Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 11:24:27 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  hidden feature on dvd
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2]
: hidden feature on dvd  ( 15124 )
DJIMBO
Gunslinger

Who are you?

« #15 : February 17, 2005, 05:54:24 AM »

ive noticed that the two people on the board who have found difficulties with the trailer are not in America, but Holland and England. Does this mean Lance (welcome, btw), that there is different way of unlocking it in Region 1 and 2.

i say this cos im in UK, cheers.,

Dave Jenkins, Calder Benson, Jim Cooper, Chuck Youngblood. They were all alive until they met you, Frank.
Largo
Road Apple

Was there ever a man more misunderstood?

« #16 : February 17, 2005, 01:58:22 PM »

Many thanks guys for all your kind words! Your support means a lot. It was a wonderful experience making the special features for OUATITW, and I'm so glad that so many people enjoyed the release.

Right! Djimbo, Djimbo, will you ever love again...?

The Easter Egg on the Region 2 version is on Disc 1. Arrow up on Main Menu. The words ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST should illuminate. Press enter and enjoy. I actually haven't seen the Region 1 version, but I do believe that the EE is elsewhere.

Andrew Goddard is a whizz at trailers and makes many TV spots for movies and DVD releases you see on TV in the UK and Europe. He really wanted to play with the form and have fun with it, and the Easter Egg came out of that. For the record, I want to say that I think that his work on the documentaries is outstanding. It was the first long-form programming that he ever edited, and he rose to the occasion admirably. I'm proud to call him my friend. We longer work together, he left the company to start his own, and is doing very well. I do miss him though!

Sorry for banging on! Enjoy the Easter Egg!

Lancelot Narayan
DVD Producer
The Lip Sync Group

DJIMBO
Gunslinger

Who are you?

« #17 : February 18, 2005, 03:01:29 AM »

cheers lance, as we say in good old blighty, ur a legend!!!

whoa nice little extra, especially like the end with harmonica in the saloon. having not seen the film for about a year it just reminds me its a masterpiece. Great job with the DVD as well, its about as good as it could have been.

Dave Jenkins, Calder Benson, Jim Cooper, Chuck Youngblood. They were all alive until they met you, Frank.
Danny
Bandido

People scare easier when they're dyin'

« #18 : February 21, 2005, 12:04:46 AM »

Yes, it worked. For me it's on disc 1.
Too bad there's no Morricone music in it.

cowboy-cine
Road Apple

And you're the one that doesn't keep 'em...

« #19 : February 24, 2005, 10:57:52 AM »

Largo

What music is used in the special feature trailer?

I recently heard it in a commercial, as well.

Mr.Cho-Cho
Bandido

Something to do with death

« #20 : March 21, 2005, 06:41:28 PM »

Lol! hilarious trailer, doesn't go with the movie at all. Way to fast. Nice little extra... mine on Disc 1 too Region 2 u c. Don't suppose there are any other extras???

"You remind me of my mother. She was the biggest whore in Alameda and the finest woman that ever lived. Whoever my father was, for an hour or for a month - he must have been a happy man."
HEX

« #21 : September 21, 2005, 08:33:35 PM »

saw the trailer

liked it ;D

J B
Bandido

« #22 : October 05, 2005, 09:15:07 AM »

I liked it too.  It was completely misleading because not only was there no Morricone music, the preview made it looked like a movie with tons of action in it.  One would have no idea how slowly paced the film actually is by watching that preview.

However, it's because of this that I prefer it to the original trailer.  I'd much rather be mislead and be pleasantly surprised than have a movie given away to me.  The old trailer was OK, but like most movie trailers from the 70s and older, it just showed too much of the movie for my taste. 

Cat Stevens
Road Apple

« #23 : October 17, 2005, 08:20:20 AM »

New to this site and just saw this thread - will try this when I get home tonight. :)

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

« #24 : October 17, 2005, 12:55:49 PM »

I hated the new trailer. Shame because new trailers of old films can be quite good, especially when the original score is used to create a pleasent shiver to run up a fans spine.

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
anancientrace
Road Apple

« #25 : November 02, 2005, 12:07:50 PM »

Largo

What music is used in the special feature trailer?

I recently heard it in a commercial, as well.

I'vesaid this elsewhere. They use different music for THIS film????  Are they mad? It may not suit the EasterEgg trailer - but would you have Lee Marvin's voice dubbing Elvis or Freddie Mercury?  ::)

Yeah the special trailer is on diffferent discs - depending where you live in the world.

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines