:53:30 PM »

Someone isn't happy with me!

Whalestoe
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 02:44:08 PM »

I saw a trailer for this during the Charger/Colts game. I thought it looked pretty dumb as well. Go Chargers.

Atlas2112
Bounty Killer

formerly Gay Patrick Stewart

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 03:00:47 PM »

this might have interested me if i was still 7, but no thanks. Also dont like that the cavemen speak english, why can't they just speak in grunts?

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2008, 03:39:16 PM »

this might have interested me if i was still 7, but no thanks. Also dont like that the cavemen speak english, why can't they just speak in grunts?

I don't get where this might look good to me if I was seven talk. Have any of you heard of fantasy? Many of you are in love with The Lord of the Rings type films and this looks simliar. I'm not saying it will be the quality of those films story wise but it's in that kind of league.

This is not a film for little kids.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2008, 03:44:48 PM »

This looks boring.

And had it not been for Welch's tits, the original would have been a total waste of time to.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2008, 03:52:57 PM »

This looks boring.

And had it not been for Welch's tits, the original would have been a total waste of time to.

It looks boring? LOL, I've heard it all now.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2008, 03:55:26 PM »

It looks boring? LOL, I've heard it all now.

I'm sure everybody else here agrees (the people that called it "shitty". To me a shitty movie is a boring one).

You don't have to like our opinions but at least don't put us down for them.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 03:56:46 PM by The Firecracker » Logged

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2008, 04:00:55 PM »

The CGI looked crappy? I don't think so. That's the first thing everyone says when they see CGI heavy films. That excuse is not always the case. I don't think it applies here.

Must you always have a reason as to why people dislike a movie that your fond of?
Why can't people just believe a movie sucks because it does?

POTC 2 and 3 have some great CGI. That still doesn't stop those two films from being turds.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 04:15:39 PM by The Firecracker » Logged

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2008, 04:03:45 PM »

Must you always have a reason as to why people dislike a movie that your fond of?
Why can't people just believe a movie sucks because it does?

POTC 2 and 3 have some great CGI. Probably the best I've ever seen and I would have no problem with CGI heavy movies if all their CGI looked like the POTC cgi. Great CGI still doesn't stop those two films from being turds.

Oh, getting tough behind the computer again I see FC. What in god's name are you talking about? I'm just debating here, not arguing. Don't turn it into a flame war man. Maybe you should dissapear for a month again. Things were nice during that time.

Again, not trying to start anything, but I don't have to take your crap like many other's do.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2008, 04:07:24 PM »

Again, not trying to start anything, but I don't have to take your crap like many other's do.

And your not trying to start a flame war?

Right.
I was only questioning why you have to get defensive over a movie that hasn't even been released yet. If nobody likes it (and judging by the trailer of this stinker it looks, to me, that their head is in the right place) move on. Don't type stuff like "you're full of it" just because somebody else has a different opinion.

over and out.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM