Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 11:24:24 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Bullet and the Flesh (Il piombo e la carne) (1965)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bullet and the Flesh (Il piombo e la carne) (1965)  (Read 2406 times)
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2007, 08:43:43 AM »

Review from Arizona Colt :-

Watched BULLET & THE FLESH tonight, an early italian spag that's more of a love story than anything else. The action doesn't really arrive until the final 25 minutes and it consists mostly of guys hiding behind rocks firing at each other. It's basically a spaghetti Romeo & Juliet as a white woman is in love with an Indian and the trouble that follows. If you don't mind all the dramatic buildup you could a lot worse.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 07:13:42 AM »

http://imdb.com/title/tt0059701/

http://www.spaghettiwestern.altervista.org/piombo_carne.htm

I don't know what to do with this. It's not in the category "so bad it's good" because the plot is linear (an indian boy and a white girl are in love but her parents hate indians and have an interest in their sacred wood because they need it to sell to the railroad. So they manage to have the boy arrested and will shoot it out in the end, with a final image stolen from Duel in the Sun). Some of the characters are weird (Lulli's, thanx to the actor, is very good. Dante Maggio's is very bad) and the dialogues stale (but after so much political correctedness it's refrshing to be hearing again the words we heard in our youth"you dirty indian" and the likes). So I give it 5\10.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 04:21:15 PM »

I forgot to add something about the Indian camp which is the strangest I've seen as it is not made of wigwams but of buildings made of hay and what else you see usually common with some population of the pacific ocean.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM