Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 05:26:26 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  DVD Version of OUTIA Available in Europe Now
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DVD Version of OUTIA Available in Europe Now  (Read 9471 times)
jonbr
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2002, 09:55:41 PM »

Here is an update regarding the DVD version of  OUATIA. I was able to pick up a DVD version of the movie during a recent trip to Paris. I found a version of the movie that was compatabile with American DVD players (Zone 1) on sale at the Virgin Megastore on the Champs d'Elysee. It is the long, original, uncut version of the movie.  However, it is not widescreen and the sound is just okay. It cost 42 euros. So, I guess this will have to do for now until they release the movie in America.

Jupa
Gunslinger

Viva Leone!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2002, 08:49:18 AM »

Interesting...That's yet another reason to buy a DVD.I hope they would have DVD OUATIA in shops here in Finland,too.

Renny
Chicken Thief

"Are you talking to me?"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2002, 03:45:27 PM »

Interesting...That's yet another reason to buy a DVD.I hope they would have DVD OUATIA in shops here in Finland,too.

Why don't you order it on the web Jupa?

"Your Youngest And Strongest Will Fall By The Sword"
Concorde
Gunslinger

"Finally, I believe ONLY in dynamite...."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2002, 06:30:52 AM »

Jonbr,

In the opening scene, where Eve is shot on the bed, how many gunshots are fired? In the standard U.S. "long" version, there's only one shot. But in the version screened at festivals there are five or six shots,  knocking her body around several times with their impacts.

I'd like to know how many are in this scene in the DVD you bought.

Noodles
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2002, 10:00:16 PM »

Just picked up the Brazilian version on Ebay. No regional coding and the cover is in Portugese.  Full version with Dolby 2.0.  English or Portugese soundtrack.  I guess the fake ones are the ones with an English cover.  Much better than the VHS version I rented to watch this the first time.  After shipping it was $25.78 Grin

2 shots.  The first one knocked her to the bed on her side.  The second knocked her on her back.

Concorde
Gunslinger

"Finally, I believe ONLY in dynamite...."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2002, 04:12:05 AM »

Two shots, eh?

VERY interesting......

My VHS copy only has one shot, the one which knocks her onto the bed. I seem to recall that in the theatrical version (a special "film festival" print which I saw back in 1985), the tough guy blasted her back and forth across the bed with a series of shots, as many as five or six. That and length of the rape scene (shorter in the tape edition) are the only two differences between my VHS copy and the version I saw in the theater.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2002, 04:15:26 AM by Concorde » Logged
jonbr
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2002, 02:00:24 PM »

I will check it out and let you know.

Jonbr,

In the opening scene, where Eve is shot on the bed, how many gunshots are fired? In the standard U.S. "long" version, there's only one shot. But in the version screened at festivals there are five or six shots,  knocking her body around several times with their impacts.

jonbr
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2002, 02:08:11 PM »

Okay - I just checked about the shots. There are two shots fired. By the way, some more details on the DVD - the cover is in English, it offers an English or Porturgese soundtrack, and subtitles in Greek - quite a weird combination, heh?  

Jonbr,

Ramon
Gunslinger

What are we going to do with this one Frank?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2003, 02:32:20 PM »

Just been browing around various sites and found this. Release date 30th June. Special edition 2 disk set, widescreen.

Does anyone have any more information on this?

http://dvdworld.co.uk/

Then type in Once Upon A Time In America in the search box.

in these parts a man's life can depend on a mere scrap of information.

Ramon

www.fistfuloflocations.com
www.youtube.com/profile?user=swlocations
guybrush
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2003, 07:28:41 AM »

It's wonderful news indeed they are going to distribute OUATIA in the UK.
Do you guys think Warner will be soon distributing the DVD also in other European countries?

« Last Edit: February 27, 2003, 11:49:05 AM by guybrush » Logged

Thank God I'm an atheist
---
“What have you done all this time?”
“Going to bed early.”
Stephen Pelletier
Road Apple

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2003, 01:22:14 PM »

In the 227 version, she is shot twice.  I am not aware of any other version where she is shot more than twice.

The 227 min. version I am referencing is the version shown at the NY Film Festival, which was released on laser disc by Warner Bros, in the US.

Stephen Pelletier
www.onceuponatimeinamerica.com

Jonbr,

shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2003, 12:56:48 PM »

More fresh news.

Amozon.fr announces the DVD release for june 12. 2 dvd edition, zone 2 only. But it's the desappointing 116 minutes version.

It's a "cinemascope" screen as the site describes it, with an audio commentary by Richard Shickel, in english.

Interesting price, only 25 euros (in dollars it's the same price more or less) for the 2 DVD.

Each one for himself, and God against all.
scmexican
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2003, 01:21:10 PM »

Hey guys, well I'm new here but I love this movie.  I've been trying to purchase it on dvd for yrs and no such luck.  And just today I did some researching and found out that its going to be released on June 10.  Heres the link from Video Universe.

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?style=MOVIE&pid=5808252&cart=141616234

I also joined Columbia House DVD club and OUTIA came out in their Spring 2003 catalog.  So it seems like it will finally be released.  

shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2003, 12:36:01 PM »

Be careful because the European release is the shortest version of the movie.

Each one for himself, and God against all.
Angel Eyes
Bandido

I'll ask the questions!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2003, 12:42:44 PM »

Be careful because the European release is the shortest version of the movie.
So if us Europeans want to buy the definitive full length version, how long is it, and will we have to buy it from outside Europe?

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM