Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2022, 07:22:03 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Restored version screening this Sunday (May 3) in San Francisco..
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Restored version screening this Sunday (May 3) in San Francisco..  ( 10929 )
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #15 : July 01, 2009, 01:38:28 PM »

Reports of the restored version playing in the UK are coming in: http://www.eyeforfilm.co.uk/reviews.php?film_id=13595

This particular one is more a straight review of the film that doesn't address the many concerns of this thread, but an interesting review nontheless.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Leonardo
Gunslinger

"So you're not a businessman after all.."

« #16 : July 02, 2009, 04:13:53 AM »

Not only I find this review interesting, but for once it is a review  which I fully agree with. I particularly like the last sentence: "...not just the finest western ever made, but one of the finest films, full stop".
Well done, Mr. Robson!

The clint
Gunslinger

« #17 : July 02, 2009, 01:02:32 PM »

I have to disagree with one point that has come up often on this message board, and in this thread: The music at the end of the DVD is not really incorrect, the 'Farewell to Cheyenne' theme plays over the credits of ALL existing versions of this film I know of, including the original Italian release. What probably confuses people is that the credits appear sooner in the English/International cut of the film so they had to cut to the theme sooner as a result. Restoring the scene to it's original length is impossible unless you don't mind the film's TITLE and credits sequence being in Italian, which I personally find bothersome.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #18 : July 02, 2009, 04:53:08 PM »

Ah, that clears things up a bit. Good to hear, as I've always enjoyed Cheyenne's Theme coming back in at the end.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Novecento
Bounty Killer

« #19 : July 02, 2009, 05:03:28 PM »

I have to disagree with one point that has come up often on this message board, and in this thread: The music at the end of the DVD is not really incorrect, the 'Farewell to Cheyenne' theme plays over the credits of ALL existing versions of this film I know of, including the original Italian release. What probably confuses people is that the credits appear sooner in the English/International cut of the film so they had to cut to the theme sooner as a result. Restoring the scene to it's original length is impossible unless you don't mind the film's TITLE and credits sequence being in Italian, which I personally find bothersome.

So you mean the credits are in the wrong place - i.e too early?

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #20 : July 02, 2009, 07:45:49 PM »

Sorry, but you're wrong about that one.

The ending of c'era una volta il west: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y4Ml1qRGHk&feature=related

In the Italian version, the soundtrack does NOT switch to "Farewell to Cheyenne" theme but remains on the "finale."

The clint
Gunslinger

« #21 : July 03, 2009, 05:14:51 AM »

Sorry, but you're wrong about that one.

The ending of c'era una volta il west: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y4Ml1qRGHk&feature=related

In the Italian version, the soundtrack does NOT switch to "Farewell to Cheyenne" theme but remains on the "finale."

Sorry to contradict you but I HAVE the Italian version on DVD. This youtube clip is incomplete, it only shows the title but after that the credits sequence starts over a freezeframe of the last shot with "Farewell to Cheyenne" playing over it.

Novecento
Bounty Killer

« #22 : July 03, 2009, 07:22:42 AM »

Yes Cheyenne's theme does come in with the credits on both versions but the credits appear earlier in the International version than in the Italian one.

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines