Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 10:37:27 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  "Comanche Moon" (2008) - mini series
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Comanche Moon" (2008) - mini series  (Read 5893 times)
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2008, 07:58:37 PM »

The last chapter of the "Lonesome Dove" saga. Anybody watching? It's pretty damn good so far.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Atlas2112
Bounty Killer

formerly Gay Patrick Stewart

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 08:17:05 PM »

when and where does it air?

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 08:27:54 PM »

when and where does it air?

Crap Atlas2112. I should have posted this a few hours ago. The first of three 2-hour episodes started tonight. It's on right now. It's in it's second hour.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Atlas2112
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 08:44:27 PM »

Crap Atlas2112. I should have posted this a few hours ago. The first of three 2-hour episodes started tonight. It's on right now. It's in it's second hour.
wait but what channel is it on?

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 08:49:11 PM »

wait but what channel is it on?

CBS.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 09:10:08 PM »

Well I just finished the first part. All and all I liked it. It started off a little slow but it picked up the pace half way through. Steve Zahn's portayal of Gus was absoultely fantastic. You can tell he studied Duvall's manerisms from "Lonesome Dove."

Atlas2112
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 09:12:14 PM »

it starts in about an hour over here in the west coast. ill be sure to check it out

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 09:23:56 PM »

it starts in about an hour over here in the west coast. ill be sure to check it out

Oh, you're on the west coast. That's good for you then. Be sure to post your thoughts after Atlas! Afro

Ben Tyreen
Bounty Killer

Well, Major, I shall see you in Texas!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2008, 10:38:33 PM »

I thought the first part was pretty strong overall.  TB, I agree that Steve Zahn was excellent and almost certainly watched the original to get Duvall's mannerisms and voice patterns down.  No one can live up to Robert Duvall's original performance as Gus, but so far Zahn is doing pretty well.  Next to Gus my favorite character from LD is Deets, so hopefully his character will get some more development in parts 2 and 3.

It's hard to compare it to the first miniseries, and it's not really fair to, but so far it's already much better than Dead Man's Walk and Streets of Laredo.  Definitely looking forward to the final two parts. Smiley

Nobody throws me my own guns and says run...nobody.
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2008, 10:41:09 PM »

I thought the first part was pretty strong overall.  TB, I agree that Steve Zahn was excellent and almost certainly watched the original to get Duvall's mannerisms and voice patterns down.  No one can live up to Robert Duvall's original performance as Gus, but so far Zahn is doing pretty well.  Next to Gus my favorite character from LD is Deets, so hopefully his character will get some more development in parts 2 and 3.

It's hard to compare it to the first miniseries, and it's not really fair to, but so far it's already much better than Dead Man's Walk and Streets of Laredo.  Definitely looking forward to the final two parts. Smiley

Yes my friend, Zahn was great. Of course, as you said, nobody will ever top Duvall's Gus portayal but Steve Zahn is doing a pretty damn good job with it. I was honestly shocked. I didn't think he had it in him. I can't wait for the next two parts!

Hey Ben, what do you think of "Return to Lonesome Dove?" I haven't seen it in years and don't remember much.

Ben Tyreen
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2008, 10:47:09 PM »

Hey Ben, what do you think of "Return to Lonesome Dove?" I haven't seen it in years and don't remember much.

I never saw that one because I read that it had nothing to do with McMurtry's original outline for where the story would go, as it did in Streets of Laredo.  I do remember that some of the cast returned in their roles, but Jon Voight as Call didn't appeal to me.  And besides, the whole point of the end of LD was that Call wouldn't be going back to the ranch in Montana, but in this one, he's driving a horse herd north?  Come on now. Afro

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2008, 10:49:05 PM »

I never saw that one because I read that it had nothing to do with McMurtry's original outline for where the story would go, as it did in Streets of Laredo.  I do remember that some of the cast returned in their roles, but Jon Voight as Call didn't appeal to me.  And besides, the whole point of the end of LD was that Call wouldn't be going back to the ranch in Montana, but in this one, he's driving a horse herd north?  Come on now. Afro

Yeah, you make some great points there. I do remember I wasn't to crazy about it. However, I like Jon Voight and Barbara Hershey so I do want to revist it at some point.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2008, 09:24:57 PM »

Finished part II tonight! I think it's wonderful. It's not going to be on the level of LONESOME DOVE but it's pretty damn good on it's own.

Ben Tyreen
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2008, 11:10:43 AM »

Watching the miniseries, it's been pretty good.  Lonesome Dove will always be tops but this is doing it justice.  I've read the books, but it's good to see the whole story come full circle with Newt being born and Clara ending up with someone other than Gus, or so it appears tonight.  I haven't read the books in awhile so I'm not sure how it ended, but I'd love to see it end with Gus and Woodrow ending up in Lonesome Dove for good.

The set tonight for the town of Lonesome Dove looked a lot like the original too, I wonder if it's where the original miniseries was filmed.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2008, 09:58:13 PM »

Watching the miniseries, it's been pretty good.  Lonesome Dove will always be tops but this is doing it justice.  I've read the books, but it's good to see the whole story come full circle with Newt being born and Clara ending up with someone other than Gus, or so it appears tonight.  I haven't read the books in awhile so I'm not sure how it ended, but I'd love to see it end with Gus and Woodrow ending up in Lonesome Dove for good.

The set tonight for the town of Lonesome Dove looked a lot like the original too, I wonder if it's where the original miniseries was filmed.

Yeah, you can never top LONESOME DOVE, but this series appears to be a good companion piece. The last episode was the best of the mini-series tonight. It set up the events of LONESOME DOVE perfectly!

I'm not sure if they used the same filming location's as LONESOME DOVE Ben Tyreen. At times, it really looked like they did, especially in the last episode.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM