Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 11:10:40 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Apache Fury (La furia degli Apache) (1964)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Apache Fury (La furia degli Apache) (1964)  (Read 1790 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2008, 08:47:52 PM »

http://imdb.com/title/tt0058198/

I'm not so enthusiastic as the single reviewer at IMDB, maybe because I watched the movie in spanish and lost some bits of dialogue. But this is a good one, hanging between 7\10 and 8\10 anyway. An indian is killed and his tribe wants a vengeance. The culprit and his relatives plus another assortment of people finds sanctuary in a stagecoach station and they will have to substain the various attacks until...well I'm not giving away the end. The movie is of the AW, pre-Leone kind and can hold its own among  the best of the genre (the AW, that is). It is surely solid in the dialogues but I find the action scenes not partricularly memorable. The siege of the mission offered, thanx to the particular shape of the building, a chance to elaborate something more clever than just have Indians attacking in full day and be esterminated from palefaces guns. As the reviewer at IMDB points out, the chica (Nuria Torray?) is a small sized brunette with a pretty face which has too clothes on and, apparently, a too diminutive low back for my tastes but still makes her dialogues worth hearing anyway. The score is strange: it is not very good but original in the mixture of electric guitar (before Morricone?) and organ with trumpet and rhythm guitars. As this is available in english I hope somebody else will come up with comments.   

I don't know how Sambrell ended up in the IMDB credits, but he is not listed in the movie credits nor I was able to spot him. Probably the reviewer at IMDB took Brana erroneously for him.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM