Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 05:25:50 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Last Killer (L'ultimo killer)(1967)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Last Killer (L'ultimo killer)(1967)  (Read 1705 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2008, 08:21:46 PM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062413/

http://www.spaghettiwestern.altervista.org/ultimo_killer.htm

Must have seen a different movie from the one reviewed at IMDb and SWDB. They lambasted this movie while I give it an easy 7\10 and a possible best 50 entry. Sure, it has faults but it is entertaining from minute one to minute last. The main fault is that the protagonist should be a young mexican and Eastman is neither. Still the playing by Ghidra amply makes up for it: I really think he gives here one of the best performances ever in the SW canon (I'm not joking).   The story has a cattle baron (Vargas) buying out the small farmers with money and violence and in his attempr he kills Eastman's father. He also hires professional killer Ghidra to get rid of his enemies. Eastman saves Ghidra's life and so he gives him lessons on his profession, teaching him how to shoot and giving him all kind of advice. This is the best part of the movie and it is really a crash course on duelling as I never saw in any other movie: that it is good in itself and serves as a platform for the film's development. The direction it is not always perfect but it is competent. The score by Pregadio has two or three good tunes and some horrible incidental music. (Pregadio is still active to this day on weekly kinda Amateur's Hour where he has the chance to show also a certain comedic talent). A must, like it or not.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM